Good Promotional Ideas for New GNR

ITW 2012

I think that they should of course release CD II before a US tour. Here's what they should do though. They should set something up that allows people to download CD II when they buy a ticket for the tour. If they buy 4 tickets than they should get 4 codes for them and their friends/families/lover(s)/potential lover(s) to download the album. Then GNR can work the price of the album into the ticket. Plus, this will possibly get people who are going to the show strictly for the classics to check out the new band's music. They may even go back and buy CD.

Edited by ITW 2012

lol no offence man, but thats a pretty shit idea.

this is gnr fans we are talking about, they will find out the site that are providing the cd2 songs for stream/download, hack into the server ,download it, zip it, and upload it to 402 media sharing sites and pm it to 500 gnr members in 20.5 seconds.

this is gnr fans we are talking about, they will find out the site that are providing the cd2 songs for stream/download, hack into the server ,download it, zip it, and upload it to 402 media sharing sites and pm it to 500 gnr members in 20.5 seconds.

Lol, no offense man, but you're a fucking idiot.

I like that idea, ITW.

I'm not as crazy as to think that you can stop illegal downloading. The actual album would be out before the concert tickets went on sale. In essence, you're selling people an album to go along with their ticket. People may do nothing with the codes or they may download the album and check it out before they go to the show. It's just another potential way for Guns to sell albums and expose people to their music.

Edited by ITW 2012

Another band did this, they sold cd with tickets for shows. So they sold a ton of records. Maybe Crüe or Jovi, Springsteen...obviously I can't remember.

Smart business but does it devalue the record? It would be like toy you get in the bottom of a cereal packet. Album title idea Adult Toys.

Prince did something similar a few years ago where an album was included with every ticket purchased.

I saw Prince on the Musicology tour and he did something similar with the difference being that everyone was handed a CD when they walked in the building for the show.

I think that they should of course release CD II before a US tour. Here's what they should do though. They should set something up that allows people to download CD II when they buy a ticket for the tour. If they buy 4 tickets than they should get 4 codes for them and their friends/families/lover(s)/potential lover(s) to download the album. Then GNR can work the price of the album into the ticket. Plus, this will possibly get people who are going to the show strictly for the classics to check out the new band's music. They may even go back and buy CD.

While i admire your tenacity and effort, i feel that whatever we come up with(there has been some good ideas in the past) will ultimately fall on deaf ears. Look what happened with Chidem, there was godly potential promotion-wise for that album. The myth, the hype, the Dr Pepper thing, the silent lead up, all they needed was a big bang. But we got nothing. Maybe with this second effort(when it comes out), Axl will be willing to play ball. I don't think the record label is going to let this thing out without written and signed documents regarding Axl's part in the promotion, either that or they gain full ownership of the remaining catalog of music and Axl is released from his contact to the label.

Prince did something similar a few years ago where an album was included with every ticket purchased.

i think he also gave away 1 copy of his cd with every newspaper sold on one specific day...

--

i think, and have always thought, axl should do SNL. we all know he can really turn it up when he needs to. put on two great performances.

probably better > SOD

but i would really like to see ITW > TWAT

A free album download with a ticket purchase is becoming fairly common. Tom Petty is doing it on his current tour. It's just a value-added thing for the fan.

New music would be cool, but you can never expect that from this band.

i think he also gave away 1 copy of his cd with every newspaper sold on one specific day...

--

i think, and have always thought, axl should do SNL. we all know he can really turn it up when he needs to. put on two great performances.

probably better > SOD

SNL would be cool. Maybe have him in a few sketches as well :lol:

MEH.

I dont care about the general public and I hate to assume what Axl thinks but i dont he does not either!

CD was in stock in Best Buy and u either bought or did not. Simple.

Why dont I care what the general public thinks?? Is it because CD "did not sell well"? No. Look at what music is popular today for information.

You can agree it sucks or not, that is not the point. The point is CD does not fit into anything the general public looks for in music. For the most part.

--

probably better > SOD

he should have been the musical guest on scarlett J's episode.

--

probably better > SOD

he should have been the musical guest on scarlett J's episode.

King Of Pong