We're worrying too much

Guns n' Swedes

i agree that the last tour was the best tour the new band has done and they did look like they were having fun but if the docs that msl claim to have and they must be somewhat legit then it paints a totally different picture

I just watched a clip from the Australia tour and it's amazing to see how much better they were at the end of the tour, compared to the beginning. Axl looked like he had lost a ton of weight and the voice was perfect, as was the on stage chemistry.

Just sayin'

You're dead right, dude. I can't wait to see what will happen at RIR.

RIR's gonna be a big clue as to what plans are from here..What I mean is that if Axl shows up in shape, lean and mean, after this layoff, I would think that big things are in store shortly after. I still believe that back in '06 when Axl reinvented his appearance with the shorter braids, trendier clothes, slim muscular build, etc that the plan was to get the album out and take over the world again..what happened from there till CD came out though is anyone guess..

Who knows man..negotiating marketing, lawsuits, bumble having to record his parts are my guesses..fact is, nobody knows..Didnt Axl's appearance on this last tour seem kind of aloof to you though? Like he didn't really care too much? My guess is because he knew going in that nothing was on the immediate horizon..Now if he comes out at RIR looking/sounding in top form, then there's something to be excited about!

Guest siliconmessiah

release CD2 + CD3

Expect this to happen in 10-20 years and a new band for each album (5-10 years for each album).

But I guess they will be great, great records if they´re not slightly overproduced like CD (wich also was a great album, but as I said, slightly overproduced).

Edited by siliconmessiah

I think that everyone is too paranoid. I think that MSL is full of shit. When I see stuff like 'Axl wants to fire dj ashba' I can't help but think it's bullshit...

i dont think people are paranoid i mean take the MSL shit out of the equation. there still no us tour no album on the horizon rir the only thing scheduled for the rest of the year, none of the current incarnation even being in the tudio to write together i mean it does throw up some logical red flags

I think that everyone is too paranoid. I think that MSL is full of shit. When I see stuff like 'Axl wants to fire dj ashba' I can't help but think it's bullshit...

i dont think people are paranoid i mean take the MSL shit out of the equation. there still no us tour no album on the horizon rir the only thing scheduled for the rest of the year, none of the current incarnation even being in the tudio to write together i mean it does throw up some logical red flags

1) there is nothing unusual for even the most public band to take a few months off after a long tour.

2) they just toured the world, who cares about the US? They don't sell very well there anymore.

3) They just released Chinese Democracy less than 3 years ago. Nothing unusual for there not being a new album yet. Besides, how do YOU know it's not being worked on right now?

4) So you consider headlining the biggest concert event in the World to be a negative thing?

5) Once again, how do you know that they're not in the studio? Even so, it does not mean anything.

Just because you can't explain something doesn't mean something you pulled out of your ass is true. It's just as ridiculous as thinking that just because we can't explain where we came from means that God did it all, despite there being no evidence for that either. Than again, some people will believe almost anything that you tell/suggest to them.

If we can get through the 1994-2000 era, and the 2003-2006 era than I don't see this being as a big deal. I mean come one, they're headlining RIR! During that era we had NOTHING confirmed to look forward to.

The problem isn't the live shows...

The main problem is actually getting them to do live shows

http://en.wikipedia....2011_World_Tour

1) no shit but 5 years break from touring the us is kind of more than taking some time off for another leg isnt it?

2) the us is there native country maybe they should tour it?

3) yeah they did release chinese democracy almost 3 years ago but when bumble says they havent been in the studio to record anything red flag isnt it?

4)when did i say rir was a negative thing? i like that but when its the only thing lined up for the whole year?

5) once again because bumble said they havent?

but then again why ignore facts

How can anyone be worried that this dry spell is going to go on forever when we have the exact date of D-Day.

02/10/11

Now if RIR comes, then goes and nothing happens for months on end after that. We get no word they are in the studio, or writing has begun, ideas are floating around. Then we can be pretty sure Axl has no clue what he's doing and the future is bleak.

It will kill me inside if Rock in Rio is nothing but a cheap payday, the same show we've had for what 8 years now.

1) there is nothing unusual for even the most public band to take a few months off after a long tour.

2) they just toured the world, who cares about the US? They don't sell very well there anymore.

3) They just released Chinese Democracy less than 3 years ago. Nothing unusual for there not being a new album yet. Besides, how do YOU know it's not being worked on right now?

4) So you consider headlining the biggest concert event in the World to be a negative thing?

5) Once again, how do you know that they're not in the studio? Even so, it does not mean anything.

Just because you can't explain something doesn't mean something you pulled out of your ass is true. It's just as ridiculous as thinking that just because we can't explain where we came from means that God did it all, despite there being no evidence for that either. Than again, some people will believe almost anything that you tell/suggest to them.

If we can get through the 1994-2000 era, and the 2003-2006 era than I don't see this being as a big deal. I mean come one, they're headlining RIR! During that era we had NOTHING confirmed to look forward to.

The problem isn't the live shows...

The main problem is actually getting them to do live shows

http://en.wikipedia....2011_World_Tour

1) no shit but 5 years break from touring the us is kind of more than taking some time off for another leg isnt it?

2) the us is there native country maybe they should tour it?

3) yeah they did release chinese democracy almost 3 years ago but when bumble says they havent been in the studio to record anything red flag isnt it?

4)when did i say rir was a negative thing? i like that but when its the only thing lined up for the whole year?

5) once again because bumble said they havent?

but then again why ignore facts

1-2) lack of success. There are many American bands/ artists who do not tour the us because there are better paying gigs overseas.

3) No. It sucks, but it doesn't mean the end is near.

4) so what if it was?

5) not recording anything doesn't mean progress is not being made or that the end is near.

There are no facts, only speculation. And based on history this is no big deal...

what and say fuck you to the fans in the us that bought the album? i mean no tour in the us, the band not writing together, no band pictures you have to understand this is going to cause some people to be a little concerned. am i saying the band is over? no but even bumble raised these problems, the reason gnr isnt as big in the usa is because you never see the band as a band, i know people who didnt know gnr was still a band and didnt know they put out and album. im not saying the level concern is 10/10 im just saying there some red flags and its more a 3/10 lol

what and say fuck you to the fans in the us that bought the album?

Because they didn't "buy the album" the rest of the world did. It went #1 in 90% of the countries it was released in including Canada which is why we got a tour :D

it still went to #3 on the us charts so it did pretty well for no promotion or anything like that i just want to see them in the worst way i was going to see them in tampa in 2002 but the show got cancelled :cry:

Because they didn't "buy the album" the rest of the world did. It went #1 in 90% of the countries it was released in including Canada which is why we got a tour :D

it still went to #3 on the us charts so it did pretty well for no promotion or anything like that i just want to see them in the worst way i was going to see them in tampa in 2002 but the show got cancelled :cry:

That sucks dude. But I can't say that I have a ton of sympathy. I have had to fly out countless times to the united states to see artists that i like. It sucks, but sometimes u just gotta shell out the cash.

i live in the us the problem isnt finding where they play they always play boston which is only an 1 hr away its just getting them to play the us im sure they will get around to it sooner rather than later rock2

Don't get me wrong #3 is freakin' great in the current US market without any promotion. I really do feel for fans like yourself that just want a show!!! Keep the faith bro the tour will happen sooner than we all think. Good things to come!

Edit: They will blow your fuckin' mind when you finally get to see them live!

i cant wait i know they will tour the us eventually just got to be patient ive been to a couple concerts but gnr remains my #1 priority list when they come to the us rock1

I personally don't want them to tour the U.S if the market isn't there. Play ten to fifteen shows that you know will sell out and then move along. Warm the public back up with the "Sorry" tour like axl talked about. Play all the cities where all hell broke loose. That would be a great idea from a public relations standpoint and actually might be the smartest way to kick start a new album.

That sucks dude. But I can't say that I have a ton of sympathy. I have had to fly out countless times to the united states to see artists that i like. It sucks, but sometimes u just gotta shell out the cash.

i live in the us the problem isnt finding where they play they always play boston which is only an 1 hr away its just getting them to play the us im sure they will get around to it sooner rather than later rock2

If wad in your position I would have been flying/driving to Toronto, Hamilton or Montreal. Those are what? 3-4 hours away by car?

I saw them in Edmonton and jumped on a bus for 4 hours to see them in Calgary.

No offense, but you guys aren't trying hard enough. But I guess when you live in an area where you aren't used to having to make an effort to see your favorite artists, so I can understand...

dude seriously what is your deal? are you an asshole just to be one or something?

If wad in your position I would have been flying/driving to Toronto, Hamilton or Montreal. Those are what? 3-4 hours away by car?

No offense, but you guys aren't trying hard enough. But I guess when you live in an area where you aren't used to having to make an effort to see your favorite artists, so I can understand...

dude seriously what is your deal? are you an asshole just to be one or something?

I'm saying that you're not that big of a fan. You say that you'd see them if they were an a hour away, but 3-4 is waaay too much.

If you wanted to see them you could have bought a ticket and driven to Canada. I have flown half way across the continent to see some artists and you can't drive a few hours. In most cases a band will tour the US and skip Canada, in this case we had the exact opposite. So I have ABSOLUTELY no compassion for Americans who say that they had no chance to see them ESPECIALLY those living in your area (The Northeast). You just want them to show up on your doorstep without much inconvenience and If they don't you'll just complain. In 2002 I flew to Vancouver to see them, but that never materialized... and I still payed to see them twice in 2006 and twice in 2010.

You're just spoiled. Almost none of the bands that I like come anywhere near where I live and it pisses me off to see spoiled brats complain when ONE band (even if it's their favorite) doesn't show up ESPECIALLY when they had ample opportunity to see them if they had tried.

It's just not that important to you is all that I'm saying.

because you know everything right? first off you would drive from florida to canada for a concert? i just moved to the northeast 6 months ago they havent toured the us in 5 years so get off your high horse man just because you think your better than someone doesnt make it so

Edited by bran

I'm saying that you're not that big of a fan. You say that you'd see them if they were an a hour away, but 3-4 is waaay too much.

If you wanted to see them you could have bought a ticket and driven to Canada. I have flown half way across the continent to see some artists and you can't drive a few hours. In most cases a band will tour the US and skip Canada, in this case we had the exact opposite. So I have ABSOLUTELY no compassion for Americans who say that they had no chance to see them ESPECIALLY those living in your area (The Northeast). You just want them to show up on your doorstep without much inconvenience and If they don't you'll just complain. In 2002 I flew to Vancouver to see them, but that never materialized... and I still payed to see them twice in 2006 and twice in 2010.

You're just spoiled. Almost none of the bands that I like come anywhere near where I live and it pisses me off to see spoiled brats complain when ONE band (even if it's their favorite) doesn't show up ESPECIALLY when they had ample opportunity to see them if they had tried.

because you know everything right? first off you would drive from florida to canada for a concert? i just moved to the northeast 6 months ago they havent toured the us in 5 years so get off your high horse man just because you think your better than someone doesnt make it so

The answer is yes. I would. If Guns were not playing in my area I would have been on a plane to see them. If I lived in Florida or anywhere else. If they didn't play North America I would do my best to go (even though I admit that it's less likely).

I fly from Edmonton, AB, Canada all on a regular basis to see artists that I like.

I have flown out to see Lisa Lampanelli, Paul Gilbert, Prince, Symphony X, Stratovarius and others many times. Cost lots of money.

And I never said I was better and I don't recall saying that I know everything (??), just more dedicated. It's not my fault you seem to have an inferiority complex.

i dont have an inferiority complex dude you have this im a better fan than you arrogant attitude why because you can afford to fly everywhere to do all these things? congrats lucky you,glad you have the time to do it. it does cost lots of money glad you have it

Well not everyone has that opportunity. Some people have jobs that require that they stay and not travel in order to make a living.

Just because we want them to play in our area it doesn't mean we are any less of a fan than you. Sure I would love to see them in Canada, but it is not as easy as buying a ticket and going. And that doesn't mean shit as to what kind of a fan I am, a TOUR is when a band travels around and plays different venues. Nothing wrong with wanting a band to play your area.