Do you think Axl and Duff was planned

fergus

Axl mentioned doing something with Duff, Accident I think not!!

Alx Duff planned this I bet and Duff will get back to Slash and Sorum

Axl will call Izzy

The rest of the story is stadiums sold out ....

Then a Record that will equal AFD.

I would think they all got shit up their sleeve for a reunion, they must all these years keeping it in the safe. So it will Sell And Sound like GnR

Of course it wasn't planned. Why would Duff then, write this?

"Two weeks ago, I flew off to London for a week's worth of non-music-related business. Mere hours after landing at Heathrow I found myself onstage with a friend that I have been to hell and back with, and lived to tell the tale. Axl and I just happened to be in hotel rooms next to each other. Unexpected? Oh, fuck yes."

Now, I heard some veeeeeeeeeerryy interesting things at the weekend. A friend of mine works for GNR - I can't say any more than that - and was on the tour. Well I saw him on Saturday, and told him how much fun I had at Birmingham etc, and he said sorry for not meeting up then, but he's got me some cool stuff from the tour (Ashba guitar picks etc). Anyway, so I ask him for all of the dirt and any interesting stories.

Apparently...

Frank was fired after the first night of the tour, then reinstated the next day. (My friend also says that he's a really nice guy, same goes for DJ).

Axl (or 'The Ginger One' as all the crew refer to him) absolutely hates the band and doesn't care for them.

Axl is competely broke and is going to have to sell his house, and this tour was a way of making back money lost on the last one - at this point I asked him if they were actually making any money after all of the late fees and he just rolled his eyes.

Axl also 'fired' 5 guys on the production crew after some sort of mishap, but they were then immediately reinstated as only the Production Manager can make that decision.

Now here is where it gets really interesting...

Duff appearing at the O2 was in fact planned, and basically a way of testing the water for a reunion, or at least for getting Slash and Duff back in the band. I mentioned how I'd seen Izzy play with them at Download, but apparently when Izzy came off stage he said "This'll never fucking work" or words to that effect.

The 'public' perception, or the stories that are all in the media about the Slash/Axl rift, are apparently 'murky' at best. Apparently the main problem wasn't actually between Axl and Slash, but between Axl and SLASH'S WIFE. My friend said that when the news broke about Slash and Perla getting divorced, all of the crew were dancing around like they'd won the lottery, as that pretty much opened the door for a possible return to GNR by Slash = megabucks tour, and lots of work for them.

Oh, and the amount of money on the table for a reunion is staggering.... HALF A BILLION apparently.

So, take from that what you will. I've known this source for many many years, and is a good family friend, although I obviously can't vouch for where he gets all of his info from. So I believe that he is telling me the truth in terms of what he has seen/heard, but whether or not his sources are 100% reliable is not to my knowledge.

Whether or not any of this comes about is anyone's guess, but I thought I'd share this with everyone.

i wonder if andy-robertson even believe that shit himself

Well if you read the last part of my post again, I said that I highly doubt that my friend is knowingly lying to me (he's not like that), but I did question the validity of HIS sources. He was just passing on the things he's heard from people much more knowledgable than any of us on these matters. A lot of the guys on the crew have been with GNR for many years (ie, during the UYI tours etc), and whilst it may look on the face of it that there is every chance of a reunion, he did say afterwards that "it all depends on the Ginger One, and I personally can't see it happening".

So like I say, I believe that my friend DID hear/see all of the things that I mentioned above, it just remains to be seen if HIS sources/friends are accurate. Either way, I thought it was an interesting perspective from an 'insider' of sorts, and something that people on here might want to hear about.

I don't want to come on here and get called a bull$h1tter, hence why I was quite clear on using words/phrases like 'apparently', and 'from what HE's heard' and 'I trust him, but don't know HIS sources'. Whilst I haven't got 10,000 posts like some people, I have been on these forums fo a good 8 years now, and those that can be arsed to look through my previous posts will see that in general (apart from the odd drunken outburst every now and then!), I'm a pretty level headed guy, and above all, a FAN of the band. I don't go around spreading rumours, I'm just passing on what I heard.

Personally, I'm undecided. As much as I'd love to see an Axl/Slash reunion (was too young first time around), I'd still be perferctly happy with the current band touring and releasing material, and seeing Slash/VR on their own.

It's a nice idea, but I doubt it would ever happen. Doesn't mean that what my friend told me is untrue.

rock3

Well if you read the last part of my post again, I said that I highly doubt that my friend is knowingly lying to me (he's not like that), but I did question the validity of HIS sources. He was just passing on the things he's heard from people much more knowledgable than any of us on these matters. A lot of the guys on the crew have been with GNR for many years (ie, during the UYI tours etc), and whilst it may look on the face of it that there is every chance of a reunion, he did say afterwards that "it all depends on the Ginger One, and I personally can't see it happening".

So like I say, I believe that my friend DID hear/see all of the things that I mentioned above, it just remains to be seen if HIS sources/friends are accurate. Either way, I thought it was an interesting perspective from an 'insider' of sorts, and something that people on here might want to hear about.

I don't want to come on here and get called a bull$h1tter, hence why I was quite clear on using words/phrases like 'apparently', and 'from what HE's heard' and 'I trust him, but don't know HIS sources'. Whilst I haven't got 10,000 posts like some people, I have been on these forums fo a good 8 years now, and those that can be arsed to look through my previous posts will see that in general (apart from the odd drunken outburst every now and then!), I'm a pretty level headed guy, and above all, a FAN of the band. I don't go around spreading rumours, I'm just passing on what I heard.

Personally, I'm undecided. As much as I'd love to see an Axl/Slash reunion (was too young first time around), I'd still be perferctly happy with the current band touring and releasing material, and seeing Slash/VR on their own.

It's a nice idea, but I doubt it would ever happen. Doesn't mean that what my friend told me is untrue.

rock3

True enough that even people on tour with GnR have to go by the rumour mill. From other accounts, Axl does keep to himself, travels separately most of the time. Probably doesn't share a lot of info.

I find it interesting to read what people closer to the inside are hearing. The Perla angle is interesting and I hadn't heard that before.

Edited by Orsys

Whilst I haven't got 10,000 posts like some people, I have been on these forums fo a good 8 years now, and those that can be arsed to look through my previous posts will see that in general (apart from the odd drunken outburst every now and then!), I'm a pretty level headed guy, and above all, a FAN of the band. I don't go around spreading rumours, I'm just passing on what I heard.

rock3

See, I don't want to shit on you, because of what I quoted, but to me all this seems highly unlikely. Posting that kind of stuff is not a good thing to, especially that Axl hates the band. Looking at their interaction on stage, reading what the guys say about the life backstage and inbetween gigs, it just doesn't add up. Maybe Axl had some outbursts where he claimed he hates them or whatever, as he isn't really known to be a levelheaded guy, but after all this story by your friend just doesn't make sense to me.

Still this is not a dig at you, man.

Some things are plausible, but a few gaping holes.

So he's doing it for the money, he's broke, and he hates the band.

Then why not play with the other band you hate and make a half billion?

Yeah, you make a very good point. But maybe it's an ego thing? I suppose it's a bit of a stand-off situation, and if Axl were to concede if you will, it'd be a big knock to the man's ego, and we all know he's not one to back down or be coerced into doing something not to his liking. I don't know, that's purely conjecture on my part.

Re: the half billion - my friend just said that that's what he heard is on the table for a reunion. I don't know if that's the projected net takings from a tour/album package, or if that's the band fee for reuniting - either way I don't think he meant that that is how much Axl would make personally. So realisitically it would still be somewhere in the region on $100,000,000+/- for each band member... Again, I don't really know how these things work when a band is offered a figure for a tour or a record deal, I'd imagine there are a fair few people that will have to be paid along the way. But still, a large sum of money indeed.

Whilst I haven't got 10,000 posts like some people, I have been on these forums fo a good 8 years now, and those that can be arsed to look through my previous posts will see that in general (apart from the odd drunken outburst every now and then!), I'm a pretty level headed guy, and above all, a FAN of the band. I don't go around spreading rumours, I'm just passing on what I heard.

rock3

See, I don't want to shit on you, because of what I quoted, but to me all this seems highly unlikely. Posting that kind of stuff is not a good thing to, especially that Axl hates the band. Looking at their interaction on stage, reading what the guys say about the life backstage and inbetween gigs, it just doesn't add up. Maybe Axl had some outbursts where he claimed he hates them or whatever, as he isn't really known to be a levelheaded guy, but after all this story by your friend just doesn't make sense to me.

Still this is not a dig at you, man.

Spoon, my bit about '10,000 posts' wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, I was just making the point about myself being someone who generally only posts when I think I have something relevant and thoughtful to say.

I don't see why I shouldn't post these things, as they have come from, in my mind, a credible source (althought I admit, he is a second hand source), and let's be honest, it's more interesting and relevant than the moustache thread!

And no worries pal, I'm not taking any of this personally, I was rather shocked myself when he told me those things on Saturday night. And besides, I could never get angry with a man who has an Eddie Vedder avatar! B)

rock3

True enough that even people on tour with GnR have to go by the rumour mill. From other accounts, Axl does keep to himself, travels separately most of the time. Probably doesn't share a lot of info.

I find it interesting to read what people closer to the inside are hearing. The Perla angle is interesting and I hadn't heard that before.

I don't know if it's true, but wasn't she also the problem with VR? That she managed them at one point and the other band members weren't really happy about it?

I don't know if it's true, but wasn't she also the problem with VR? That she managed them at one point and the other band members weren't really happy about it?

Yes, I remember reading something about everything being fine until the wives got involved. Didn't Perla have some role in managing Slash?

I find it wierd how Duff suposely ended up in the hotel room next to Axl's by chance...I mean normally in hotels you dont get next next to superstars by chance most of the time the entire floor or a section of it is reserved, especially concerning their past, the hotel manager wont risk putting them next to each other and see what happens.

Btw interesting story Andy, who knows. But in bands like GNR where the musicians are under contract, even if the inside enviroment is a total mess, its their duty to keep a good outside look of the band, aka smile for the cameras.

Now, I heard some veeeeeeeeeerryy interesting things at the weekend. A friend of mine works for GNR - I can't say any more than that - and was on the tour. Well I saw him on Saturday, and told him how much fun I had at Birmingham etc, and he said sorry for not meeting up then, but he's got me some cool stuff from the tour (Ashba guitar picks etc). Anyway, so I ask him for all of the dirt and any interesting stories.

Apparently...

Frank was fired after the first night of the tour, then reinstated the next day. (My friend also says that he's a really nice guy, same goes for DJ).

Axl (or 'The Ginger One' as all the crew refer to him) absolutely hates the band and doesn't care for them.

Axl is competely broke and is going to have to sell his house, and this tour was a way of making back money lost on the last one - at this point I asked him if they were actually making any money after all of the late fees and he just rolled his eyes.

Axl also 'fired' 5 guys on the production crew after some sort of mishap, but they were then immediately reinstated as only the Production Manager can make that decision.

Now here is where it gets really interesting...

Duff appearing at the O2 was in fact planned, and basically a way of testing the water for a reunion, or at least for getting Slash and Duff back in the band. I mentioned how I'd seen Izzy play with them at Download, but apparently when Izzy came off stage he said "This'll never fucking work" or words to that effect.

The 'public' perception, or the stories that are all in the media about the Slash/Axl rift, are apparently 'murky' at best. Apparently the main problem wasn't actually between Axl and Slash, but between Axl and SLASH'S WIFE. My friend said that when the news broke about Slash and Perla getting divorced, all of the crew were dancing around like they'd won the lottery, as that pretty much opened the door for a possible return to GNR by Slash = megabucks tour, and lots of work for them.

Oh, and the amount of money on the table for a reunion is staggering.... HALF A BILLION apparently.

So, take from that what you will. I've known this source for many many years, and is a good family friend, although I obviously can't vouch for where he gets all of his info from. So I believe that he is telling me the truth in terms of what he has seen/heard, but whether or not his sources are 100% reliable is not to my knowledge.

Whether or not any of this comes about is anyone's guess, but I thought I'd share this with everyone.

Thanks for that.

Some of those are old info (not dissing you, just your source!). Axl being broke goes back to Merck's letter (though what that meant was never confirmed then- maybe GNR the

company was broke, but Axl wasn't? Axl from many accounts is quite wealthy (though this may be more rumours)

Axl seems to really hate Slash, irrespective of Slash's wife.

I doubt Axl dislikes the band, though he might like more than others- there's evidence he went shopping with DJ a few times.

I was at the o2 the night duff was there and i can assure you the "vibe" I picked up was a spontaneous one.

Also when Axl was talking onstage about how it came about, "And I hear all this noise, so I walk out to see who it is..O its Duff" and he rolls his eyes and smiles like a smug child lol

It was great to see, I entirely believe Axl and Duffs` stories, that match up

The reality is that all of the "classic" band would have considered a reunion, but Axl deems it more efficiant to continue working this way, and lets face it is a Hell of a lot more contemporary than what most 80`s acts are doing.

Axl prefers to have less hastle and leave the 80`s in the 80`s . Someone like Stephen Adler thinks the opposite

Either way I like the NewGNR and they do a good job, if Axl did get back with the "old guys", what would happen to the new band? Ill tell you-

they would be fired/Asked to Leave

feeling like Axls less important child playing second fiddle to the "classic" band members

We would loose (perhaps) chinese democracy songs being played live

and the classic lineup may implode for the 2nd time

Besides Axl OWNS the rights to Guns N roses- they would effectively be working for him allongside working with him. Thats just fact. Things change from 1988

Lets just enjoy what we have eh?

Edited by yes i love you

None of us know his financial status and really, who cares, he's in a position to still play (and make) music, that's what I care about.

I don't believe he dislikes the new guys. They are hired guns, if he didn't like them he could replace them and they seem to have a great time together. Again, who knows what's gone on behind closed doors but I just don't think this is likely.

Frank being fired.....well, people being fired and re-hired seems to be a trend on the rumor mill but again, who knows.

I have no trouble believing that Pearla was an issue with VR or that Slash's wife was an issue with Guns for that matter. Still just speculation but...believable.

Who knows really. I guess if Axl sells his house and reunites with the old band we will know this gossip was right on but I wouldn't hold my breath. Just be happy they are active in touring, looks like North American dates are on the way and talks of new recording have happened. That's a lot of good news.

Edited by mcalldp