more than 10 million face-bookers into GNR

STARABOSTES

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so... GNR are breathing on Nickelback's back B) now.

after leaving behind bands as U2 and now Evanescence.

just one aspect of how relevant is GNR in 2011. ok!? ok.

"everything is possible..."

hey, by the way,

if any of you could help me out with this

check out at min.4.26 as Ron's put it -

"it's GNR you never fucking know what's gonna happen "

and I want just that part. it's at 4.26 min.

I just want it so I can used each time someone is complaining on GNR around herei B)

Good luck with appeasing all the chronic complainers on here,they seem to feed on the negative aspects,none of the positive :thumbsup:

thanks man! I'll try B)

but in the land of gnr fans "ain't fun" is the word of the day.

so :shrugs: about these guys.

but I know, there are some readers,

like I was -it took me 2 years to make an account, and the main reason was

to try to show the bright side, if there was or is or will be any -

who see the good side.

if there isn't that's fine, than no need to point it out, as it's more than obvious

for everyone. the point is that people, in general, living in this no-world

often see only the negative side of things, as they were educated to see hat,

and doing so, they consume there own energy in a negative way,\

resulting more negative energy into others,

so the circle goes on and on.

and that's not cool man.

but, there are always bright side of things, in my book,

and I try to show the others.

And that is a good thing,I don't quite understand why there is so much negativity directed at GNR on this forum,we have FOR coming up,and it was amazing how fast it sold out! I'm looking forward to what is to come,we have had interviews with band members,and although GNR doesn't operate like any other band,I enjoy that aspect,and attitude,enjoy your posts Starabotes :)

facebook is inconsequential. Our band has 200 fans and only 1 of them has bought our new cd online. It takes a second to like something and by the next day you've forgotten about it and when read together sound stupid. ex. todd likes nestle quik, guns n' roses, and saying no to drugs. it's ridiculous.

According to the Slash-Lovers on this forum, CD only sold 28 copies. All other sales were result of people buying multiple copies. If the next CD sells 10 million copies, it will actually only be 1 million people who bought 10 copies each. For some reason it actually pains the Slash-Lovers if Axl or the new Guns get any positive comments. Weird - I know. But what can you do.

The fact that CD didn't sell 9 million copies

DER!

ok..........but it sold a lot more than 500,000

Do you know math?

unless those 500,000 bought several copies.

irrelevant. no matter how many copies people buy it still sold more than 500,000 like the post claimed above.

people who buoght AFD, didn't bought several copies?

I've bought 3 tapes and 3 cd's of AFD so far

and you're always hating on AFD so logic dictates you must have bought lots of copies of CD. Of course, though, you'll probably say you only bought one just as to boost cd's sales as much as you can lol. Also, a lot more than 500 000? That doesn't mean anything. It's a bit more than 500 000, a lot less than 9 million.

what a fuked up logic.

look here man or what ever you are,

when GNR made their facebook, back in 2009, before they toured

they had around 1 mill fans.

after that, in less than a year they grown, and kept on growing,

IT'S NOT CHINESE DEMOCRACY'S FACEBOOK!

IT'S GUNS N' FUCKIN' N' ROSES MAN!

so fuck of all of you with your retard comments.

you just don't get it because you are evidently too stupid to.

GNR are liked for their past and present by the majority of people who call themselves fans.

I love GNR in the period prior to 1996 (oh the fatidical year!?)

and I like them now.

Just because you are too stupid to understand that it means shit.

You, the shit heads, can argue what ever you want,

but don't ever try to tell me, or to you for that matter,

that the people on facebook that gave GNR a like don't like it!

get the fuck out of here! and I don't mean out of this forum,

it's just an expression fuck heads.

retards.

well, good fuckin' night! - for all who read this - here is night-night.

I'm getting out of herrrrreeee.

if God was one of us, he'd most likely would not venture into a GNR forum.

too much stupid people, and they are better left alone.

for that matter also Satan has no interest in stupid people.

because being stupid and all, how can you tempt them?

DER!

Do you know math?

irrelevant. no matter how many copies people buy it still sold more than 500,000 like the post claimed above.

and you're always hating on AFD so logic dictates you must have bought lots of copies of CD. Of course, though, you'll probably say you only bought one just as to boost cd's sales as much as you can lol. Also, a lot more than 500 000? That doesn't mean anything. It's a bit more than 500 000, a lot less than 9 million.

No. Because most music fans buy a CD to listen to music they enjoy. Not to get in a pissing match with somebody who dislikes the band on an internet forum about how many albums were actually sold. Shame that some people base the quality of an album by how many copies it sold or by who is in the band - and not by the sound of the music. I don't understand that logic - but to each his own.

Personally I couldn't care less how many copies CD sold. Nor could I not care less how many albums Slash is selling. It isn't a competition - except to a few clowns on this forum.

Music is to be enjoyed. If you don't like what Axl is doing now....why are you here? Slash has an album out, you should spend all your time at his forum. Or at the forum of a band you enjoy. Life is too short, why waste time with constant negativity about a rock and roll singer? Weird.

DER!

Do you know math?

It sold 5 million copies, whats your argument? (pointless!)

You're focusing on the math too much, actual sales of those in the 9M f.b.-ers was never my point, but that it was a mere fraction thereof because most people just get it free nowadays. That was the point, simple fact, no argument can seriously be started off that point in 2011...or can it?!

:question:

Sales wise if it sold 5M I see 614k to date in America here. He also didn't tour it here in the U.S. to promote sales, then there's digital sales, but that's a lot of extra sales outside the states. If it's so it really adds weight to my earlier 'rock is dead in the USA' comment.

Edited by axlskAmpf

You're focusing on the math too much, actual sales of those in the 9M f.b.-ers was never my point, but that it was a mere fraction thereof because most people just get it free nowadays. That was the point, simple fact, no argument can seriously be started off that point in 2011...or can it?!

:question:

Sales wise if it sold 5M I see 614k to date in America here. He also didn't tour it here in the U.S. to promote sales, then there's digital sales, but that's a lot of extra sales outside the states. If it's so it really adds weight to my earlier 'rock is dead in the USA' comment.

yeap man.

you were right in your first post here, and this one too.

but, my point of this thread is that GNR are popular, at least on a popular network such as Facebook.

and may I add to your arguments to why Chinese Democracy didn't sell well in the US

is that it lacked music videos.

call me as you want but us-ers are more into image than anyone around the world.

and music videos are the best way to promote a song, and it goes even better than playing it live,

because until you've play it live, people already got to know about it, on tv or internet.

but, again, yeah, full arenas and stadiums goers at GNR concerts

should be sufficient when stating that GNR are popular today,

but I just added an extra thing - Facebook and YouTube.

to prove it, whilst GNR are not touring, as they are for the moment.

Edited by STARABOSTES

Star, and I definitely agree they are still popular and of course 9M followers shows it as well. Didn't mean to come off like that was insignificant by any means.

As to them being there for old or new GnR, as mentioned as well earlier, sure some old fans are there. They still follow the new band, as we see, since not much Slash news is going up on the GnR Facebook page nowadays. So come one and all I say!

Another bit of proof of the bands everlasting popularity/power I like to note is Axl (after a laundry list of 'happenings' from 94-07 that would make any industry man stand off) managing to get the likes of Azoff (himself) to manage him... and Best Buy bought in. That's a heavy wielding sword there. Ironically if he walked into Sony tomorrow, or any heavy hitter, and said "Ok man, Azoff, yeah whatever, now I really want to do a big release and even do the talk show circuit to promote it and a tour, etc..." he could probably land a similar or even better deal for 'part II'. So if you're reading this, Dex, there's your inspirational thought of the day! Go gettem!

rock3

Edited by axlskAmpf

Everything all you fools arguing against me are saying is HILARIOUS. You insult my logic, then go into the typical defensive, cursing, attacks. All I meant by that comment is Volcano buddy said "how do you know they didn't all buy a copy?" or something similar. I said because it would have been impossible. Then I get slammed as a hater, on this forum and I don't like the band, stupid (this one is great, it's sort of like projection because nothing I said implied anything stupid, I commented on NUMBERS, aka, FACTS), people saying I think people don't like CD (another good one, obviously implying that the person knows people don't since I didn't mention anything close to that and I get called on saying that)

Oh, one more thing on the "stupid" and "retarded" comments from that genius STARABOSTAS...

"what a fuked up logic."

lol.

[/quot

logic? what logic man?

when the tread is about the number of fans on Facebook and you come here and say:

"yes but they are only 500.000 that bought the album "here""?

you egocentric american prick. first of.

this thread wasn't about Chinese Democracy.

it's about GNR.

but you fail to see that.

logic? were is you logic when you come here and debate the number of fans on Facebook by the sales of it's latest album?

yeap. again - what a fucked up logic you have man.

it is. it's fucked up.

k now. thanks for the corrections.

they'll come in handy, sometime.

:thumbsup: for you being a Canadian.

well, now let me get back to what it matters:

GNR are moving up in the world

and just pass by Nickelback, ah Canadians also, but the music man!!! the music :thumbsdown: is as rock as an old cock.

but, nevertheless the nickelback boys have quite a reputation on being rock-stars famous that is,

and for the kids ya know!? popular, and liked by the mass-media and friends with everybody.

so what the fuck is wrong with the world

to give likes to a band like GNR that didn't do,

apparently nada (for some siliconpeople )

in the last 5 years or so, since this

fucked up social network appeared, that got people interested?

is it the music? nah! it couldn't be, 'cause GNR is not a music band, it's wrestlers team or something,

and they should get out in the ring more often and entertain us - the fans! they own us that much!

after all the money we put in there pockets, right Moreblack?

oh oh the atrocity! GNR still exist but it's not GNR man, no it's not,

it's a copy of a copy of a band, 'cause, at least if the 2002 line-up would have stayed, than that one you could have called it GNR,

so what that the "original" GNR got rid of a member just 3 years after their first album got out?

so what that another member quit the band in just 4 years after the release of the first album,

and about 2 months after the release of another major album, The double album of the band,

in full world tour while promoting that album? and thus in less than 4 years the band replaced 2 band members and added one, one which from then on, stood still, in the band. but yeah man GNR was GNR until... until the fatidic year of 1996 man, yeah man, that's when GNR stopped being GNR because, hell man, the guitar solo left man, left after putting out a solo record, and tour around the world a bit for it, grab some cash - wait, no man, he didn't he just enjoyed playing in front of people, who went because they knew him from GNR. and who, most of the times ask them selves: wait man, it seems that they are GNR but it's just the the singer is not red hair anymore and it's blond, and the voice just sucks man, but hey, with a bottle of booze you can make believe anything, right?!

yeap so, GNR wasn't GNR for sometime man, when, wtf!? it reaper in 2001 to sing a live show, and the fulls, the jack-ass-es and the gullible went on to see the show and had a full house for them, or a sold out show, but the fucks were misled in believing that GNR was GNR when it wasn't, 'cause no one knew by 2001 that the guys who put out the albums until then were all out of the band, except fort tha mother fucker of a singer, who kept the name for his own device, yeah man, the mother fucker did. can you imagine? the nerve? I mean if I was him and see all the people leaving the band, I'd just take a gun and shoot myself because I must be the one to blame, as I'm a bad member guy, and I don't know how to maintain a good band-relationship... there for I'm good for nothing, and just went solo, and re-call the band I started and I gave it the name, as My band, and thus the people would have liked me for it.

now, that was fun.

pretty soon I'll up-date this thread as GNR will pass 10mil of facebookers fans.

what is it with those people? it's not like GNR are the most communicative band are they?

I for one, just don't get it why people like GNR more than say U2 - the best band in the world - which by the way are touring right now, than Kings of Leon who are the shit man as a rock band right now, and I don't mean it any other way by but literary. than the Killers man who are they dancers or humans, shit knows man, but they are fed up with people talking about Led Zeppelin, like people would talk about it if not for that they put out great music!? and, yeah, people would not talk about them if they were really great? but they are not, they are just fill-ins.

well :shrugs: I don't know.

it must have been with the fact that all this people can coup with the idea that GNR creates great music while changing it's whole line-up, like a lizard changes skin, and thus remains alive and kicking. but, I'm not shore <_< as most likely these people are so stupid that they believe that the line-up is the same one as when they first heard about GNR on the radio and TV, about 20 years ago. and while they visit GNR Facebook page they don't know how to read and can see jack-shit about the current status of the band. who knows? B)

yes, I wrote all this because I have to much free time on my mind,

I'm lonely and sick - I really am.

don't leave in a basemen though.

hope I amuse some of you out there,

hope I pissed off some of you

hope you do see the irony in my post

hope you do see the truth

that is

Guns N' Roses rocks!

k now. thanks for the corrections.

they'll come in handy, sometime.

:thumbsup: for you being a Canadian.

well, now let me get back to what it matters:

GNR are moving up in the world

and just pass by Nickelback, ah Canadians also, but the music man!!! the music :thumbsdown: is as rock as an old cock.

but, nevertheless the nickelback boys have quite a reputation on being rock-stars famous that is,

and for the kids ya know!? popular, and liked by the mass-media and friends with everybody.

so what the fuck is wrong with the world

to give likes to a band like GNR that didn't do,

apparently nada (for some siliconpeople )

in the last 5 years or so, since this

fucked up social network appeared, that got people interested?

is it the music? nah! it couldn't be, 'cause GNR is not a music band, it's wrestlers team or something,

and they should get out in the ring more often and entertain us - the fans! they own us that much!

after all the money we put in there pockets, right Moreblack?

oh oh the atrocity! GNR still exist but it's not GNR man, no it's not,

it's a copy of a copy of a band, 'cause, at least if the 2002 line-up would have stayed, than that one you could have called it GNR,

so what that the "original" GNR got rid of a member just 3 years after their first album got out?

so what that another member quit the band in just 4 years after the release of the first album,

and about 2 months after the release of another major album, The double album of the band,

in full world tour while promoting that album? and thus in less than 4 years the band replaced 2 band members and added one, one which from then on, stood still, in the band. but yeah man GNR was GNR until... until the fatidic year of 1996 man, yeah man, that's when GNR stopped being GNR because, hell man, the guitar solo left man, left after putting out a solo record, and tour around the world a bit for it, grab some cash - wait, no man, he didn't he just enjoyed playing in front of people, who went because they knew him from GNR. and who, most of the times ask them selves: wait man, it seems that they are GNR but it's just the the singer is not red hair anymore and it's blond, and the voice just sucks man, but hey, with a bottle of booze you can make believe anything, right?!

yeap so, GNR wasn't GNR for sometime man, when, wtf!? it reaper in 2001 to sing a live show, and the fulls, the jack-ass-es and the gullible went on to see the show and had a full house for them, or a sold out show, but the fucks were misled in believing that GNR was GNR when it wasn't, 'cause no one knew by 2001 that the guys who put out the albums until then were all out of the band, except fort tha mother fucker of a singer, who kept the name for his own device, yeah man, the mother fucker did. can you imagine? the nerve? I mean if I was him and see all the people leaving the band, I'd just take a gun and shoot myself because I must be the one to blame, as I'm a bad member guy, and I don't know how to maintain a good band-relationship... there for I'm good for nothing, and just went solo, and re-call the band I started and I gave it the name, as My band, and thus the people would have liked me for it.

now, that was fun.

pretty soon I'll up-date this thread as GNR will pass 10mil of facebookers fans.

what is it with those people? it's not like GNR are the most communicative band are they?

I for one, just don't get it why people like GNR more than say U2 - the best band in the world - which by the way are touring right now, than Kings of Leon who are the shit man as a rock band right now, and I don't mean it any other way by but literary. than the Killers man who are they dancers or humans, shit knows man, but they are fed up with people talking about Led Zeppelin, like people would talk about it if not for that they put out great music!? and, yeah, people would not talk about them if they were really great? but they are not, they are just fill-ins.

well :shrugs: I don't know.

it must have been with the fact that all this people can coup with the idea that GNR creates great music while changing it's whole line-up, like a lizard changes skin, and thus remains alive and kicking. but, I'm not shore <_< as most likely these people are so stupid that they believe that the line-up is the same one as when they first heard about GNR on the radio and TV, about 20 years ago. and while they visit GNR Facebook page they don't know how to read and can see jack-shit about the current status of the band. who knows? B)

yes, I wrote all this because I have to much free time on my mind,

I'm lonely and sick - I really am.

don't leave in a basemen though.

hope I amuse some of you out there,

hope I pissed off some of you

hope you do see the irony in my post

hope you do see the truth

that is

Guns N' Roses rocks!

lolwut.jpg

GNR died a long time ago, but their legacy lives on. They don't have 9 million fans because of Fake GNR, no fucking way. Of Axl hadn't startet Fake GNR, they would still have the same amount of fans (maybe a couple of thousand less)

Just like the Beatles, who has 18 million fans on Facebook.

GNR died a long time ago, but their legacy lives on. They don't have 9 million fans because of Fake GNR, no fucking way. Of Axl hadn't startet Fake GNR, they would still have the same amount of fans (maybe a couple of thousand less)

Just like the Beatles, who has 18 million fans on Facebook.

Of course they don't have 10 million fans because of Fake GnR but I don't think that the fact that they got something like 5 million + more fans during the 2009-2010 tour was a complete coincidence either...

If you read the comments those fans make, they don't consist in "bring back slash" or "reunion please" most of the time.