Anybody else a little disappointed that there wasn't a riot after the show?

ITW 2012

Most people in the crowd were hipster-posers. No way there could be a riot.

I always forget that the kids from this decade have grown up without real rock bands.

You obviously forget about the two kids in England TWO decades ago that lost their lives in a crowd stampede during a GNR concert. You fucking idiot.

Edited by spunko12345

No. Nothing could have been better than the atmosphere at the show. Lot of love for the band in the air, for a riot to happen it would have taken some kind of dischord, which would have totally fucked up the night.

Some fires and smashed bottles would have been nice. The Guns camp made such a big deal over the curfew bullshit, and then they just went out and played a normal show, with nothing out of the ordinary in the setlist, and no rants from Axl. Like a sizzle without the steak.

I always forget that the kids from this decade have grown up without real rock bands.

You obviously forget about the two kids in England TWO decades ago that lost their lives in a crowd stampede during a GNR concert. You fucking idiot.

Dude, you're taking this way too seriously. Nobody has ever died from a GNR riot.

Edited by ITW 2012

Some fires and smashed bottles would have been nice. The Guns camp made such a big deal over the curfew bullshit and then they just went out and played a normal show, with nothing out of the ordinary in the setlist, and no rants from Axl.

Its too obvious though.

I understand that you like the band purely for their capacity to fuck things up, and I also love the unpredictable and weirdness about bands. But its time too let it go, a riot would have been stupid, and all we would have got from "crazy" old Axl is a pseudo intellectual tweet about how it was someone else's fault. How exciting would that have been?

Some fires and smashed bottles would have been nice. The Guns camp made such a big deal over the curfew bullshit and then they just went out and played a normal show, with nothing out of the ordinary in the setlist, and no rants from Axl.

Its too obvious though.

I understand that you like the band purely for their capacity to fuck things up, and I also love the unpredictable and weirdness about bands. But its time too let it go, a riot would have been stupid, and all we would have got from "crazy" old Axl is a pseudo intellectual tweet about how it was someone else's fault. How exciting would that have been?

Why do you think the forum crashed today? It's not like we were all online to watch Jarmo count down the same old setlist. I think we were hoping they''d do something interesting to back up their bravado of the past few days.

I also like the band's music but unfortunately they hardly ever release any.

Edited by ITW 2012

Its too obvious though.

Why do you think the forum crashed today? It's not like we were all online to watch Jarmo count down the same old setlist. I think we were hoping they''d do something interesting to back up their bravado of the past few days.

I also like the bands music but unfortunately they hardly ever release any.

I think that says more about us (and by us I mean you) hopelessly clinging onto the belief that this band is thrilling in anyway outside of the music.

Don't get me wrong, they kick peoples fanny when they play a good gig but the other shit is so pathetic.

The sheer facts about this weekend are - Promoter tells the band they have to stop at a certain point. - Band doesnt. - Promoter stops their electricity - Band gets on twitter and bitches about it.

Twitter for fucks sake? and this is supposed to be exciting?

Some fires and smashed bottles would have been nice. The Guns camp made such a big deal over the curfew bullshit, and then they just went out and played a normal show, with nothing out of the ordinary in the setlist, and no rants from Axl. Like a sizzle without the steak.

Dude, you're taking this way too seriously. Nobody has ever died from a GNR riot.

No, but a lot of people did get seriously hurt during the riots in St. Louis, Montreal, and Vancouver. In all honesty, we all know you'd be running for dear life if you where in a riot, so stop trying to make it seem cool to be apart of something very dangerous, because I'm sure you don't want to be in a hospital due to a broken arm or something. GnR can play a great show without the help of a riot.

Its too obvious though.

I also like the bands music but unfortunately they hardly ever release any.

I think that says more about us (and by us I mean you) hopelessly clinging onto the belief that this band is thrilling in anyway outside of the music.

Don't get me wrong, they kick peoples fanny when they play a good gig but the other shit is so pathetic.

The sheer facts about this weekend are - Promoter tells the band they have to stop at a certain point. - Band doesnt. - Promoter stops their electricity - Band gets on twitter and bitches about it.

Twitter for fucks sake? and this is supposed to be exciting?

They put on great shows. I had a blast at the 2 shows I went to here in Canada. Since then they've really scaled back on CD material though and things have become a bit stale.

Why would anyone WANT a riot?

People get hurt, or sometimes killed during riots.

What I want is a fucking rock n' roll band to put on a great show and connect with the audience. Riots are fucking stupid

i was just trying to get at tonight's show being a very anticlimactic ending to the last few days, and a riot seemed a more likely occurrence than a unique show.

What I want is a fucking rock n' roll band to put on a great show and connect with the audience. Riots are fucking stupid

Randy only wants a riot at the shows he's not at. That way he can live vicariously through "The Most Dangerous Band In The World" without having to deal with the reality of a situation like he describes.

Randy only wants a riot at the shows he's not at. That way he can live vicariously through "The Most Dangerous Band In The World" without having to deal with the reality of a situation like he describes.

I was in Vancouver back in 02. We were drinking in the hotel when the riot started because we expected Axl would be late anyway.

Edited by ITW 2012

i was just trying to get at tonight's show being a very anticlimactic ending to the last few days, and a riot seemed a more likely occurrence than a unique show.

It ended anticlimatctically for you sitting behind your computer screen reading the update saying "Paradise City", for the 90 000 individuals bouncing like nutcases in that field, the word "Anticlimax" never entered the equation.

What a stupid fucking topic. Do you even realise the devastating effect a riot has?

I was at the Download gig in 2006 and there were riots then. And it was not pretty.

I was at the show tonight and Guns were outstanding. No need for anybody to go burning the park up and destroying all of the vendors.

Seriously dude, think before you post a topic like this.

he is clearly just having some fun people. lighten up.

of course i wanted the show to work out, im very glad axl showed up and delivered for the fans.

but at the same time, its always fun when shit gets interesting. i haven't been interested in the recent shows all that much (i dont read the setlists..i dont really care, release CDII axl), but reading on Friday was glorious.

its even better since axl came thru and made leeds happen.