Pop artists today - which ones are actually talented?

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Okay so now more than ever there has been an influx of people backed by excellent PR and marketing campaigns. Which ones are actually talented?

Heres some:

Lady Gaga - Can sing yes and play piano but as far as a unique talent or voice? I don't think so. Gimmick but the machine is slowing down now. Think shes boring people.

Justin Bieber - sings live apparently but falls into the David Cassidy category.

Cheryl Cole: Backed by Simon Cowell. Terrible singer with zero talent. Who buys her stuff!?

Rihanna: Not great live but I respect her.

Joss Stone has an incredible voice, beyond her years.

Lily Allen more often than not taps into some pretty relatable subject matter.

What ever happened to Joss??? I remember seeing some article on her where she had resorted to singing in little pubs and clubs around England. Really sad she deserves so much more success.

What ever happened to Joss??? I remember seeing some article on her where she had resorted to singing in little pubs and clubs around England. Really sad she deserves so much more success.

She left her record label. Just released her new album independently and formed her own record company. Greatest hits coming out this year I believe.

Christina Aguilera - Great vocalist, decent songwriter, decent dancer (when she wants to)

Beyonce - Good voice, decent dancer

Justin Bieber - Can sing, plays drums/guitar/piano

Bruno Mars - Good voice, decent songwriter, plays piano/guitar/bass/drums

Edited by Rose Mathers

britney - legend, amazing performer, even tho she lip-synch sometimes, at least she is dancing, use to be a phenomenal dancer, hopefully that brit will be back, doesn't even need to promote, will go number 1, not the most powerful voice, but she can sing

christina - amazing voice, not that great of a dancer, used to be so hot, then bionic era came, hopefully she's lose weight and be back on top

lady gaga - very popular since she is new and mainstream, good singer (not great) although can't dance, huge ego (thinks she's the queen of pop, and a "mother monster", etc) good performer, although i think people are going to get tired of her

cheryl cole - hot but can't sing for shit

katy perry - hot and can sell and people like her, but she is not the greatest singer

ke$ha - some people call her a wannabe lady gaga, too much auto tune (she should release more songs like "dancing with tears in my eyes", etc)

rihanna - love that she's not emo anymore and over the chris thing, love her album loud, amazing voice, appearance, etc

probably far more than I know about, but here's a few:

kanye west (hip-hop, pop whatever you wanna call his stuff, the man's got talent)

robyn (the best female pop artist out there)

lady gaga (yeah)

cee-lo green

not sure what qualifies as pop and what doesn't, and it's not exactly what I usually listen to anyway...

britney - legend, amazing performer, even tho she lip-synch sometimes, at least she is dancing, use to be a phenomenal dancer, hopefully that brit will be back, doesn't even need to promote, will go number 1, not the most powerful voice, but she can sing

christina - amazing voice, not that great of a dancer, used to be so hot, then bionic era came, hopefully she's lose weight and be back on top

lady gaga - very popular since she is new and mainstream, good singer (not great) although can't dance, huge ego (thinks she's the queen of pop, and a "mother monster", etc) good performer, although i think people are going to get tired of her

cheryl cole - hot but can't sing for shit

katy perry - hot and can sell and people like her, but she is not the greatest singer

ke$ha - some people call her a wannabe lady gaga, too much auto tune (she should release more songs like "dancing with tears in my eyes", etc)

rihanna - love that she's not emo anymore and over the chris thing, love her album loud, amazing voice, appearance, etc

Being hot is not a talent. And Kesha is devoid of both hotness and talent.

She was also getting into acting, she was on "The Tudors" for a while.

I used to like her until I realized how much her voice and meat-dress antics pissed me off.

Kesha > Gaga

Lady Gaga is very boring now. Also, anybody that finds her hot, just check out these pictures:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3333947/Lady-bar-bar-rips-it-up-in-NYC.html

good god!

She needs a good dunk into a bath of bleach. Disgusting. I think people are finally seeing her for what she really is... a marketing gimmick.

Thats great news about Joss. I knew her record label dropped her which surprised me and I thought it was curtains for her. I think she'll do well there would be a market for her sort of music. What a unique voice. Saw her on the Tudors I thought she did a good job but please don't stop singing missy!