If Duff would want to come back

vintage

If Duff wanted to come back to GnR, I would not miss Tommy 1 bit!! What has Tommy done, help create C.D. and the General of the band, Give me a breat Duff brings a hell of allot more the Tommy to the table!!

Before Tommy joined GnR he was not a big fan , Duff is a Big Part of why GnR is what it is...

Please come back Duff and sorry Tommy you can go play with whats your other bands name.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Duff wanted to come back to GnR, I would not miss Tommy 1 bit!!

Duff is a Big Part of why GnR is what it is...

Please come back Duff.

+ 1

I want Slash, Izzy, and Steve to come back too.

lol Steve. I can't take anyone serious when they say that. The guy is a punchline. I don't want him anywhere near guns n' roses.

I honestly doubt Duff joins the band on a full time basis without Slash. A one-off show or a few shows is one thing, permanently joining is quite another.

Likewise with Axl, I doubt he'd kick Tommy to the curb. There would only be one reason to do that, and that's if Axl changed his mind and wanted to do a reunion. If you are going to do it you don't do it half assed, you bring back all the old guys. The impact of having just Duff isn't enough to get rid of Stinson, but if it was for a full fledged reunion then I think the new guys would be humble enough to step aside and it wouldn't be seen as Axl stabbing one guy in the back.

Edited by KBear

Please come back Duff.

+ 1

lol Steve. I can't take anyone serious when they say that. The guy is a punchline. I don't want him anywhere near guns n' roses.

I just watched Steven play with his band this past week at a local club. The guy didn't miss a beat and he looked healthier than I have seen him in years. So yeah, you're basically uneducated and talking out of your ass ...

The impact of having just Duff isn't enough to get rid of Stinson, but if it was for a full fledged reunion then I think the new guys would be humble enough to step aside and it wouldn't be seen as Axl stabbing one guy in the back.

They wouldn't have to step aside. Axl could just terminate their employment. If a reunion were announced, do you honestly think anyone outside of a few in need of a lobotomy would care about the band's 4th rhythm guitar or 5th touring drummer? I sure as hell wouldn't.

I realize Axl could just fire them. What I'm saying is that he's not going to fire Stinson just to bring Duff back. Why would Duff alone return to GN'R? To tour around playing some old hits and Chi Dem songs, and to re-record the bass parts for Chi Dem 2? It does not make sense from Duff's perspective, and it does not make sense from Axl's. If you bring Duff back, or Duff and Izzy, or Duff and Steve/Matt, or whatever, you bring back all of them. You do it because you are committed to it, and it would be maximum impact, something they could really roll with, not a half assed semi-reunion that is anti-climactic because it's just the bass player and drummer. As fuckin' great as they are and meant for GN'R as they are. I know it would be a step up, and I'm not against it by any means. But if there's a reunion it's gotta be done right.

Edited by KBear

Please come back Duff.

+ 1

I just watched Steven play with his band this past week at a local club. The guy didn't miss a beat and he looked healthier than I have seen him in years. So yeah, you're basically uneducated and talking out of your ass ...

as usual...

Please come back Duff.

+ 1

as usual...

I don't care about his drumming. As a human being he's a joke, and a fuck up. And I repeat, " I don't want him anywhere near guns n' roses.''

Tommy is the backbone of current GNR, he's been as long in the band as Duff used to. I find it unfair and ungrateful of you lot who want to see him chucked out in favour of Duff, like a worn-out pair of shoes.

I would love to see Duff back on stage with Axl, of course. But not for the price of Tommy leaving. If GNR can have 3 guitarrists, why not 2 bassists? :krider:

whoooo people. Stop for a second and breath...let this moment just be a great moment in time..

Im in the camp that i wanna see what the legacy lineup can do i know those fuckers can rock the world ..these guys now are amazing but ,,,i just cant feel real like li did in 87-93 with em...i just cand help but feeling like im still getting second best even though every single one of the guys are ABSOLUTE AMAZING MUSICIANS..

Anybody claiming Tommy has done nothing is a fucking deluded idiot.

Some people want to claim he has had no relevant contribution to this band yet forget the fact that a very small number of loyal members helped keep the name alive.Without those members there would be no band for any ex member to rejoin.Not that it matters because its not going to happen, it was clear that the moment he walked on stage the forum would be full of the usual suspects slating current members so the can carry on with reunion wishes.

Good luck with that

The impact of having just Duff isn't enough to get rid of Stinson, but if it was for a full fledged reunion then I think the new guys would be humble enough to step aside and it wouldn't be seen as Axl stabbing one guy in the back.

They wouldn't have to step aside. Axl could just terminate their employment. If a reunion were announced, do you honestly think anyone outside of a few in need of a lobotomy would care about the band's 4th rhythm guitar or 5th touring drummer? I sure as hell wouldn't.

Err, so let me get this straight - this reunion fantasy involves Axl 'firing' the current lineup and then 'hiring' Izzy, Duff, Sorum, Adler and Slash? Far out.