Bumblefoot on uStream

SlashLP

No so far it's just "funny", some decent funny covers of Michael Jackson and David Bowie/Queen "Under Pressure". Once again self promotion for himself but can't blame him, it's very nice for his fans. I gotta admit I'm not fan at all, I'd just like to hear some GNR parts from the new song, guess we'll have to wait for the album, but I guess real "fans" will dig this.

Honestly never thought I'd say this, but I felt the G'NR fans in there were actually the worst part about last night.

Constant cat-calls for Estranged...So, Ron, being the great guy he is, plays a bit of the beginning along with the chorus/solo on guitar.

Not content, there are endless calls for Dead Horse, Coma, Don't Damn Me, etc...oh, and Estranged again, despite the fact that he'd said he had done it already.

Some moron was filling up line after line cutting and pasting their "General" request all night, while many more were just asking for SCOM or Patience(to which Ron would reply "Really?", although he did play a bit of both).

You have a rare chance to speak directly to a brilliant musician...Why request songs you can hear any time at every show?

Again, to his credit, Ron never lost his cool w/ anyone (with the exception of the "Dead Horse" person). The only thing he said was: "The weirder the request, the more likely I'll play the song."

So, again, many people would ask for Jungle or Perfect Crime.

All that being said, there were many people there filing some really great and fun requests, which was really the whole point.

The "Sanford and Son" theme was fantastic, and he did sound great playing bits of Scraped and TWAT, while the Catcher in the Rye stuff was beautiful.

Edited by oneway23

I think GNR fans are great, and you shouldn't despise them because I doubt much would know Bumblefoot without GNR. It's only fair that GNR fans asked for GNR songs isn't it?

To be honest I'm glad that we don't see more from Axl because I'd hate him to do that, I don't see the point of playing the way he did because it's a "comical" way of playing, there's no soul in this. And thank god that Bumble doesn't play the This I Love solo, I just couldn't take this song seriously if I pictured the Bumblefoot we saw yesterday.

But now that I think of it, Bumblefoot is like that blue alien in Dragon Ball Z, the god from the other world who teaches SonGoku about special techniques when he's dead. When SonGoku meets him he's like "who the hell is this guy, he's only making bad jokes", and then when Goku is fed up, finally do we see a more mature Blue Alien God who can do some amazing stuff.

Sounds like fun! Did anyone record this whole thing?

It'd be great to see, but truthfully, he hung around for about 4 hours, so I don't know how likely that'd be.

Thought my earlier post a bit too negative, so I wanted to point out some great musical highlights for those that missed.

- HEAPS of solo songs from Normal/Abnormal that he's never gotten a chance to play in front of fans before.

- Eye of the Tiger and The Final Coundown

- Van Halen's Eruption

- Loads of Ozzy, including many a full Randy Rhoads solo from memory

- Some Iron Maiden

- Soundgarden

- Sabbath/Dio w/ vocals..HA

Edited by oneway23

I thought it was fun to see people throw all sorts of songs at him, and he'd do it. He seemed to enjoy the Beatles stuff the most, but got a kick out of a lot of the requests. It's kind of like watching him do a workout. Ustream is better than what's on TV sometimes. I think Charlie Sheen made a lot of people aware of it, but kind of supplements Twitter and Facebook when a celeb wants to say something at that moment and doesn't feel like writing.

I think GNR fans are great, and you shouldn't despise them because I doubt much would know Bumblefoot without GNR. It's only fair that GNR fans asked for GNR songs isn't it?

Asking for something isn't the same as being so much ridiculous as some fans were yesterday. They were very very boring and faaaaaaar away from great. Just like BBA n' most of the haters are.

To be honest I'm glad that we don't see more from Axl because I'd hate him to do that, I don't see the point of playing the way he did because it's a "comical" way of playing, there's no soul in this. And thank god that Bumble doesn't play the This I Love solo, I just couldn't take this song seriously if I pictured the Bumblefoot we saw yesterday.

That's not comical, you didn't really get it. He had a guitar plugged in an amp and played some requests for fans and that's it. He isn't the kind of guy playing the lead or rhythm only, he plays the whole melody put together, just like he did with Don't Cry. He played the This I Love solo (Just like the SOD solo...) mixed with the rhythm behind it.

Oneway, he also played Eruption *backwards*, Flight of the Bumblebee, some RHCP, TV and movie themes, etc etc.

Edited by Bruno Poeys

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Bumblefoot is a fucking king. Anyone calling for "The General" is a moron (you know as well as I do they aren't his songs to play - at least for now).

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

That's not comical, you didn't really get it. He had a guitar plugged in an amp and played some requests for fans and that's it.

It was comical, let's not play on words, we had a good laugh, but it's not the way I perceive music. Music is very serious to me, very emotional, I didn't get any emotion yesterday. That being said, this guy is very talented and I'll take anything technical he can give on CD II, but other than that I'm not interested in the man himself.

As for the haters & other stuff, people like you overdefending everything aren't better either, let's respect everyone's belief.

The man of GNR is Axl, and no one else, and he's the only musician from GNR (current lineup) I'm really interested into with Tommy, Fortus and Ashba.

I think you're all being fooled a bit too easy, I don't think that a great man despises anyone or does anything he can to promote himself again & again and doesn't accept criticism. Maybe I'm an asshole for expressing my point of view, but I don't get a good vibe from BBF. I do get very good vibes from Ashba and Axl, I feel something genuine there, whereas with BBF, it's something that he tries to create but isn't there. He's talented nonetheless.

Edited by D..

This is the way he is, like it or not. He's been doing that with his fans for longer than you can imagine. I got lots of feelings yesterday - he played SEVERAL songs seriously, I mean... every note he played was meant to sound musical. If you don't like it, ok, but he's not the kind of guy looking at the TV, doing ridiculous faces while doing bends based on the pentatonic scale. If that's how you get the feel, I'm sorry, but you won't get BBF's music never. If you don't have room for humor in your music, well, that's you - some of the very best mixed humor with musicality to make timeless music (Zappa anyone?). His friend Mattias is also an amazing musician, one of the best guitarists of the new generation yet there's lots of humor in his music. Have you seen Ron and Govan playing together? They're always laughing, having fun and yet they are more musical than anyone out there doing "emotion" faces while bending out of tune and playing on the wrong key.

There's a big difference in criticizing someone and being an asshole, stalking band members and such. I think you know that already, but you want to bitch once again about it.