2002 vs. 2006 vs. 2010

Vincent Vega

I dont think anyone can seriously like the 2002 look. He looked at joke at the MTV VMA's. I'm sure those braids were to cover up any 'hair work' he was having at the time. Now he can go for a natural look as he's had whatever procedures done and grown it back

LA

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much a push between '06 and '10. I'd give the edge to today, because somehow he just looks and sounds RIGHT.

In '06 he was still great but visually and vocally he was quite different than in the past - it worked but it was somewhat jarring. Everything is just clicking now.

Really, if you haven't seen this band in 2010, make it happen. It's unreal.

axl_sportpaleis_antwerpen.JPG

Nobody looks back fondly on 2002, but admit it you all miss Brain and Bucket.

Robin too.

Hard to chose. I mean, the voice, certainly 2010, but the look. I don't know...

OgAAALTufG8pXSQ8q8fPe-WEV8wSixOu1wezPqFo309aRKB-_a3mkkOyAGsiwdakAItaP3LeIcOuyzxe-loG0Ex49lAAm1T1UFUKkwtCTfCOEEHAjWqHfNSy7RjK.jpg

l_9fde95fdba2c47418f329ba4324e4e02.jpg

OgAAAASrn37h7xRYa7Zf8Rninqq83VdV-NwwNQcFKwZ8gpmQ7AkydjaKjPEH7pJdAmxgxw_QV_0pFIWG_sdCMRDlwigAm1T1UANe7dcrX9IcuBmREfKSdoPhqll2.jpg

Equally awesome.

Yeah, but that's like, the only decent picture of Axl from 2002. With 2010 Axl, it's about 60% bad, 40% good, and with 2006 Axl they're mostly pretty good. 2006 wins for that reason.

For the voice it really depends on what he's singing.

Edited by bacardimayne

The 2002 picture above with Axl in leather pants and the jacket looks like it is from a lost concert from 1995. What show is that from? I think people hate the 2002 image because it reminds them of the 2002 voice. I mean, Axl's "classic" image is a grown man in skin tight running shorts and no shirt or a mesh shirt. That isn't any better than track pants and over sized jerseys. I think if his voice in 2002 was like it was in 2006 or is in 2010, the look itself wouldn't be as hated.

We should also compare Robin from 2002, 2006, and 2009.

Robin+Finck.jpg

Robin+Finck.jpg

sdc14668_2-1024x768.jpg

Edited by Stro

I always thought the guy with the butcher coat thing was bumblefoot......I have to read up on my GNR 2000 era ....

I wonder if there is a web site or book or something dedicated to GNR after 1994/1995....

Any ideas?

Finck looks odd...cant he just get a normal hair cut?

Edited by JesseGoudge

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

2006ish was the best only the braids are crap. So ideally modern day Axl would dress and have the body of 2006 with his hair as it is now. Actually yeah 2010 clothes suit him good too.

Can't beat the UYI tour era Axl look though :cry:

About Dizzy, who copied who with the braids? He looks cooler now than he did back int he day. Matt Sorum looked a tool during his guns days. He looks much better now. Duffs body is a whole lot better. Amazing for his age. His face didn't hold up too good though. Where did all the wrinkles suddenly appear from?

Check out the muscles:

l_9fde95fdba2c47418f329ba4324e4e02.jpg

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel