Do you think Axl and Duff was planned

fergus

None of us know his financial status and really, who cares, he's in a position to still play (and make) music, that's what I care about.

I don't believe he dislikes the new guys. They are hired guns, if he didn't like them he could replace them and they seem to have a great time together. Again, who knows what's gone on behind closed doors but I just don't think this is likely.

Frank being fired.....well, people being fired and re-hired seems to be a trend on the rumor mill but again, who knows.

I have no trouble believing that Pearla was an issue with VR or that Slash's wife was an issue with Guns for that matter. Still just speculation but...believable.

Who knows really. I guess if Axl sells his house and reunites with the old band we will know this gossip was right on but I wouldn't hold my breath. Just be happy they are active in touring, looks like North American dates are on the way and talks of new recording have happened. That's a lot of good news.

I understand what you mean, a lot of it doesn't add up to what we've seen on stage, DJ's recent comments about a new album etc, but I'm literally the messenger, and I'm passing on what my friend who has been involved with GNR recently told me.

To be honest, I was just as interested to hear what everyone on here thought of what I'd heard, and if any of that matched up with any other 'inside' info that people may have. I think I've been pretty open about the whole situation, stating that whilst I trust my source, I don't know how valid the information he's been fed is. I also understand that, like a lot of people have said, the rumour-mill probably spins round a lot faster amongst the touring crew, as they'll be privvy to a lot more incidents and snippets of information than we are, but they can easily be taken out of context and/or misinterpreted and then the whole thing snow-balls.

Either way, I thought I'd share my findings with all of you, and I guess I also wanted everyone's opinion on it as truthfully, I wasn't sure what to make of it myself.

Anyway, thanks for not completely flaming me!

To be fair, Axl did try and fire half the production or sound team during this tour, I can not remember the details because it sounded a regular occurrence to my ears but one of my lecturers works with them on that side of things and another was using it as an example in a discussion.

Edited by JAC185

True enough that even people on tour with GnR have to go by the rumour mill. From other accounts, Axl does keep to himself, travels separately most of the time. Probably doesn't share a lot of info.

I find it interesting to read what people closer to the inside are hearing. The Perla angle is interesting and I hadn't heard that before.

I don't know if it's true, but wasn't she also the problem with VR? That she managed them at one point and the other band members weren't really happy about it?

Yes, I remember reading something about everything being fine until the wives got involved. Didn't Perla have some role in managing Slash?

Yeah, I believe Scott said that. And yeah, I think she did.

What benefit would be there to them faking anything? Makes no sense.

It would take what could be a tricky situation for Duff, rejoing Axl but without Slash, and perhaps make it more tolerable for Slash, ie wouldn't piss him off. But I think it's a huge stretch and I don't think it was planned.

Now, I heard some veeeeeeeeeerryy interesting things at the weekend. A friend of mine works for GNR - I can't say any more than that - and was on the tour. Well I saw him on Saturday, and told him how much fun I had at Birmingham etc, and he said sorry for not meeting up then, but he's got me some cool stuff from the tour (Ashba guitar picks etc). Anyway, so I ask him for all of the dirt and any interesting stories.

Apparently...

Frank was fired after the first night of the tour, then reinstated the next day. (My friend also says that he's a really nice guy, same goes for DJ).

Axl (or 'The Ginger One' as all the crew refer to him) absolutely hates the band and doesn't care for them.

Axl is competely broke and is going to have to sell his house, and this tour was a way of making back money lost on the last one - at this point I asked him if they were actually making any money after all of the late fees and he just rolled his eyes.

Axl also 'fired' 5 guys on the production crew after some sort of mishap, but they were then immediately reinstated as only the Production Manager can make that decision.

Now here is where it gets really interesting...

Duff appearing at the O2 was in fact planned, and basically a way of testing the water for a reunion, or at least for getting Slash and Duff back in the band. I mentioned how I'd seen Izzy play with them at Download, but apparently when Izzy came off stage he said "This'll never fucking work" or words to that effect.

The 'public' perception, or the stories that are all in the media about the Slash/Axl rift, are apparently 'murky' at best. Apparently the main problem wasn't actually between Axl and Slash, but between Axl and SLASH'S WIFE. My friend said that when the news broke about Slash and Perla getting divorced, all of the crew were dancing around like they'd won the lottery, as that pretty much opened the door for a possible return to GNR by Slash = megabucks tour, and lots of work for them.

Oh, and the amount of money on the table for a reunion is staggering.... HALF A BILLION apparently.

So, take from that what you will. I've known this source for many many years, and is a good family friend, although I obviously can't vouch for where he gets all of his info from. So I believe that he is telling me the truth in terms of what he has seen/heard, but whether or not his sources are 100% reliable is not to my knowledge.

Whether or not any of this comes about is anyone's guess, but I thought I'd share this with everyone.

This would be great, but it's kinda hard to believe :rolleyes: ...and I think the Axl/Duff performance weren't planned. Duff said he couldn't even remember, how to play YCBM :rolleyes:

Axl mentioned doing something with Duff, Accident I think not!!

Alx Duff planned this I bet and Duff will get back to Slash and Sorum

Axl will call Izzy

The rest of the story is stadiums sold out ....

Then a Record that will equal AFD.

I would think they all got shit up their sleeve for a reunion, they must all these years keeping it in the safe. So it will Sell And Sound like GnR

GODDAMN THIS SHIT.

It's. Not. This. Easy.

It.

Will.

NEVER.

Happen.

Get over it.

Axl mentioned doing something with Duff, Accident I think not!!

Alx Duff planned this I bet and Duff will get back to Slash and Sorum

Axl will call Izzy

The rest of the story is stadiums sold out ....

Then a Record that will equal AFD.

I would think they all got shit up their sleeve for a reunion, they must all these years keeping it in the safe. So it will Sell And Sound like GnR

GODDAMN THIS SHIT.

It's. Not. This. Easy.

It.

Will.

NEVER.

Happen.

Get over it.

never say never, it could.

It will always be the elephant in the room, as long as the original members are alive. There's no avoiding it.

It all stems from the world's enormous desire to see that incarnation again. I can't think of another divorced band out there that still has such public demand. Zeppelin, and thats a maybe.

Question to everyone here- didn't Perla post something sarcastic on her twitter account directed at Axl a year ago?

Could she have been involved during the 2000 New Years Show in Las Vegas where the papers reported that Slash appeared at the gig? I don't know when they were married?

As far as hotel stuff is concerned and Duff being placed next door to Axl on accident, it is likely that a hotel would put them next to each other only because often times, the largest suites are grouped together on the upper floors of a hotel. It is possible that the hotel manager could have made that mistake - afterall how many people do all of you know that think that there may still be some original band members touring with Axl? However, I do think the meeting between Duff and Axl was planned but I'm not sure that Duff intended on appearing on stage. I imagine that they had a meeting/ dinner and things went well, possibly discussing mega-tour across the United States next Summer (wishful thinking), and then Duff felt comfortable appearing on-stage.

Although I hope for a reunion - what fan that's loved this band as long as I have would not want to see it? I don't expect it and am perfectly fine with Axl touring with the current lineup that I've paid a great deal of $$$ to see time and time again since 2006. I do want my old username back though becasue I'm sick of posting as Eddie fucking Money!!!

It all stems from the world's enormous desire to see that incarnation again. I can't think of another divorced band out there that still has such public demand. Zeppelin, and thats a maybe.

maybe? that's a much more so.

That dream died with John. No disrespect to Jason.

Word.

Question to everyone here- didn't Perla post something sarcastic on her twitter account directed at Axl a year ago?

Could she have been involved during the 2000 New Years Show in Las Vegas where the papers reported that Slash appeared at the gig? I don't know when they were married?

I believe it was Renee Surin who Axl said something about, not Perla. Not even sure Perla was around when Slash was in GNR, was she?

Edited by zepsun

I don't think she ever said anything really bad. As I recall she has said something like "we're coming to get you Axl" but what does that mean? And she commented on how Slash's album "and it didn't even take 13 years". But she followed up saying something like it had nothing to do with Axl and she has a lot of respect for him. Guess people bashed her for it. That's all I can remember. I can't imagine Slash would be too cool with her saying much against Axl.

I don't think she was in much control over Slash's career until after Slash left. I thought he was still married to Renee in '96. But I'm not sure. I think Slash has it right, Axl may feel abandoned once Slash decided to walk. And taht started the bad feelings.

Word.

nah, people would still take a reunited Slash Duff and Ax, and sacrifice them into a volcano just to see Page, Plant and Jones tour together again.

Some things are plausible, but a few gaping holes.So he's doing it for the money, he's broke, and he hates the band.Then why not play with the other band you hate and make a half billion?

It could be shame. Axl doesn't want to go back to his old band because he doesn't want to admit he was wrong.

• 1 month later...

Word.

nah, people would still take a reunited Slash Duff and Ax, and sacrifice them into a volcano just to see Page, Plant and Jones tour together again.

Slash Duff Axe (steve and Izzy) over Zep any day or even just Slash duff and Ax. I really like Led Zepplin but the AFD are the ultimate rock band imo.

Now, I heard some veeeeeeeeeerryy interesting things at the weekend. A friend of mine works for GNR - I can't say any more than that - and was on the tour. Well I saw him on Saturday, and told him how much fun I had at Birmingham etc, and he said sorry for not meeting up then, but he's got me some cool stuff from the tour (Ashba guitar picks etc). Anyway, so I ask him for all of the dirt and any interesting stories.

Apparently...

Frank was fired after the first night of the tour, then reinstated the next day. (My friend also says that he's a really nice guy, same goes for DJ).

Axl (or 'The Ginger One' as all the crew refer to him) absolutely hates the band and doesn't care for them.

Axl is competely broke and is going to have to sell his house, and this tour was a way of making back money lost on the last one - at this point I asked him if they were actually making any money after all of the late fees and he just rolled his eyes.

Axl also 'fired' 5 guys on the production crew after some sort of mishap, but they were then immediately reinstated as only the Production Manager can make that decision.

Now here is where it gets really interesting...

Duff appearing at the O2 was in fact planned, and basically a way of testing the water for a reunion, or at least for getting Slash and Duff back in the band. I mentioned how I'd seen Izzy play with them at Download, but apparently when Izzy came off stage he said "This'll never fucking work" or words to that effect.

The 'public' perception, or the stories that are all in the media about the Slash/Axl rift, are apparently 'murky' at best. Apparently the main problem wasn't actually between Axl and Slash, but between Axl and SLASH'S WIFE. My friend said that when the news broke about Slash and Perla getting divorced, all of the crew were dancing around like they'd won the lottery, as that pretty much opened the door for a possible return to GNR by Slash = megabucks tour, and lots of work for them.

Oh, and the amount of money on the table for a reunion is staggering.... HALF A BILLION apparently.

So, take from that what you will. I've known this source for many many years, and is a good family friend, although I obviously can't vouch for where he gets all of his info from. So I believe that he is telling me the truth in terms of what he has seen/heard, but whether or not his sources are 100% reliable is not to my knowledge.

Whether or not any of this comes about is anyone's guess, but I thought I'd share this with everyone.

This really is a crock of shit.

Axl hates his own band? The one that he hand-picked? Your friend is feeding you some shit!

Duff wasn't planned. Why would they both lie about it? He didn't lie about Izzy, he was invited out, no crazy "bumped into izzy" stories. There is no reason to lie, either way.