Demos better than the album versions?

Vincent Vega

Don't Cry (usually labeled as Demo 4, not sure how accurate that is though)

14 Years (love the solo at the end)

November Rain (piano version)

I concur. The Don't Cry demo is like 10x more emotional/powerful than the album version. The ending is fucking heart wrenching, but in a good way.

I prefer the way Axl sings the chorus on the Paradise City demo. I think it is even more catchy, if that is possible, although I do get why it wasn't left like that for the album.

And yeah Don't Cry for definite. There is one live 86 version where Axl actually sings bizarrely like a normal human man for the first half then goes into super Axl mode at the end and its potentially one of my favourite vocals ever. The studio version loses a sort of piercing quality with the vocal tracks and production and stuff, but I guess they though it makes it more 'epic' sounding.

Edited by JAC185

Theres lots. Yesterdays - i love the demo. Dont cry, reckless life, locamotive. Not sure if i prefer it but i love the paradise city demo. Back off bitch is probably my least favourite gnr tune however i dont mind the demo - probably due to adlers drumming, sorum imo butchers the song.

November Rain (piano version)

Anything does

TWAT (the leak before the final one from 05) the solo was just sublime at this stage, then extra parts were added which really ruined it imo

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z27I8MCPNYY&feature=related

November rain the acoustic guitar version.

That thing just rips at your heartstrings. Its not better than the piano or the final version...its just different. I like to change in round.

The poor quality heightens the emotion of the song, makes it seem more desperate.

Edit: Just found Heart break hotel. It's my favorite Elvis song and Slash has just stumbled in at 4am, grabbed the song and just raped it. It is now a monster. Awesome.

Edited by Velvet-Rose