Who Else Thinks...

Nick85

Let me start by saying that I'd love to see the original band reunite, and Duff's rekindling his friendship with Axl is a HUGE step towards getting Axl in the same room as Slash.

However, this quote from Slash from the Eddie Trunk interview really bothered me "And so then the next one was that he was gonna be going on stage or something. And so he went and they did, like, I think it was five or six songs. So it was cool. And then the next day he told me it was great, everything was very cool, they went out and had dinner, and so they had that sort of, whatever, rekindling kind of thing. All things considered, the only thing I said about it was that... 'cause I know that they still ended up going on an hour late. And I was, like, 'Oooh.' That's the only part that would have left a bad taste in my mouth, supporting that."

I can totally see Axl reading that and thinking "Well, you wont ever have to worry about supporting that again if that's how you feel."

I think that, by now, it's part of who GNR and Axl is to go on an hour or however long late. Hell, they didn't go til almost 11:30 at the Toronto show I went to in January and my buddy and I didn't even bat an eye since that's what we were expecting. The fans still went ape shit when GNR came out, and I'm POSITIVE no one would bat an eye at having to wait for the original lineup.

All I'm saying is, Slash is going to have to meet Axl half way if we're ever going to see a reunion. If this is his biggest hangup...Well, I think he should get over it.

What do you think?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. Even if he's out of the band for 50 years, Slash will always be seen (and rightfully so) as the true lead guitarist for Guns N Roses. He can say whatever he wants,whenever he wants about GNR. Bumble and Dj could be in the band 25 years and nobody will ever capture the magic that Axl and Slah had. It's obvious that Slash feels one way about the lateness and Axl feels another way. If Axl keeps going this way, he wil be playing to 6,000 people or so per night in the US in cities that aren't NY or LA. GNR still sell out big venues overseas so I guess Axl is cool with being a mid level concert draw in the US and huge in other parts of the world

Edited by AxlSlashedIzzy

Slash has been more than willing to meet half way

and gotten nothing in return except to be called a deadly disease

hes taken the blame for many things that went down, has apologized, and repeatedly hails Axl as a great songwriter and frontman

the late starts bother him, its always bothered him

it costs the band money, its inconsiderate for the fans

he doesnt want to budge on that point and he shouldnt have to

because hes absolutely right

I never got what the problem is? And why does it bother Slash so much? Come on, out of all the things about working with Axl that can bug you, this? THIS????

I think he's using this argument because he knows it's probably the most important argument the public has against Axl. Slash knows the late starts continue to be unpopular so he just rubs it in.

I never got what the problem is? And why does it bother Slash so much? Come on, out of all the things about working with Axl that can bug you, this? THIS????

I think he's using this argument because he knows it's probably the most important argument the public has against Axl. Slash knows the late starts continue to be unpopular so he just rubs it in.

So you think that if public's most important argument against Axl was... anything, like too many solos, Slash would say that there are too many solos and it bothers him?

Del James:Slash has said that the sessions they did with Izzy before Velvet Revolver were the best Guns album ever. What do you think of that?

Axl: Politics.

Edited by ManetsBR

Slash has been more than willing to meet half way

and gotten nothing in return except to be called a deadly disease

hes taken the blame for many things that went down, has apologized, and repeatedly hails Axl as a great songwriter and frontman

the late starts bother him, its always bothered him

it costs the band money, its inconsiderate for the fans

he doesnt want to budge on that point and he shouldnt have to

because hes absolutely right

It'a called spin, Slash is a master media manipulator.

He's only recently started to take blame and praise Axl, are you forgetting the near decade where he blamed Axl for everything? It's all calculated, Slash is a money grubbing whore who wants a reunion (for the $$$$$), of course he's moderating his views publicly.

Or Slash cares about his fans and knows that the ones who aren't teenagers have lives and jobs and he wants them to enjoy a show without worrying about late starts/cancellations or riots. *Cue GNR fan going on about OMFG THE MOST DANGEROUS BAND IN TEH WORLD!!1111"*

Edited by AxlSlashedIzzy

So you think that if public's most importang argument against Axl was... anything, like too many solos, Slash would say that there are too many solos and it bothers him?

Well, yeah.

He just doesn't seem sincere in this to me. IMO it's an just an artificial argument for Slash to say "I don't accept this and that, Axl would have to agree to my terms regarding that".

I don't believe Slash would care about the late starts one bit if Axl even hinted at a possible reunion, it's just talk.

So you think that if public's most importang argument against Axl was... anything, like too many solos, Slash would say that there are too many solos and it bothers him?

Well, yeah.

He just doesn't seem sincere in this to me. IMO it's an just an artificial argument for Slash to say "I don't accept this and that, Axl would have to agree to my terms regarding that".

I don't believe Slash would care about the late starts one bit if Axl even hinted at a possible reunion, it's just talk.

Well, I think he cares about the late starts, but if Axl came and said "Slash, we can do a reunion tour, but we're going to start 2 hours late every concert" Slash wouldn't mind at all.

Well, yeah.

Well, I think he cares about the late starts, but if Axl came and said "Slash, we can do a reunion tour, but we're going to start 2 hours late every concert" Slash wouldn't mind at all.

Cool, so I guess we agree if money was involved it wouldn't leave a bad taste in his mouth after all.

I just wish Slash would go away completely. :/

Lol, then what you doing here if you dont respect the original GNR? Just leave and close door you dumb ignorant.

Why can't people understand that you can like the Slash of 20 years ago, but not the Slash of today?

Lol, then what you doing here if you dont respect the original GNR? Just leave and close door you dumb ignorant.

Why can't people understand that you can like the Slash of 20 years ago, but not the Slash of today?

Exactly.

oh and...

u-mad1.jpg

No, you need to shut the fuck up.

He has the right to say that, and he is simply 100% right about that point. Why being such a dick and letting not only thousands of people wait on you but also the other bandmembers?

EVERY old member have complaint about the late starts.

Edited by saulhudson88

As much as a lot of fans may want it I cannot see a reunion happening or indeed working. They have all moved on musically, grown older and are different people to the young punks that started Guns n' Roses. We should embrace the glorious music they created together but I doubt if they could do the same now. I am a different person to the one I was in my twenties, your views and tastes change as you grow older. We were lucky to have them, but they aren't the same people now.

On the coming on late front. I know it can be annoying but perhaps Axl sees the gig as a night out and as we all know if you go out for the night to a party or clubbing you wont be going home at 11pm, christ some of the best parties I've been to are just warming up then. :D As fans of the band we know Axl wont take to the stage until he is ready and in the mindset to give an awesome performance and I have to say that is what he gives. You can't force him on as it wouldn't be the same. If I had to chose between seeing GnR and the gig finishing at 1am or after or seeing Cliff Richard and being home with my Ovaltine at 11pm I know which one I would choose. Let's party, we are a long time dead! rock3

We all must LOVE the original GNR? Like everyone loves current GNR.

But atleast you can show some respect and don't spit on them. Cause there simply the reason why this board exist.? If Slash and co weren't in GN'R, you would have never heard of GN'R let alone Axl Rose.

Edited by saulhudson88

We all must LOVE the original GNR? Like everyone loves current GNR.

But atleast you can show some respect and don't spit on them. Cause there simply the reason why this board exist.? If Slash and co weren't in GN'R, you would have never heard of GN'R let alone Axl Rose.

Oh don't be such a hypocrite. The current band haters can bash anything how much they want to, but we can't DARE to say anything about Slash and co.

Look, I'm a big fan of Slash, but I'm gonna criticise him when I feel like, just like I do with anyone else. That's not because of his past and his good work on Guns N' Roses that we can't say anything.