U.K. Fans Slam AXL ROSE's 'Glorified Covers Band'

matthewlang

Well this is just annoying dry.gif

NME TV talked to fans at the U.K.'s Reading festival who witnessed GUNS N' ROSES' August 27 headline performance, which saw singer Axl Rose turn up an hour late and stage a sit-down protest when the sound was turned off. Watch the fan reactions in the three-minute clip:

http://www.roadrunne...wsitemID=145724

Edited by pobin123

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RonMexico82

If it is a surprise to any of you that this is how the general public view this band I'd like to know what planet you have been living on for the past decade?

Sounds like some people still are close-minded about the old Guns...Ah well, to each his own. I love Slash, Duff, Izzy, Matt, and Steven too but the new band still rocks. I really do love Chinese Democracy. If that guy thinks THIS is a circus, he must not've been around for the 2002 lineup. :xmasssanta:

Sounds like some people still are close-minded about the old Guns...Ah well, to each his own. I love Slash, Duff, Izzy, Matt, and Steven too but the new band still rocks. I really do love Chinese Democracy. If that guy thinks THIS is a circus, he must not've been around for the 2002 lineup. :xmasssanta:

This biggrin.gif

Guest RonMexico82

BREAKING NEWS: GENERAL PUBLIC KNOWS FUCK ALL ABOUT CURRENT LINE-UP.

Hardly surprising when an official band line-up photo doesn't even exist. Not to mention promoters using phrases like - "The return of the legendary band behind rock classics Paradise City and Sweet Child O' Mine"

Oh and no official video to accompany Chinese Democracy.

Outside of these forums, the members of this line up are hardly household names. Guitar geeks will know Bumblefoot and grizzled rock fans might know Tommy Stinson. A few emo kids might know DJ. Thats about it.

Its no surprise that the greatest hits crowd complain about Axl running off stage. They want to see him and thats why they paid for tickets. No other reason.

Facts about Reading and Leeds Festivals for those who are from outside the UK: i was at leeds, the crowd was huge and the majority loved GNR and couldn't get enough.These cunts on the video probably didn't even watch the show.

At least 50% of the people who attend on weekend tix are between 16 and 18. They dont give a fuck about anything other than NME promoted bands such as libertines etc.... It is a weird festival, more of a 6th form, end of school party than a music festival. It wouldn't matter who was on the bill they would sell shit loads of tickets. Massive amounts are not there for the music.

Most of this 50% are brainwashed by the press and hate Axl and GNR, even before the incidents of that weekend. Even if the band were on time they would have hated it. NME would have slagged it off no matter what.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, thats fine by me. Axl and Guns are easy targets, always have been and always will be.

I love the fact that they divide opinion so much, truth is, some hate to admit that deep down they love what Axl and GNR stand for - there's a reason this band sells out arenas across the world and will continue to do so for many years and shock horror it isn't just the music!

These cunts can say what they want, this band and Axl will be talked about for all the right reasons long after the libertines have fell off their rather small pedestal. Only one band at Leeds and Reading will be remembered as legends.

Hardly surprising when an official band line-up photo doesn't even exist. Not to mention promoters using phrases like - "The return of the legendary band behind rock classics Paradise City and Sweet Child O' Mine"

Outside of these forums, the members of this line up are hardly household names. Guitar geeks will know Bumblefoot and grizzled rock fans might know Tommy Stinson. A few emo kids might know DJ. Thats about it.

Its no surprise that the greatest hits crowd complain about Axl running off stage. They want to see him and thats why they paid for tickets. No other reason.

They public may not know much about the new lineup, but it's general knowledge that Slash isn't in guns n' roses any more.

Guest RonMexico82

They public may not know much about the new lineup, but it's general knowledge that Slash isn't in guns n' roses any more.

You'd think so huh! Unfortunately general knowledge doesn't pass for much these days. A National Geographic Survey found that half of 18-25 year olds could not find New York State on a map of the United States.

You guys underestimate the amount of casual gig goers who know fuck all about either line-up. To a lot of people Guns N Roses is Axl and Slash. Mention Duff and they think you are talking about The Simpsons.

Someone above mentioned that one band will be remembered as legendary at Reading and Leeds and that it wouldn't be The Libertines. Yeah it will be Guns 'N Roses but not the one that was at Reading or Leeds either.

You'd think so huh! Unfortunately general knowledge doesn't pass for much these days. A National Geographic Survey found that half of 18-25 year olds could not find New York State on a map of the United States.

You guys underestimate the amount of casual gig goers who know fuck all about either line-up. To a lot of people Guns N Roses is Axl and Slash. Mention Duff and they think you are talking about The Simpsons.

Someone above mentioned that one band will be remembered as legendary at Reading and Leeds and that it wouldn't be The Libertines. Yeah it will be Guns 'N Roses but not the one that was at Reading or Leeds either.

Surely according to you last thread, the casual concert go-ers who know "fuck all about either line-up" would probably mistaken DJ for Slash? :lol:

Everyones happy.

The old line up were never at leeds or reading they didnt exist then.

The original line up made history, in good and controversial ways. The new line up does exactly the same thing. That's what GNR is all about.

Everyone has their opinion, mine is this, AXL is Guns and is the reason this band are legendary. Not slash or any of the others apart from Izzy. Ironic how Izzy made the most significant contribution to guns apart from Axl and if you asked one of these cunts who he was they wouldn't have a clue. Tommy and dizzy are more GNR than Slash.

Glorified cover bands don't play original material. Thick fuckers.

Tommy and dizzy are more GNR than Slash.

Let's not go nuts

:thumbsup:

I did get a bit over excited there...... lol all credit to slash for his riffs, smoking during his solos and the iconic top hat!

Edited by bangit