Radiohead - The King Of Limbs

Shuffle

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i already ordered a copy of the "newspaper edition". can't wait for saturday when the download will be available...

really like the release plan:

feb. 19 - download only

march 28 - regular CD & vinyl release

may 9 - shipping of the "newspaper edition"

Edited by neon

Pre-ordered that shit, and contemplating getting the "Newspaper" version next paycheck. If it's anything like what they did with the "These Are My Twisted Words" single, where you could print out images on translucent paper and layer them over each other, it should be quite interesting.

One listen through, and I'm severely underwhelmed. All the tracks sound the same, very bland electronics throughout. Nothing compared to In Rainbows, and I wasn't even a huge fan of that one. I guess, objectively, I would say this album is "Good," but I'm even unsure of that. All I know is that compared to the rest of their discography, this would certainly be on the tail end.

That said, Seperator is a damn good tune, prob the best on the album, but the rest just doesn't do it for me on one listen. Gonna have to keep trying I assume.

OKC>Kid A> The Bends> In Rainbows> Amnesiac> I can't decide which one to rank higher, HTTT or TKOL> Pablo Honey

Edited by Street_Of_Dreams

Definitely not impressed. I really have to agree with you SOD, the electronics are fairly boring. There's too much of the same clattery drums, and the songs don't really go anywhere. On the other hand, I really loved In Rainbows, so this is a pretty big disappointment for me. They actually returned to writing more "songs", but this is pretty predictable RH stuff. Lotus Flower, Separator, and Codex are pretty good tunes, but as a whole I'm let down. Let's see if it grows on me from here.

EDIT: Was hoping for a bit more than 8 tracks, too. Two more really good songs and I would've probably wouldn't have been so let down.

Edited by chevelle

I really like this album

I can definitely see why some people won't like it as much as In Rainbows, but I absolutely love the electronics and overall feel of the album

Even though I would love to hear more songs like Jigsaw Falling Into Place (more guitar driven stuff) I really can't complain about the quality and execution of this album

Ok, I'm really getting into it now. On my first listen I was really disappointed, then on the second listen, I started noticing some nice melodies and textures, and on the third, I went into "FUCK YEAH" mode.

I've also seen some rumors suggesting that a second part of the album could be released tomorrow. The basis for that is that the release got bumped up a day, and the fact that the Newspaper album set has two vinyls in it, when one would be enough to hold TKOL. Nothing solid, but it does make a lot of sense and I wouldn't put it past the band to do something like this. If they do, I'll be even happier and if they don't, we still have a new album.