Cool interview

ppruks

This is the first time I read this story. I thought it was pretty funny. I'm not a snake person either and I definitely wouldn't remain motionless lying there, I'd freak the fuck out and run out of the house, never to be seen again.... :D

anyhow, here's the article http://www.reptilechannel.com/reptile-experts/interviews/slash-guns-roses.aspx and I've included the part about the snake incident below

So everyone in Guns N' Roses knows about Clyde?

Oh, yeah. A lot of people know about Clyde. We had another snake named Bonnie, who was a small retic, while Axl was living at my house. One night Axl was sleeping on the floor, and I woke up and couldn't sleep at about four in the morning. My snakes were kept off of one of the bathrooms, and there was a hole in the side of their cage that wasn't completely covered by a piece of wood. They would sometimes push out, crawl over the wood and come into the bedroom, which was no big deal.

But anyway, one night I woke up at four and saw this retic right next to Axl, who is sleeping on the floor. I woke Axl up and said, "Axl, don't move! Whatever you do, don't move!" (laughs). The snake was really close, just like this (Slash holds his hand in front of his face like a snake's head). This retic was just sitting there...and sitting there. And Axl's not a snake guy, man. The snake never would have bit him, but Axl didn't know that (laughs). I kept saying, "Don't move. Just stay there!" This went on for almost an hour.

So, did Axl get back to sleep that night after you put the snake away?

No. He never even slept on the floor again!

I woke Axl up and said, "Axl, don't move! Whatever you do, don't move!" (laughs). The snake was really close, just like this (Slash holds his hand in front of his face like a snake's head). This retic was just sitting there...and sitting there. And Axl's not a snake guy, man. The snake never would have bit him, but Axl didn't know that (laughs). I kept saying, "Don't move. Just stay there!" This went on for almost an hour.

So, did Axl get back to sleep that night after you put the snake away?

No. He never even slept on the floor again!

Is he basically saying that he found Axl in a compromised position with a snake in his face, knew it wouldn't bite him, but let Axl sit there freaking out for almost an hour anyway? Because if he knew it wasn't going to bite, he could have just walked over and picked it up, right?

Good story.

I don't know why, but I don't like snakes, although I like lizards, and own 5 of them. I find lizards complete with their legs and attitude adds to their personality.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

:lol: That is hilarious. I love reading old stories of the guys having fun.

I would freak out if someone did that to me I wouldn't have remained still I'd start crying or something. An hour? Bloody hell!