If there's a new album coming

Encore

just release anything that is ready. That gets my vote.

Axl pushed for the dual illusions release. i wonder why he is holding songs back. At one time they said CD was going to have 18 songs on it and ten remixes/b-sides. DO IT!

Vintage! I don't think I even want that other CD stuff out in a while, I just kind of dislike the sound of it. Drums, layers, vocals... It's not that the melodies are necessarily bad though. It waters down the name of GN'R to me. And not letting the current lineup record is just such a waste. They WILL start leaving eventually if nothing happens, I mean with not even an intention of writing new music they will start feeling like cover band members who have to get their artistic outlet somewhere else. And that will mean even a new chapter of revolving members. Plus, I want the good old Axl voice on record, not Mickey Mouse. Although that old stuff would be cool to have released for hardcore fans in the future.

Edited by Changes

or maybe they can make an album that will change rock forever.....again

I don't think it's about that for them anymore. That ship sailed long ago...

True but if there is 1 band that can save rock it is Guns N' Roses.

Not this version.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Let the creative juices flow. Don't put a genre/sound upon the album before it happens. Otherwise it's just going to come off as contrived. The sound of GN'R should not be too accountable to Axl's present genre interests (he is the directive force yes, but his own personal tastes cannot entirely dictate Guns' studio produce).

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

It's gonna sound similar to Chinese cus it's the same players producers ect.

I would love it sound more natural and less produced.

If this line up were locked in a room with a few guitars the result would be so much more natural IMO.

or maybe they can make an album that will change rock forever.....again

I don't think it's about that for them anymore. That ship sailed long ago...

True but if there is 1 band that can save rock it is Guns N' Roses.

Not this version.

Any version could do it if done right.

Well, they're really pretty much like every other of the thousands of bands in this world which have yet to conquer the world. So unless you mean Axl Rose has the power to change rock forever, I just don't see why they would have a better shot than any other band. It was a different band that conquered the world, they just share a name and not even musical style.

Edited by Changes

There should be a thread 'when do you think we will get a new album...if ever?' With poll options 2011,2012,2013 etc....would be interested to see how many people actually believe we will get new music this year or next year. Because they would be delusional.

There should be a thread 'when do you think we will get a new album...if ever?' With poll options 2011,2012,2013 etc....would be interested to see how many people actually believe we will get new music this year or next year. Because they would be delusional.

:drevil:

do you want vintage guns or more like a chinese sound? or maybe they can make an album that will change rock forever.....again

First up, this is actually a pretty decent question, a lot of speculation threads are lame but the sound... maybe it's just because I had a GN'R mix going on my iPod today, but certain songs mixed in perfectly, and others stood out.

There Was A Time and The Blues mixed in with Estranged and Locamotive perfectly - whereas Shackler's Revenge really stood out. Catcher in the Rye fit right in despite its obvious Beatles influence - it's a really, really good Guns N' Roses song.

So, I'd like more of those. Lose the "electronic" edge. I'm cool with darker, heavier, I really want to hear Soul Monster. I'm less interested in heavily Buckethead influenced stuff. I like Bucket but I think his style is rather jarring when put together with Guns. Now, when his style was a bit more traditional - he still does that well.

So yeah... a Chinese edge, as in the more Illusions-esque Chinese stuff, and I'd love for the current lineup to record at some point.

do you want vintage guns or more like a chinese sound? or maybe they can make an album that will change rock forever.....again

First up, this is actually a pretty decent question, a lot of speculation threads are lame but the sound... maybe it's just because I had a GN'R mix going on my iPod today, but certain songs mixed in perfectly, and others stood out.

There Was A Time and The Blues mixed in with Estranged and Locamotive perfectly - whereas Shackler's Revenge really stood out. Catcher in the Rye fit right in despite its obvious Beatles influence - it's a really, really good Guns N' Roses song.

So, I'd like more of those. Lose the "electronic" edge. I'm cool with darker, heavier, I really want to hear Soul Monster. I'm less interested in heavily Buckethead influenced stuff. I like Bucket but I think his style is rather jarring when put together with Guns. Now, when his style was a bit more traditional - he still does that well.

So yeah... a Chinese edge, as in the more Illusions-esque Chinese stuff, and I'd love for the current lineup to record at some point.

someone who gets it. Yes. :thumbsup:

More songs like the ones on CD. Maybe venturing into more of a hardcore electronic sound. I'm not sure you can make songs like old GNR anymore without them sounding dated to the past, like all the music Jack White writes. That's one thing I've always respected about Axl; he's ever onward in his musical journey.

Edited by ITW 2012