Is he losing it? or is he the last rock star?

Downinahole

Amazed that people still think that what has happened the last week somehow proves that Axl is the last "rock star" out there performing.

I guess some people go to concerts for all the other drama-type stuff. Me? I go to hear a band performing songs - and I hope they blow me away. For people to blame all the stuff that has happened in the last week on promoters or biased journalists or pussies that want to get home for bed on time is moronic.

I did get a good laugh from mywifemylife though. Because we want to get home at a reasonable hour means we have "miserable lives." That is funny. Or, it could be that we don't need a riot or a 3 AM rock concert to make our lives meaningful, like some of you people must. I can be happy and satisfied from a band coming out and playing kick-as music for two hours. I don't need all the extra drama to make it "worth it" for me.

Edited by Apollo

It doesn't matter what anyone's responsibilities are (and most of us have them, especially us middle age folk), but it's completely disrespectful and unnecessary! to keep paying ticket holders waiting for an hour or more. He's not a superstar anymore, people aren't going to take that shit. Again, it's not the eighties, people are used to getting things instantaneously, and any diva move Axl makes in concert goes viral right away.

People should just stop trying to make excuses for it, the guy has obvious mental issues, but he is going to bankrupt himself through lawsuits, if he doesn't stop walking off stage. His band (paid players) will quit out of embarrassment and he will find it extremely hard to ever book a tour again. He has surrounded himself with Beta and the like, who don't give him the reality check he so desperately needs.

I appreciate his talent, but it sure is hard to watch it all pissed away year after year.

If he expects to play arenas, he should be trying to get the show off on time.

They should do a reality show just focusing on what Axl's doing from 3PM to showtime.

World has lost it, rock is dead,and everyone became pussies. Axl is not,and that's why people cant get him. I mean the majority of course. Go see Tokio Hotel,Radihead,Muse where you can feel safe,be home at your sleeping time and have enuff time for the milk,and get up early to catch the vehicle leading to your miserable lives.

totally agree with ya

You're just not a "hardcore fan", I guess. And band members are usually scared of the hardest of hardcore "#1" fans. Axl might like them from a distance, but I doubt he's giving his address out to any of them.

All those people with "miserable lives" are the ones shelling out the money to see GNR when they come to town.

I'm not a fan of the "let's taunt Axl" contingency so he can cut the show short. Don't get why they'd bother paying money just to get him riled up.

Amazed that people still think that what has happened the last week somehow proves that Axl is the last "rock star" out there performing.

I guess some people go to concerts for all the other drama-type stuff. Me? I go to hear a band performing songs - and I hope they blow me away. For people to blame all the stuff that has happened in the last week on promoters or biased journalists or pussies that want to get home for bed on time is moronic.

I did get a good laugh from mywifemylife though. Because we want to get home at a reasonable hour means we have "miserable lives." That is funny. Or, it could be that we don't need a riot or a 3 AM rock concert to make our lives meaningful, like some of you people must. I can be happy and satisfied from a band coming out and playing kick-as music for two hours. I don't need all the extra drama to make it "worth it" for me.

so take the day off and get a babysitter

That's what I do when I go to a GnR show, & if I can get someone willing to keep the kids for the entire night I get a Motel room too. It's still fucking disrespectful to people that shell out their money to come see you. Axl is the only one I know of who consistently pulls this crap. I go to a lot of shows, & GnR are the only ones that ever pull this shit. I've seen bands come on 10-15 minutes late, and that's reasonable, but an hour or longer, get real, that's just bullshit.

if you don't like it go see some other band.

That's exactly what I do. If/When they tour the USA again, I'll be staying home & avoiding all the drama :thumbsup:

Axl truly is one of the last true real rock stars. No commercials, no sellouts, just Axls way or the highway. Dude is 100% rock star. No Dr. Drew, no Dancing With Stars, no Idol etc...what was his famous quote to Bas in response to Bas telling him VH1 would pay Axl a milion $ for an interview? Didn't Axl say "I'll pay them a million $ to leave me the fuck alone" or something like that? Axl is up there with Plant, Mercury etc..... no doubt. Too bad all the wasted years with Axl. Such talent & so little material.

Axl truly is one of the last true real rock stars. No commercials, no sellouts, just Axls way or the highway. Dude is 100% rock star. No Dr. Drew, no Dancing With Stars, no Idol etc...what was his famous quote to Bas in response to Bas telling him VH1 would pay Axl a milion $ for an interview? Didn't Axl say "I'll pay them a million $ to leave me the fuck alone" or something like that? Axl is up there with Plant, Mercury etc..... no doubt. Too bad all the wasted years with Axl. Such talent & so little material.

+1

I understand many people's point of the late stuff, but everything else if pure him. He does what he wants, when he wants. He won't be on Idol, or VMA's, or and worthless award show or video game to be the good guy.

And he wil never give in, which is the best of all. After countless people make fun of him, bitch about him having the name, and want a reunion, he doesn't care. He'll never sell his soul and prostitute himself like someone he once knew. He abides by his rules, which is not always good, but regardless, he'll never change. He won't cave in to the public eye to save face. He will always call his band Guns N' Roses, probably won't ever cave in for a cash-grab reunion tour, simply, he will never give in.

No commercial, no sellouts, no saving face. He tells it like it is and doesn't care what people think.

He is truly the last real rock star on the planet.

I think for everyone outside of the forums, he has lost it, but has lost it for a long time. Too often he is torn apart (and its easy to do to be honest, so kinda cheap) and less focus of effort is put to how good a show might of been or how well he sounds for a guy his age etc etc etc.

Right now no one cares, and they haven't for a while. Everyone loves to see ppl who were at the top fall.

When GNR were at their prime, Axl was WAY more of an asshole (its was great fun to be honest)..he had his massive rants, caused riots, turned up late...super fucking late for that matter,...etc. But because they were at the top of their game ppl didn't criticise these faults as much eg. focus a report on the lateness of show.

I've read some lame quotes by some of the bands at Reading & Leeds slamming Axl & the band.....and maybe they are reflecting the thoughts of most ppl these days, however one thing stood out to me. Those ppl will be forgotten about in a hand full of years, and when they are 50 (or however old Axl is) they will be long forgotten and not asked to headline big festivals or anything remotely close to it.

Everyone loves singing along to it's so easy or whatever getting thrill of being a reckless badass but when the real deal is 30 mins late they burst into tears. Yeah welcome to the jungle but do what ur told. I guess it's a Chinese democracy...

I wish Axl was more concerned with putting out music, than he was being a "rock star."

Sort of ironic that some members love axl because he says and does whatever he wants. BUT if somebody says something negative about axl and doesn't just kiss his ass....then that fan is worthless and a pussy and not a real fan. So Axl is a alrock star" because he speaks freely....but a fan is a hater and pussy if he does the same thing? Interesting.

GNR has never done good publicity, as in working with media to set up stories so what they get is a media witch hunt and bottle throwing cowards as publicity

As GNR dissolved and it became Axl and company the band still got horrible publicity, clearly the public doesnt like Axl. Slash on the other hand gets no negative publicity, the public loves him. And Slash is still relevant today so Im going to go ahead and say he would be the last rockstar over Axl. If Axl were to ever get his shit together, quit treating fans like shit, and put out a great rock album (we've heard only 30 seconds of Checkmate but it sounds much better than anything on CD, it could really rule the airwaves) then I would think he would be above Slash. Until then, Slash is definitely the bigger star.

GNR has never done good publicity, as in working with media to set up stories so what they get is a media witch hunt and bottle throwing cowards as publicity

As GNR dissolved and it became Axl and company the band still got horrible publicity, clearly the public doesnt like Axl. Slash on the other hand gets no negative publicity, the public loves him. And Slash is still relevant today so Im going to go ahead and say he would be the last rockstar over Axl. If Axl were to ever get his shit together, quit treating fans like shit, and put out a great rock album (we've heard only 30 seconds of Checkmate but it sounds much better than anything on CD, it could really rule the airwaves) then I would think he would be above Slash. Until then, Slash is definitely the bigger star.

Slash is the Ronald McDonald to Axl's Big Mac. No Happy Meal for you, Charlie Brown.

Edited by ITW 2012

I wish Axl was more concerned with putting out music, than he was being a "rock star."

Sort of ironic that some members love axl because he says and does whatever he wants. BUT if somebody says something negative about axl and doesn't just kiss his ass....then that fan is worthless and a pussy and not a real fan. So Axl is a alrock star" because he speaks freely....but a fan is a hater and pussy if he does the same thing? Interesting.

Wel of course if someone says things negative about something they aren't a fan. It's like me hating on the Dallas Cowboy's and being on a Cowboy's forum, it doesn't make sense. It's just the people on this forum that dislike Axl, or the new band are fuckin boring and repetitive. The never have anything good to say about Axl, it's pathetic. Even if Axl showed up on time the rest of the tour dates, released 2 new albums in the span of 8 months, promoted the fuck out of the albums and toured for another year there would be some prick saying something negative when there is no negative to talk about.

It's the wanker's that pray for a reunion, wish Slash was still in the band, hate today's GN'R becuase there's "no Slash," and the people who simply can't move on. Those people I can't stand.

Yes I understand Slash isn't in the band anymore, deal with it! At least we still have Guns N' Roses and Axl didn't give up in 95 becuase Slash left, he's moved on, so has Slash, why can't you!

Slash is the Ronald McDonald to Axl's Big Mac. No Happy Meal for you, Charlie Brown.

As I remember early on it was more about slashs drinking it was still bad publicity but everyone loves a junkie rock star it's entertaining in a non threatening way. Maybe one in a million was the turning point. Then media having to sign contracts. It's not that they don't do good publicity it's that they don't do it so the media makes it bad publicity, it sells better

People cry and bitch too much.

Any big band is usually an hour for a set change unless the bands share the same equipment.

All you hear lately is LATE THIS and LATE THAT.

They showed up. Get over it. Does something on your ticket say how many songs they owe you? A lot of shows you get 6-12 songs from most bands and even headliners.

he is very definately a bit of a nut bar.. you dont go around biting security guards ankles without being a little highly strung...

at the same time he's the best front man still alive and GnR are awesome live..

And creatively the quality of the songs is beyond doubt especially if you compare this to Slashs output since he left GnR so on balance the erratic behaviour is worth putting up with for the music you get to hear.

I just hope no one throws stuff at the gig I have tickets to.

Over time it seems just about every journalist in the entire western world has been pissed off by Axl so I dont expect to see any positive reviews from them.

Axl is an amazing composer of rock songs erratic and bonkers but brilliant. So he is the last rock star.

If you want a smooth slick (soulless) show go see Cheryl Cole.

Don't put me into the axl-hater group. 99% of my posting on this forum has been positive about Axl. I just think that this last week has been ridiculous. And again.....I wish Axl spent more time worrying about the music, and less time being a rock star. I'd rather talk about a killer new song or killer acoustic version of an old classic, rather than discussing him biting a security guard or standing up to "the man."

I do find it interesting the different tone of some of the forum fans on here. Why do the axl diehards, the ones who defend his actions no matter what, the ones who keep going on-and-on about him being a true rock star.....why do you guys always have to make make personal attacks against the people you are debating? Here is what I'm talking about. Somebody will complain about the late start and tell why. Missed their train, job the next day, etc. BUT the response will start off positive - but will always end with an insult. "Axl has been starting shows late for 25 years, so this shouldn't be a surprise. This is rock n roll, your just a big pussy with a miserable life." What????????? I get that you are mad because we aren't kissing your idol's ass. But guess what? Axl has been my favorite singer for 25 years. Because I don't like something that he did or said.....that negates 25 years of dedication to Axl? Its odd you guys praise Axl for not being a corporate ass-kisser....but you get mad if anybody dare say something negative about him. Double standard much?

He's the last rock star........... who might be the world's worst at public relations.

Really though, Axl is still selling out arena's, the album sold millions and (for better or worse, usually worse) people want to write about him.

I don't agree with all the things he does, who would? I'll never understand the guy either. But hey, in it's own fucked up way, it works.

Edited by axldavies