New Buckethead Interview!

ManetsBR

bhartaj4.png

With the help of Brian Mantia other mods from my GNR website and I could get Buckethead to answer some questions. The website made a promo on the forum where fans could send questions and we would pick the 5 best questions, and I also asked some guys here. Well, I didn't believe it was actually happening, here is the result though.

I don't have the original copy of the interview yet, but you can read it in portuguese here:

EDIT: As MyGNR keeps changing to this Elsewhere shit, go to this link and there will find the interview link:

EDIT: or you could just post it here. ;)

Edited by zint61
removed link to external site

For those who do not know Guns N 'Roses Online Brazil has an exclusive interview a phenomenal and unforgettable with one of the masters of six strings and one of the creators of the album Chinese Democracy, and one of the most memorable players who have gone through the Guns N' Roses .

We prepare this interview for you fans know what Buckethead thinks and talks about the most controversial issues related to Guns N 'Roses and his career. And a full interview with no censorship!

And thanks to the drummer from Guns N 'Roses Brian Mantia, who helped us this interview. And we thank him.

Check out the interview with Buckethead below:

How do you define Axl Rose

Buckethead: Axl is a guy who likes everything perfect in minute detail, he is one of the most perfectionist that I've worked and lived in a tour, he is a very smart and he works in music with a feeling that has a great relationship with mind and heart, I think that's my definition of Axl Rose.

Do you plan or think about returning to play in Primus? And what is the feeling you have about it?

Buckethead: Yeah, of course, walked in communicating to set up a meeting, maybe it happens at the end of 2011. It was one of the best bands I've ever played, and one of the happiest moments I've ever had in my life.

For you, what was the best part of being in Guns N 'Roses?

Buckethead: He was standing next to nice people and very sincere and fun, because even without the Guns N 'Roses did not have released any new studio album and not have made a grand tour in the 2002 season, all who were involved in band worked with a great desire to grow and become again a band that calls for respect and media attention, and worked with lots of humor and love and sincerity.

You want to make another album of pure rock as Albino Slug?

Buckethead: Maybe I will in the future, currently only want to work with new and different things.

What is the best music you've worked with Guns N 'Roses?

Buckethead: I'm not sure what to answer, but I say it's a song called "Sorry", by which the bill involves a lot of irony Axl against their former comrades, and the base of the song was one of the most beautiful and delicate that I had done.

You could imagine his personality through his music, even though they were so different?

Buckethead: Actually, I'm not sure how to express myself in words that answer, but I'll try. Every album that I work, I try to show me different points of my personality, I think I have a certain difficulty of defining myself, but I think I am a person of multiple personalities within the albums that I do. But off I am a very shy guy and I try its utmost within the stage to show all my qualities and give a hint of humor in the shows.

You want to work on future projects of Guns N 'Roses?

Buckethead: I personally am not sure, it depends on Axl Rose, the production and delivery of a disk around them. But I left work incomplete and some compositions by the time I left the band, I have no idea if these compositions will be used in future and never told me anything about this matter after the Chinese Democracy.

On his solo career, which is the album that you worked more and said,''this album has almost all of my talent''?

Buckethead: Bucketheadland Without any doubts, because thanks to this album I became well known and gave me many opportunities to play with artists of various styles, giving me an opportunity for me to learn more. And this album shows what I can do with a guitar, showing different soils and tuning speed categorically interlocking with different techniques and tones.

Some time ago the Bumblefoot mentioned that you and he talked, and were thinking of working and playing in some music. You could say if this will ever actually happen? Why are you two guitarists with greater technical Guns N 'Roses, then this would be a dream for all fans.

Buckethead: I will reply very clearly, I'm interested more in working with anyone connected to Guns N 'Roses. By that stage of my career it's been a long time, maybe more ever happen to this partnership, in fact it actually happens, depends on him more than me. Perhaps we would do the fans.

What are your favorite guitar players? And which of them influence you or influenced you?

Buckethead: First I'll start with my teacher, I am very grateful to him for teaching me everything he knew, Paul Gilbert. And then I quite appreciate the work of many other guitarists such as: Eddie Van Halen, Zakk Wylde, Yngwie Malmsteen, Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, Steve Vai and BB King. And those who always influence me are Paul Gilbert and Eddie Van Halen. Without these two great minds of the chords on guitar I never know what could happen in my life and my career.

What do you think the end result of Chinese Democracy and his replacement, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal?

Buckethead: I loved it, became very similar to my albums soils. In the sound of "electronic effects, and instrumental and guitar mainly. He is a good guitarist, Axl made a good choice, "the boy" has talent and in my opinion will still show a lot more in the Guns N 'Roses.

What was the most unusual situation that happened to you at a show?

Buckethead: Maybe if I tell this situation many will not believe. It was the Rock in Rio 3 in 2001, when he looked at the audience and visualized with girls 15 to 25 years taking off their bras and getting to show her breasts, bras and throwing them onto the stage with success to draw attention Axl Rose. Had never seen that in my career so far, most of the tour in 2002 I got used to bras that were thrown on stage, some even fell on top of my head or hanging Axl on guitar, this situation seems to be very funny and while in my view compelling human, more happened to those who do not remember or did not see.

Did you like the time he was in Guns N 'Roses? What are your memories of that time? What relationship did you have with guys like Robin Finck, Paul Tobias and Richard Fortus, or what he thought of them? Finally, hopes that his solos and songs are still in the next album?

Buckethead: Yeah, all the moments I've witnessed and the Guns N 'Roses worth it. I've never regretted anything. The great affection that the public had with the band, the unforgettable moments we spent behind the scenes, the tricks and ideas we had while recording the songs. We had a great relationship, on and off the stage, they were, and are great guys and amazing professional and they had an incredible intelligence and a reflection on guitars. Maybe, but would be happy if my work and effort were recognized.

You want to come to Brazil someday?

Buckethead: I have a clear certainty about it. I have many plans on doing a world tour in 2011, and maybe Brazil could be one of the countries that make a visit, it depends a lot of producers and agents and not from me, and if that happens I'll be glad to play for my Brazilian fans.

Do you believe or want to go back to Guns N 'Roses?

Buckethead: No, because what I've done in Guns N 'Roses, had to be done and not have to do anything else. And I do not want to be labeled in both my career as "a guitarist of Guns N 'Roses," I still go and live new experiences and meet new people music.

Why did you decide this interview?

Buckethead: To try to express my feelings and say what they really think about these issues that are so covered in interviews related to Guns N 'Roses. And I decided to actually take this opportunity to end soon and this once. And I love to answer these questions and am very happy to know that my fans and fans of Guns N 'Roses will have a good reaction when you read every word you said before these questions. And I feel much better getting that weight off my shoulders, I think I feel much more relieved than before and you have no idea how much he wanted such an opportunity for me to vent.

You re-recorded "Oh My God" with Guns N 'Roses?

Buckethead: No, Axl and Guns N 'Roses, they decided to leave for various other projects and finish a few demos and ideas that would be feasible for the Chinese Democracy. But I'm pretty sure that someday this song will be released.

What message would you leave for your fans and fans of Guns N 'Roses?

Buckethead: Who am very happy now with my three albums released this year and sales are good, I am very grateful to them all that even without me doing shows, my fans are still following my career forever. To the fans of Guns N 'Roses I would say that all the moments I lived in relationship with the fans or the fans were very good, and happy and never forget that and always cheered me on my solos in the shows with Guns N 'Roses, and all worth it.

During the recording of Chinese Democracy, was there any discussion or big fight?

Buckethead: What I know not, but there was some stress of leaving Axl Rose, because the disc does not sound right, because the end result of all the remakes of Chinese Democracy was not what Axl wanted, whenever something was missing to complement and makes it perfect.

In total how many songs you worked with Guns N 'Roses?

Buckethead: I'm not sure if the total is the correct answer, but I would say that music has many incomplete and lacking many things, I would say it could be more than 25 songs featuring the album Chinese Democracy.

Why did you leave Guns N 'Roses?

Buckethead: I imagined that I would not so easily escape this question, but I'll answer with clarity and sincerity. I was tired and worn out by that Chinese Democracy has never worked out, Axl Rose always had new ideas and we had to start all over again and all the work that was done. It had to be wasted and thrown away, and the relationship with the band was a little worn out after the 2002 tour. We needed a time for each other to start all over again. So I decided to leave the Guns N 'Roses and go back to doing shows and recordings going back to manage and take care of my solo career. I think it is.

By: GN'R Online BR

Google translated, whatever.

calm down guys. Google Translator usually ruins the answers. For example.

Buckethead: I will reply very clearly, I'm interested more in working with anyone connected to Guns N 'Roses. By that stage of my career it's been a long time, maybe more ever happen to this partnership, in fact it actually happens, depends on him more than me. Perhaps we would do the fans.

The actual answer is:

"I reply very clear. I'm not interested in working with anyone connected to Guns N' Roses. Because this part of my carreer passed a long time ago, but maybe one day we could do like a partnership. In fact, if it actually happens, it would deppend more on Axl than me. Perhaps we would for the fans"

Just for the record, that I think it's very important to let clear, I was not in charge of this interview. I didn't get in contact with Buckethead or anyone from his press office at all. That's different from the Brian Mantia interview my site did. I interview him myself, and got the answers myself, and that I can tell you it's a 100% real interview. But on THIS BUCKETHEAD INTERVIEW, I'm not sure, I'm not sure at all, because I was not in charge.

Edited by ManetsBR

100% bullshit.

Please verify the authenticity before posting this tripe.

btw - he was never in Primus, only Brain was.

Also the fact that Angus Young or Wacko wasn't mentioned seals it.

Mods - delete thread.

Edited by ashysdad

Fucking awesome, I asked Axl back in the chats if he was interested in working with Bucket again, and he basically said it had to be right for both of them at that point in time, and that they had to 'clear the air' first.

Awesome interview, fucking love the bucket

100% bullshit.

Mods - delete thread.

Did you see what I write?

"Just for the record, that I think it's very important to let clear, I was not in charge of this interview. I didn't get in contact with Buckethead or anyone from his press office at all. That's different from the Brian Mantia interview my site did. I interview him myself, and got the answers myself, and that I can tell you it's a 100% real interview. But on THIS BUCKETHEAD INTERVIEW, I'm not sure, I'm not sure at all, because I was not in charge."

I already emailed Brian though.

This sounds WAY too good to be true and way iffy. For a start many people with a foot in Bucket's camp have made it very clear that Bucket left with very bitter feelings toward Tommy, Del and possibly Finck and that they forced him out and were cunts to him. Guns is supposedly a 'dirty word' to Bucket.

On the other hand if this is legit then it's the best news in fucking ages. Because whilst he says he doesn't ever want to fully re-join the band he says he might want to finish working on stuff he left behind and at a stretch maybe guest at some shows 'for the fans'.

That would make my decade.

100% bullshit.

Mods - delete thread.

"Just for the record, that I think it's very important to let clear, I was not in charge of this interview. I didn't get in contact with Buckethead or anyone from his press office at all. That's different from the Brian Mantia interview my site did. I interview him myself, and got the answers myself, and that I can tell you it's a 100% real interview. But on THIS BUCKETHEAD INTERVIEW, I'm not sure, I'm not sure at all, because I was not in charge."

Well you should have waited for Brain's reply before posting.

The interview is fake, end of story.

100% bullshit.

Mods - delete thread.

The stupid mod from my site published it already and in 5 seconds it was on the brazilian boards, what can I do now?

When he said he got the interview he already announced it everywhere, stupid.

100% bullshit.

Mods - delete thread.

The stupid mod from my site published it already and in 5 seconds it was on the brazilian boards, what can I do now?

then why did you post it here? by your logic, you're as stupid as your mod

100% bullshit.

Mods - delete thread.

then why did you post it here? by your logic, you're as stupid as your mod

Because it may be real. As it was already online, what shouldn't have happened at all, why don't let you check?

Chances of it being real are 0.00000000000000000000001%

The last out of character interview he did was 14 years ago. EVH, Vai and Wylde have NEVER been cited as influences. So far this year more than 3 albums have been released. No mention of his illness.

I could go on and on.

If this is true, it makes Axl a liar since it confirms that Sorry WAS about Slash, and the original members.

Or maybe Bucket is assuming.

Just a possibility.

Or maybe Axl was being sarcastic when he said it wasn't about former members.