Radiohead - The King Of Limbs

Shuffle

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, have listened to the whole album a couple of times and have grown to like it quite a bit.

Its a lot less lyrical, or catchy, then previous radiohead albums but I think fans of the group have come to learn that expecting the next album to be a certain way will definitely lead to surprise.

I felt it was sort of a mix between amnesiac and In Rainbows. At this point, I don't like it as much as HTTT or In Rainbows (their strongest record imo) but I certainly enjoy it and have to give them credit for it.

Rhythmically it seem unmatched by any other radiohead records so far, its sometimes hard to believe that his is the same group that put out "panblo honey" or "the bends".

Like with all readiohead albums, Thoms voice can be a bit angsty at time.

Although I do enjoy the album I wish there was one or two more formally structured songs on it like "nude" or "scatterbrain".

At the end of it all, its a good album to add to the radiohead repertoire as it explores a more developed and realized style that had been expressed by not taken to a full conclusion in previous albums, especially Kid A and Amnesiac.

(PS: in my experience the album is even more enjoyable while relaxing in a beanie bag chair with a beer or whiskey in one hand and some nice sativa in the other.)