vintage

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what has tommy done, fuck all

This.

In all honesty, from a musical standpoint, Tommy's basslines are either very simple and/or non-existant. Even when i turned up the bass on the songs off Chinese Democracy using the multitracks, the basslines were not all that impressive. Sure he has some moments(SOD, Catcher, etc) but if Duff wanted back in a couldn't care less about losing Tommy. His attitude(the "get on board or fuck off" line) made me dislike him, given that he is a yes man and on a gag order(thats REALLLL rock n roll right there(sarcasm)).

But back to reality, Duff re-joining Guns won't happen anytime soon(in my opinion), and im still waiting for the rest of the songs from the Bucket/Brain/Robin sessions.

If Duff wanted to come back to GnR, I would not miss Tommy 1 bit!! What has Tommy done, help create C.D. and the General of the band, Give me a breat Duff brings a hell of allot more the Tommy to the table!!

Before Tommy joined GnR he was not a big fan , Duff is a Big Part of why GnR is what it is...

Please come back Duff and sorry Tommy you can go play with whats your other bands name.

i loled

Now-ish Axl will never replace Tommy, he has been through the good & bad times with Axl for 12 years without Tommy we wouldt have seen Chinese Democracy, i dont think anyone from the current line-up would/will get replaced, this is GNR, if Duff/former ex-members wants to share the stage with Axl again it would only be in guest-appereances or a reunion world tour.

Tommy is great. He gives the fans so much at the live shows. He's fucking great. If you want to know what he's done? he's put up with all the shit for years, taken a tremendous amount of heat from ill-mannered idiots just so we can enjoy the music we all love. He has supported our favourite lead singer into producing new material as well as help him tour. Quite frankly the way people treat others on this place is fucking disgusting. Just because the guy is a rock star, people think it's ok to be rude, selfish and ill-mannered. Tommy has done a fucking lot for us fans and sometimes people forget just how repugnant and selfish us fans are.

Duff isn't coming back any time soon. Doing a one off spur of the moment thing is very different to joining full time. I think after this one off thing people are jumping the gun. For one Duff has commitments with Velvet Revolver anyway and also if he did rejoin Guns he probably wouldn't be as in control as he has in VR.

Tommy has done great things for this band and it would be a shame to see him go just for the sake of having another classic lineup member in it. I also doubt the public would care that much, the public want a certain guitarist to rejoin this band and I don't think they really care about anyone else which seems a bit stupid. Whatever anyone says I think Tommy is a great asset to the band. He's been through a lot of tough times in this band but stayed I doubt other people would have done the same.

Edited by LesPaul_Player_91

I guess Axl would be happy with Duff in line-up. Duff is friends with bumble and I gues it would have worked great. But guys.. Tommy has done so fucking much for Axl and this band in past 13 years. I don't see Axl ever getting rid off him. It would have to be Tommys idea to be replaced, otherwise it won't happen. I believe duff could have also thought about it this way.

If Duff wanted to come back to GnR, I would not miss Tommy 1 bit!!

Duff is a Big Part of why GnR is what it is...

Please come back Duff.

+ 1

I want Slash, Izzy, and Steve to come back too.

lol Steve. I can't take anyone serious when they say that. The guy is a punchline. I don't want him anywhere near guns n' roses.

I just watched Steven play with his band this past week at a local club. The guy didn't miss a beat and he looked healthier than I have seen him in years. So yeah, you're basically uneducated and talking out of your ass ...

as usual...

I don't care about his drumming. As a human being he's a joke, and a fuck up. And I repeat, " I don't want him anywhere near guns n' roses.''

If you're going with that logic, Axl has been laughed at for years...

Bicycle shorts and Armani jackets... fur coats, throwing furniture at Stephanie Seymour, swimming with dolphins, 15 year album wait... that's just the well known public stuff...

If anyone is a joke and doesn't understand GNR, it's you. At least Steve was/is a hardcore druggie which is more Rock n Roll than getting into diva-mode and intentionally missing a concert while watching a basketball game in your hotel room.

Hopefully, the drummer duties would be shared with Matt and Steve...

Edited by zepsun

Please come back Duff.

+ 1

lol Steve. I can't take anyone serious when they say that. The guy is a punchline. I don't want him anywhere near guns n' roses.

I just watched Steven play with his band this past week at a local club. The guy didn't miss a beat and he looked healthier than I have seen him in years. So yeah, you're basically uneducated and talking out of your ass ...

as usual...

I don't care about his drumming. As a human being he's a joke, and a fuck up. And I repeat, " I don't want him anywhere near guns n' roses.''

Bicycle shorts and Armani jackets... fur coats, throwing furniture at Stephanie Seymour, swimming with dolphins, 15 year album wait... that's just the well known public stuff...

If anyone is a joke and doesn't understand GNR, it's you. At least Steve was/is a hardcore druggie which is more Rock n Roll than getting into diva-mode and intentionally missing a concert while watching a basketball game in your hotel room.

This right here is example of why I don't understand Slashite logic.

They hate Axl vehemently....Yet want him to reunite with Slash?

Please come back Duff.

+ 1

as usual...

This right here is example of why I don't understand Slashite logic.

They hate Axl vehemently....Yet want him to reunite with Slash?

I have loved GNR since I was in grade 5 and first heard Appetite when it was released... I know every note of Axl's as I know every note of Slash's.. I don't really think I'm a Slashite... nor an Axilte... I just think the Appetite/UYI lineup was magical and nothing has come close sense...

I never cared what Axl wore, or about his behaviour... I'm just saying these were common general public comments...

Let's not drop Tommy "The General" Stinson just yet. This man has been there since the mid 90's and is a fucking soldier not to mention an amazing bassist. Besides, Duff has that "other band" to deal with.

PS: Fuck Steven

Edited by iftheworld

It's a bit hasty to wish Duff back, who's to say the same things that drove him away last time won't drive him away again in a year or less?

Finally, the whole problem with reunion talk or even former members returning on their own is that one of the main issues has not changed one bit

These are the 2 best comments of this entire thread.

If Duff wanted to come back to GnR, I would not miss Tommy 1 bit!! What has Tommy done, help create C.D. and the General of the band, Give me a breat Duff brings a hell of allot more the Tommy to the table!!

Before Tommy joined GnR he was not a big fan , Duff is a Big Part of why GnR is what it is...

Please come back Duff and sorry Tommy you can go play with whats your other bands name.

I think Duff comes as a package deal with that uh, other guy from GNR. I'd have to believe he'd feel some sense of betrayal by joining Axl without Slash since we know that Duff and Slash are very close. It still saddens me that to this day, that there's still one guy who's holding out for whatever reason. And I agree with you, I couldn't care less how well these guys cover the GNR/Axl songs, the full-on reunion is what we're waiting for.

I think Duff comes as a package deal with that uh, other guy from GNR. I'd have to believe he'd feel some sense of betrayal by joining Axl without Slash since we know that Duff and Slash are very close. It still saddens me that to this day, that there's still one guy who's holding out for whatever reason. And I agree with you, I couldn't care less how well these guys cover the GNR/Axl songs, the full-on reunion is what we're waiting for.

no, this is the best post of the thread...

Tommy is great. He gives the fans so much at the live shows. He's fucking great. If you want to know what he's done? he's put up with all the shit for years, taken a tremendous amount of heat from ill-mannered idiots just so we can enjoy the music we all love. He has supported our favourite lead singer into producing new material as well as help him tour. Quite frankly the way people treat others on this place is fucking disgusting. Just because the guy is a rock star, people think it's ok to be rude, selfish and ill-mannered. Tommy has done a fucking lot for us fans and sometimes people forget just how repugnant and selfish us fans are.

Tommy has supported our favorite singer in producing material?? Surely thats not his JOB now is it? I mean, he isn't doing it for free.

Gives so much to the fans at live shows? He just stands there and plays. He doesn't go above and beyond at all. Ron and Ashba give more.

Also what you think is "rude, selfish and ill-mannered" is just people on a public forum giving OPINIONS. Just because some peeps here don't like your precious Tommy doesn't mean we are being rude. Go to HTGTH if you don't like hearing anything negative about the band.