How disappointed will you be if Axl doesn't play new songs at Rock In Rio and announce a release date for CD II?

ITW 2012

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gunns5

I thin the concert itself will be great but I'm hoping axl drops some golden nuggets in his thankyou after the show

I thin the concert itself will be great but I'm hoping axl drops some golden nuggets in his thankyou after the show

Hopefully a mega-rant, RIR III was full of them! It has only been mini-rants since then!!

I know i miss the classic rants!

Activision, Azoff, the record label, MSL, they are all going to cop it!!!

it's been more than 10 years since Axl started this Chinese thing, it's been longer than anything GNR's done in the past in whatever form...

Axl just takes this stuff too seriously (does he?), it's not about writting the greates thing ever, it's not about being the best, it's about having fun and doing what it comes out naturally (let people , but Axl is boss and whatever he chosses to do is what is going to happen in GNR...

no matter what some folks here say., ChiDem is an ok album, whatever he would've chosen to release in a shorter period of time without over working on it, would've been rated either as that or better.. so what's the point?, spending ages writting "the best songs" doesn't work, is proven is a fact, so i guess Axl just wants to keep the ball on his side.. when he sees people are no longer interested, he will release something... imho he just wants to keep the GnR name interesting

Edited by dario27

How disappointed will you be if Axl doesn't play new songs at Rock In Rio and announce a release date for CD II? Ali, please don't post anything about Axl not owing us anything because it's not even about that.

Well, he doesn't owe us anything. It is about that. Sure, it would be nice if a new song was played. But, there is no reason to think that GN'R will. So, yeah, you can be disappointed. But, it's your own fault for setting yourself up for disappointment. I could understand the disappointment more if GN'R themselves said they would play new songs. But, that's not the case here. :shrugs:

Ali

I second that Ali. I get so sick of people expecting new material.

How disappointed will you be if Axl doesn't play new songs at Rock In Rio and announce a release date for CD II? Ali, please don't post anything about Axl not owing us anything because it's not even about that.

Well, he doesn't owe us anything. It is about that. Sure, it would be nice if a new song was played. But, there is no reason to think that GN'R will. So, yeah, you can be disappointed. But, it's your own fault for setting yourself up for disappointment. I could understand the disappointment more if GN'R themselves said they would play new songs. But, that's not the case here. :shrugs:

Ali

actually there is a reason to think that. they toured on 14 ''new'' songs in 2001-2002, 2006-2007 and 2009-2010. so yes, people are expecting something new now. it's what bands do

Ali

That's a pretty crazy comment.

Of course were going to expect new material, we shouldn't demand it or hate Axl for not delivering it when we feel it's needed like at Rio, but the least we can do is expect it..

I'm in the "Axl doesn't owe us anything" camp but I'm definitely not in the "Axl should fuck up rock in Rio and just play a normal setlist" camp

Ali

Of course were going to expect new material, we shouldn't demand it or hate Axl for not delivering it when we feel it's needed like at Rio, but the least we can do is expect it..

I'm in the "Axl doesn't owe us anything" camp but I'm definitely not in the "Axl should fuck up rock in Rio and just play a normal setlist" camp

Putting on a killer show,as usual is all you are guaranteed.Anything beyond that is a bonus,I'm stoked they are touring again.

the only thing i think is that axl's voice is gonna sound bad like every first show in 2001, 2002, 2006 and 2009.

they played the longest show ever in tokyo, we have soundboard recordings and the band was tight, only axl sounds awful. if only tokyo was like the 20th show instead one of the first 5

you get "sick of people expecting new material?" OF COURSE people are expecting new material, Axl himself confirmed there is at least another album's worth of material on the way. additionally, folks like bach and ashba have said there is records and records worth of even more material. so I don't think you should get your panties in a bunch because people are expecting to hear it. :rolleyes:

Edited by nambis

Putting on a killer show,as usual is all you are guaranteed.Anything beyond that is a bonus,I'm stoked they are touring again.

Yeah, I get that.

I'm really confused on this. One minute I'm like Axl's gotta bring something special to Rio just based on GNR's history there alone and next I couldn't really give a shit.

We'll see what happens.

The question is why NOT play something new

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

"Axl should fuck up rock in Rio and just play a normal setlist"

The only people who’ll see Rio as a “fuck up” if new material isn’t played are situated exclusively in the virtual community. Rio is an opportunity that will be fulfilled regardless of new songs being presented or not.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

The performance will be equally successful without new songs. The overwhelming majority of Rio goers are going to see Guns N’ Roses and their discography to date (Axl has always emphasised he operates only for the ticket payers).

the only thing i think is that axl's voice is gonna sound bad like every first show in 2001, 2002, 2006 and 2009.

they played the longest show ever in tokyo, we have soundboard recordings and the band was tight, only axl sounds awful. if only tokyo was like the 20th show instead one of the first 5

Hopefully he will be rehearsing.

The performance will be equally successful without new songs. The overwhelming majority of Rio goers are going to see Guns N’ Roses and their discography to date (Axl has always emphasised he operates only for the ticket payers).

Don't even try to say Rio is not the perfect show to début some new material and get some blood pumping into GNR again because I won't hear it

if they're gonna play anything new axl will be rehearsing, other than that it's only the band rehearsing

Ali

This new GN'R is living in the Slash, Robin, Buckethead past.. Fans have a right to see what this *new* band is about - new music is a must!

if they're gonna play anything new axl will be rehearsing, other than that it's only the band rehearsing

I meant as in warming up his voice so it isn't all mickey mouse.

Use Your Illusion started in South America (Rock in Rio II, 1991) and finished in South America (Buenos Aires, 1993).

Chinese Democracy started in South America (Rock in Rio III, 2001) and will finish in South America (Buenos Aires, 2011).

OK, ok, it wasn't actually the first concerts, but the first big concerts, the place where it was the actual premiere, where the songs were first shown to the whole world.

It's beatiful. So if it's gonna have a new era, it will start here.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Don't even try to say Rio is not the perfect show to début some new material and get some blood pumping into GNR again because I won't hear it

That isn’t the point – new songs aren’t a necessity and if Axl doesn’t present new material he won’t have “fucked up” Rio.

Well... Actually I would say he will have fucked Rio, yes sir.

:lol:

Rio = New songs, lots of demagogue speeches, emotion...

He knows that. He knows we know. And we know he knows we know. And he knows that too...

Well, if he doesn't know, I sent a message to Beta asking about something else, but I did include all this "new songs" things at the message, and how everyone is expecting new songs there, and she replied. She answered what I actually was asking, and didn't even talk about new songs, but she did read it. So yeah, now I'm sure they know.

Use Your Illusion started in South America (Rock in Rio II, 1991) and finished in South America (Buenos Aires, 1993).

Chinese Democracy started in South America (Rock in Rio III, 2001) and will finish in South America (Buenos Aires, 2011).

OK, ok, it wasn't actually the first concerts, but the first big concerts, the place where it was the actual premiere, where the songs were first shown to the whole world.

It's beatiful. So if it's gonna have a new era, it will start here.

I really hope Rio bring's a new era for Guns N' Roses.