Brian May about his work on Chinese Democracy

Demon Wolf

His solo was great, one of the best of the CD sessions.

I knew you'd say that.

Do you have any love or respect for any of the current GnR guitar players, or the past players, besides Slash?

No he does not.

what that has to do with Brian's solo being awesome, I've no idea... :shrugs:

As much as I love CD, May's solo is light years better than the solo that was used. That's not a knock on it either, because it's still fine and all, but Brian May's solo just made the song for me.

+1

Funny how Axl is supposed to be an egomaniac, over-controlling, crazy asshole, but I personally don't recall reading anything but positive comments from anybody who's worked with him in the past 13 years or so.

To me, it sounds like the same way Steely Dan worked on their songs in the late 70s. They went through a lot of musicians in the studio, but it wasn't like they were doing any Phil Spector gun waving and weird shit in the studio. They just picked people who did what they were good at, brought their A-game in, and either used it or didn't.

If he was that impossible to deal with,no one would want to work with him.

Funny how Axl is supposed to be an egomaniac, over-controlling, crazy asshole, but I personally don't recall reading anything but positive comments from anybody who's worked with him in the past 13 years or so.

To me, it sounds like the same way Steely Dan worked on their songs in the late 70s. They went through a lot of musicians in the studio, but it wasn't like they were doing any Phil Spector gun waving and weird shit in the studio. They just picked people who did what they were good at, brought their A-game in, and either used it or didn't.

Far too reasonable a comment to have any business being posted on this forum. :)

Far too reasonable a comment to have any business being posted on this forum. :)

Agreed, mental ablility is not present en' force here :lol: