Kanye West

inthisriver

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm buying into the hype. Going to actually pick up a physical copy tomorrow; can't wait to bump this bid'ness on my stock F-150 stereo system.

Hell of a Life is the track I'm going to play my kids when they ask me about the man that is Louis Vuitton Don.

Edited by AbominableHoman

It's not a 10 - it's certainly messy and bombastic and a bit all over the place - but it's great. Kinda reminds me of the 2010 equivalent of Use Your Illusion where you can fault it for being so over-the-top but, at the same time, that's part of its charm.

"Devil in a New Dress" is something I want to light up to soon. Just such an awesome beat.

"Runaway" and "Dark Fantasy" are close contenders for best song.

It is messy, chaotic, bombastic, humbling, sparse, sprawling, grandiose, introspective, lovely, and ugly. Some things don't work but a lot of things do. I'll agree that its not 10, (Despite more reviews pouring in saying it is) but it by far my favorite album of the year.

So Appalled and the mastering alone keeps it from being a 10. Even if it's not my favourite album of the year it's one of the most captivating albums I've heard in a long time...I used to think Kanye was good but overrated but now I'm definitely getting the hype. Definitely top 10 stuff, probably top 5.

Glad to see that so many people are digging this album. The critical response is something I really didn't expect, but that goes to show ya, it's pretty fresh.

I have a feeling I'll be regularly spinning it for a quite a while.

I think it's an awesome album but I don't think it's quite the stone cold classic that critics are making it out to be. It's not in the same league as The Chronic or Enter The Wu-Tang, in my opinion.