Guitarists that can match up to Bucket?

Vincent Vega

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To quote someone who once said this about Buckethead..

Why does he have to look like such a fucking retard? I cant even take that guy seriously with a KFC tub on his head...good riddance.

"He wears the Bucket to keep shallow fucks like you out of his fanbase.

Works a treat."

Now, can't we movie this thread to the ex-gunners section where it belongs?

Alright, I think it's pretty clear this belongs in former members, eh?

Yes! Please work your modding-magic on this one!

How about we just move you there instead?

:rofl-lol:

To quote someone who once said this about Buckethead..

Why does he have to look like such a fucking retard? I cant even take that guy seriously with a KFC tub on his head...good riddance.

"He wears the Bucket to keep shallow fucks like you out of his fanbase.

Works a treat."

wave.gif

That was me.

Edited by ashysdad

Now, can't we movie this thread to the ex-gunners section where it belongs?

Alright, I think it's pretty clear this belongs in former members, eh?

Yes! Please work your modding-magic on this one!

How about we just move you there instead?

Worst. Insult. Ever. :rolleyes:

Also, you know I'm right.

I don't know any such thing. Listen, I don't want to single you out, because people crying about locking this thread or moving that thread has become a fucking epidemic on this message board. This doesn't happen 5% as much on any other board that I visit regularly. Unless you are suggesting that you think the mods are incompetent, I'm pretty sure they can figure out when they need to lock or move a thread. If they did this every time someone started crying about it, there would only be an "What Does Axl Eat For Breakfast?" thread left.

I've got a crazy idea for an experiment. If a thread goes up that I like and you don't, how about I click on that thread and read it, and perhaps post in it. Here's the cool part: if you don't think it's a good idea for a thread, you can not click on it. Voila, problem solved!

I don't know any such thing.

Neither do I.

Username - if this thread were about a former member that wasn't a part of CD or any unreleased CD sessions tracks, I'd agree with you.

Fact is though, this is about someone that was an absolute integral part of that album, and it's almost a certainty that he will be on the next.

For the same reason I have no problem talking about Robin in here, and Brain.

At the end of the day it's up to the mods of course, but that's my take on it.

Edited by ashysdad

he might be a former member, but his work is currently on the latest album out by guns n roses which means all the songs he is on and contributed so much to are performed at all the gnr concerts throughout the last decade so I hope this thread stays here.

Edited by gunns5

Buckethead is Buckethead he is favorite guitar player of mine, but If Guns needed another guitar player ( which would be a shame as Bumblefoot is crazy guitar player and even better man) I would love Richie Kotzen as he as amazing vibe can shred as well as play bluesy stuff and can sing and write great songs as well another pick would be Nuno Bettencourt.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

he might be a former member, but his work is currently on the latest album out by guns n roses which means all the songs he is on and contributed so much to are performed at all the gnr concerts throughout the last decade so I hope this thread stays here.

I get what you're saying and I love Buckethead (I'm all far Buckethead threads in relation to “Chinese Democracy”). But the purpose of this thread has no connotations with GN'R whatsoever and that is why I support it being moved to a more appropriate section of the forum.

For example I don't really want to be talking about bands which compare to Mank Rage (Tobias) in the GN'R section.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

If you like Chinese Democracy than you should understand that Bucket is the most important member of New GNR other than Axl. New GNR and the lineup that tours are 2 different things, in my opinion.

That's where you're wrong. You see, he's NOT a member of New GnR. At all. What you said is called "denial". Good luck with it.

If you like Use Your Illusion than you should understand that Slash was the most important member of GnR other than Axl. But we're not discussing him here either.

Plus, as I've pointed out before, this thread is hardly the "discuss Buckethead's parts on Chinese Democracy" thread. It's more of a "Buckethead is awesome" thread.

He's as much a member as anyone else. He'll most certainly be all over CD II. A guy who writes and plays on New GNR's albums is more important to me than the guys who play his parts live.

When New GNR puts out an album written and recorded without Bucket than he'll be a former member. Right now though he's just a guy who isn't in the touring lineup.

Edited by ITW 2012

He's as much a member as anyone else. He'll most certainly be all over CD II. A guy who writes and plays on New GNR's albums is more important to me than the guys who play his parts live.

When New GNR puts out an album written and recorded without Bucket than he'll be a former member. Right now though he's just a guy who isn't in the touring lineup.

LOL. Slash is still a current member, it's just that a reunion is pending. LOL. That's taking the "glass is half, Fool" analogy to a cosmic extreme.

Yeah, Buckethead should still be considered a current member. Even though he hasn't been in the band since the beginning of 2004. If he's not touring with the current line up is that because he has pre-existing appointments.

This is like an ex-spouse living in your former home and saying, "Oh yeah, he thinks we're divorced. It's really just that he moved away and remarried just can't stop by like he used to."

That being said, the segregation in this section is stupid. All current and former members should be invited. For all we know, everyone except Axl could be former members at this moment in time and space.

^ good timing.

Do you have to be American to play in GnR?

Slash is English so one would assume it's not a pre-requisite. Having said that, the current criteria could be a whole different ball-game!

I have to say this guy is great. But would he be a good fit for GnR?

For me the reason that the new album was disappointing was that it didn't have the awesome riffing of the previous albums. Indeed for all his talents I have not really heard a truely awesome riff from BH?

Given that Axl said explicitly that one of his aims is to produce music in keeping with the GnR name, I really think he needs a guitarist that can produce outstanding rock riffs, not saying that will be easy but it really is what this band needs imo.