Best song performance on 2010 tour!

Albondi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFjRQp2sxdU

By far my favourite of 2010.

Same. Perfect pick my friend. You know, I had given up trying to get inside the show at the very moment they started Catcher. I was walking next to the garden, and then I was like "what the fuck, Catcher??!!!" and it was just the nicest surprise, I jumped in the air out of joy. It was one of the 3 songs I really wanted to hear from CD (first one being TWAT, then Catcher and This I love), and Axl sung it perfectly. I was singing the nananana part like a mad man behind the garden.

And the girl offered me a black bracelet that night, I wear it everyday and it reminds me of Catcher, it's like the only song I've remembered from all that night, it was a huge surprise, and Bumble did amazing justice to the solo. And Bumble hugged me after this very show. So this was fucking great.

while all these are really great...the Saskatoon version that went some 8+ minutes long for 'Catcher' has YET to be rivaled..sorry guys...the acoustic is nice..but the Saskatoon show/version of Catcher has no rival whatsoever at this point...im sure theres youtube of it somewhere...but even then...i doubt it does it justice whatsoever...Ive listened to the FLAC's and they are still kinda weak even...but maybe one day....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFjRQp2sxdU

By far my favourite of 2010.

That solo is amazing! That is what should have been on the album version

I don't think Ron's ever been happy with the album version of that solo, going by something he said and also cause he's changed it up and made it more bluesy ever since.

I agree with the rest of the things you said, but I think he changed up the solo in this performance more because he needed to compete against the other instrument's volumes. That's why he did that bar with the pedal notes and all, IMHO - it's really hard to hear the accoustic guitar when you have drums so close and even DJ's electric guitar in the main mix channel.

But yeah, to me this is the best live version of Catcher yet.

Edited by Voodoochild

There Was A Time - Hamilton (I feel absolutely sorry for everyone who wasn't there; Corba's recording just doesn't do Axl justice. It was totally FLAWLESS)

Fuck YEAH!

Hamilton was insane!

Personal fav from that show was This I Love..intense!...beautifully intense!

There Was A Time - Hamilton (I feel absolutely sorry for everyone who wasn't there; Corba's recording just doesn't do Axl justice. It was totally FLAWLESS)

Fuck YEAH!

Hamilton was insane!

Personal fav from that show was This I Love..intense!...beautifully intense!

sorry...Hamilton ended with Paradise City...booooring.

Nighttrain was teh win for an ending. end of story.

Saskatoon set list

http://www.gunsnroses-livestats.com/setlist.php?gig=130

Hamilton setlist

http://www.gunsnroses-livestats.com/setlist.php?gig=132

proof enough for ya? :)

there was a Rocket Queen on YT from South America 2010 I believe, where Axl did had a great fun with a mic stand, dancing around and shit, like in the old days, I couldn't find it, anyone can help?

I think you refer to the buenos aires,this camera doesnt get too much of axl but starting on 2.58 axl seems to be having fun :)

Just wanna add that after this song axl called an intepreter, people were throwing things at the stage because axl mic volume was damn low, and they didn´t fix it at all, bumblefoot tweeted after this show:

@bumblefoot said:" Fantastic time in Argentina! Apologies to the fans in the front that weren't getting Axl's voice in the PA - don't know wtf happened, heard part of the PA had malfunctioned, or something with the angle of the speakers, don't know exactly, regardless of the reason, I'm sad that there were fans that missed out on the full experience. Understand why people were throwing stuff at the stage, to alert us there was a problem. Someone threw a shoe. Please people, if you're going to throw a shoe, throw BOTH shoes - one shoe is of very little use."

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/k38c3

Edited by Albondi

Awesome to finally hear Twat from Hamilton and it's definitely the second best vocal performance of the few he's done but the first is still night one of Hammerstein 2006 of which we have a decent version from a balcony cam. It's literally the only time he's sung it completely effortlessly: even on this decent Hamilton attempt he's struggling a bit. The problem with the hammerstein version is it's Ron's first attempt at the solo having barely had time to rehearse and Axl doesn't sing 'I would do anything for you..' before the solo which blows because he nails it like a chainsaw at the end.

What really gets on my tits is that every single fucking time they've played it Axl doesn't stick to the script with the 'I would do anything...' lines before and after the solo and it's shit for several reasons: it throws off the band every time and they have to improvise (see Tokyo Twat where the bit before the solo is extended because Axl doesn't come in); the lines are a crucial pay-off in the song and when he comes in late, carries on making it up into the solo, comes in before the end of the solo etc it just fucks it up, like when he pussies out of the IRS scream.

The L'Arc Catcher is beautiful but it sucks that he struggles so hard to sing in that mid range. He could have done a better job in '02 with his clean voice.

It's ironic that there are only 2 new songs, This I Love and Sorry, from CD that have been played almost every night that weren't played in '01-'07 when he originally didn't even want This I Love on the album, presumably because he didn't want to deal with something that was to do with Stephanie anymore and dredge up old memories. And they play those every night because he can sing them well easily. But Catcher, Scraped, Prostitute and Twat all got butchered early in the tour cause he finds them so hard to sing and thus we never hear them and there are no really great versions of them.

Really really wish they'd done a few small club shows and played the album in its entirety.

They probably play This I Love at every show because Axl absolutely nails the vocals. It's incredible.

That's exactly what I meant. Because for some reason he can easily nail the screaming falsetto in TIL but the the mid-range of Catcher and Scraped and Prostitute and Twat eludes him unless he just growls and forces his way through like Catcher L'Arc. I'm not saying that performance isn't cool and I appreciate why people like it and I can to a point but it ain't great singing: he's struggling like fuck and forcing it out.

He can sing Sorry easily too. So yeah, that's why TIL and Sorry are always in the set. When Ron was asked why the other songs don't get played and he says it's all up to how Axl feels about his voice on any given night. After the first few attempts at Prostitute he was just like 'Fuck that shit...'.

The dancing during CD is so awkward it is hilarious. Bordering very close to the Elaine dance. It reminds me of how he'd try to bob his head while walking in 1991ish that looked so weird and goofy. It came off as so white guy.