Can GNR please do a MTV appearance

Guns n' Swedes

I think this would be a great way to show USA how great they really are right now and then promote a huge tour over there!

I don't know what they've got planned but if they try to just roll into the states unannounced and with no new album(single) then its not gonna go over all that well. They need a song that is as good or close to as good as the old band before the general public in the U.S. is gonna except them (a song that is radio friendly as fuck). Deep cuts like those on CD are not gonna work here. Even though, IMO, its a great album.

How are they going to appear on MTV, when they don't seem to show any actual music anymore? Maybe they could appear on the Jersey shore, sing a song and tag team snooki?

If they wanted to make a serious media impact before an American tour, then they would have to go on any show that would take them. The Tonight Show, Live with Regis and idiot blonde. Maybe even Meet the Press, if they're feeling adventurous.

How are they going to appear on MTV, when they don't seem to show any actual music anymore? Maybe they could appear on the Jersey shore, sing a song and tag team snooki?

i know you were trolling but i think dj ashba - snooki would be quite a couple.

no way uh uh. We seem to forget the shit storm from last time this was done. a live via satellite would be cool though, then they would have their own stage with their own fans and equipment

why not? i think this band should have the balls to show up to the VMA's.

not showing up is giving in and not very dont you try to stop us now if you ask me.

i know you were trolling but i think dj ashba - snooki would be quite a couple.

no way uh uh. We seem to forget the shit storm from last time this was done. a live via satellite would be cool though, then they would have their own stage with their own fans and equipment

why not? i think this band should have the balls to show up to the VMA's.

not showing up is giving in and not very dont you try to stop us now if you ask me.

ok maybe but shouldn't they at least have a video for the VMA's? LOL

MTV is a piece of shit now. All they have is crappy music and reality shows.

I think before GN'R tour the States, I think the best thing would be is release a new album before the tour or atleast a new single. Than go on talk shows and maybe American Idol or some show and promote the album. Release video's, and have a huge US stadium tour with like 2 other bands.

The VMA's is over, that's out. So that leaves the AMA's and the Grammy's. It would be a great sell point, I think, to have GN'R on the show and play Jungle, a new song, and Paradise City, like they did in '02.

You think MTV has any interest in NuGnR?? even if MTV still did music that ship sailed long ago for Axl...There is little interest in NuGnR here in the U.S....most fans here don't even know NuGnR exists...As someone mentioned Axls best bet is to do Letterman or Leno and maybe That Metal Show or some type of special live gig for VH1...

If Axl wants any press here he needs to offer interviews with major magazines here. I think they would do it just out of curiosity since he has been out of the press for so long.......If Axl wants to generate some interest here he needs to interview with someone other than fluff pieces with Del James.

No interview= no press here in the U.S= failure.......Releasing ChiDem leftovers is not going to make it here as ChiDem was less than a hit..

Unless Axl changes the way he rolls he has no chance of sucess here in the U.S.

VH1 Classic is better than VH1, but sometimes both show the same concert events.

Kimmel would be good because they have the rooftop set up for live shows in LA. Fallon's scored rock legends within a year... Robert Plant, Roger Waters, Mick and Keith, and would be interesting to see what he'd ask Axl. Kimmel used to work in radio (KROQ), Fallon's a music geek, and I think either one would be fun. Letterman can be kind of relentless, but he's a better interviewer than Leno. Craig Ferguson used to be a drummer in a punk rock band, so I think he'd be able to ask decent questions out of musicians.

I like the idea of GNR going on That Metal Show because they'd just shoot the shit about the band now, and Florentine might bring up Slash, but it would be a good show.

As far as press interviews go - people don't read magazines, they get all their info on the internet. They'll read concert reviews. He'd have to go on Extra or Entertainment Tonight to get mainstream attention. Axl sitting down with Mario Lopez? Prob. not. Mark McGrath? Depends if they ever had a feud in 1990-something.

People will see the Yahoo page, see the trends, Axl's name is up there, and wind up reading what's been going on with him.

Fuck MTV. Fuse would be better. Axl doing a cartoon voiceover would get more attention (don't laugh - Sebastian Bach was on Spongebob Squarepants! Plus Axl's already done voice work for a video game, he does have a great speaking voice he could make a nice living off of.) T