Knocking On Mutherfucking Heaven's Door

ITW 2012

I wish they would go back to performing it in the style of the UYI2 version. I'm sure some of you will say that it is an awful cover, and maybe it is, but if that's so, I like the fact that GNR had the balls to do an awful cover of "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" in a bombastic power ballad arrangement with a gospel choir and a rambling phone message. Every other cover of that song is so reverential. The way they do it now is good enough, but I liked it better the old way.

Never liked the studio version, but it's fantastic live. I assume many of those who have seen it live would agree, for any era of Guns. They all put their own stamp on it, which is nice for once.

It's not the highlight of the show, at least not to me. But it's much better live than on the record, it has a lot more energy. I never liked the song that much until I heard it live. My favorite version have to be the acoustic one at the Rose Bar in NYC. It has so much energy and everything about it is perfect!

please don't say a cover is the highlight of a gnr show...

It is a highlight, it's a great rendition of a classic song. The new band(s) does a killer job on it, so much better than the illusion version (IMO).

2006 Axl was fucking awesome! So much soul.

Edited by axl8302