How disappointed will you be if Axl doesn't play new songs at Rock In Rio and announce a release date for CD II?

ITW 2012

Considering DJ has yet to write and record anything with GNR I can't see that date being accurate. When you add that up with the buisness aspects, and other factors I can't see it happening that soon

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A deal is done for the band releasing CD2 the 11:th of october. The album has a totally different name though.

The project is currently in progress and has been worked on since the tour ended, the members are told to keep quiet not to blow the thing with leaks like it was done with CD.

Tell us what you know.

I will not do any claims of being an insider or certain about something - just passing a story on what I heard.

I happened to be on a garden-party with people from the music business a couple of weeks ago where I became involved in a discussion and someone claimed this. The man talking was pretty drunk, and I didn´t have time to find out if he was some kind of executive or involved in any record-company-thing of some sort. He looked like that, well dressed, but at the same time, pretty "rowdy" to the looks, tattooed, ear piercings and stuff.

Myself is an industry worker that happened to get invited by knowing some people, so I didn´t know almost any of the people there.

I am not the biggest of guns n roses fan either (I was when I was younger though), but I got a little curious about what the band has been doing lately and happened to end up here.

This man talking seemed to be pretty sure about his thing though, talking about the upcoming tour and how this record should be released and the things I tell in the first post. We didn´t meet more that evening.

Babelfish fail

There will be no announcement and highly unlikely there will be any new songs (unfortunately)!

Although i hope i'm wrong.

What i'd put money on hearing at Rio are some cryptic comments just before 'Sorry' related to managment, the new album, Irving Azoff , MSL, US touring or possibly the press!

I really think that until CD has been toured in the US Axl won't be finished with the current CD based set.

It would be amazing to have a few surprises though!

Edited by bangit

Considering DJ has yet to write and record anything with GNR I can't see that date being accurate. When you add that up with the buisness aspects, and other factors I can't see it happening that soon

heh

Axl has 30+ finished songs in the vault, man.

Finished can be debatable. As far as we know, based on interviews, DJ has not added anything to those songs. I can't see the point in releasing another album where current members of the band are overshadowed by Buckethead, who has not been in the band since 2004

heh

Axl has 30+ finished songs in the vault, man.

With vocals? I doubt it.

There's probably 100's of tracks all in need of lyrcis..

Don't even try to say Rio is not the perfect show to début some new material and get some blood pumping into GNR again because I won't hear it

That isn’t the point – new songs aren’t a necessity and if Axl doesn’t present new material he won’t have “fucked up” Rio.

At this point yes they are, it keeps the band fresh. I swear to god it's getting ridiculous now touring the same material since 99. The biggest New GNR defender can't even defend that.

Why even go back to SA 1 year later to the same spot with the same songs, what's the point? I would understand going to Rio just to play a one off that would be great, I even stated in the Rio thread before I was aware of the new dates in SA that it's cool if Rio is just for the fans because they made themselves heard and I wouldn't expect new material, but this is turning into a fully fledged tour. If GNR are not going with something fresh, well somebody got a smell of money.

I'm hoping for at least two new songs at Rio...

People seem to forget, for whatever reason, that it was reported Axl was working in the studio in New York during Feb 2010. Just throwing that out there...

I don't remember this. It was said that he was in NY ,but i can't remember anything about him being in a studio...

I'm hoping for at least two new songs at Rio...

People seem to forget, for whatever reason, that it was reported Axl was working in the studio in New York during Feb 2010. Just throwing that out there...

I don't remember this. It was said that he was in NY ,but i can't remember anything about him being in a studio...

There was an article about his partying in New York, it mentioned he'd hit a studio and "had something to prove" [regarding new material].

I'd be disappointed if there weren't *any* new songs being tried out in Rio. Being in front of a huge, supportive crowd seems like the perfect place to try things people haven't heard yet. But people clamoring for a new album release date or a BUNCH of new material are just setting their expectations too high.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

There was an article about his partying in New York, it mentioned he'd hit a studio and "had something to prove" [regarding new material].

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/music/new_york_hottest_party_boy_H44lJMpys5ISi02a7jB7hM

Another person who’s partied with Rose says he’s working on a new album after last year’s disappointing “Chinese Democracy” — the first Guns N’ Roses studio album in 15 years — and has something to prove.

Guest gunns5

At Rio, we need a medley of 3 new gnr songs, each going for 1 minute so it gives the fanbase a fucking taste of whats to come

Guest gunns5

At Rio, we need a medley of 3 new gnr songs, each going for 1 minute so it gives the fanbase a fucking taste of whats to come

I can't tell if you're kidding.

would you rather that or 20 second instrumentals of unreleased songs between the old songs?

would you rather that or 20 second instrumentals of unreleased songs between the old songs?

Why do I have to choose between two things that suck?

Guest gunns5

Why do I have to choose between two things that suck?

Welcome to gnr, they always do the things you least expect.

Edited by gunns5

A deal is done for the band releasing CD2 the 11:th of october. The album has a totally different name though.

The project is currently in progress and has been worked on since the tour ended, the members are told to keep quiet not to blow the thing with leaks like it was done with CD.

Tell us what you know.

I will not do any claims of being an insider or certain about something - just passing a story on what I heard.

I happened to be on a garden-party with people from the music business a couple of weeks ago where I became involved in a discussion and someone claimed this. The man talking was pretty drunk, and I didn´t have time to find out if he was some kind of executive or involved in any record-company-thing of some sort. He looked like that, well dressed, but at the same time, pretty "rowdy" to the looks, tattooed, ear piercings and stuff.

Myself is an industry worker that happened to get invited by knowing some people, so I didn´t know almost any of the people there.

I am not the biggest of guns n roses fan either (I was when I was younger though), but I got a little curious about what the band has been doing lately and happened to end up here.

This man talking seemed to be pretty sure about his thing though, talking about the upcoming tour and how this record should be released and the things I tell in the first post. We didn´t meet more that evening.

Did he tell you the name of the new record? If so, what was it?

Same bat time.......

Same bat time, 6 years later!! ;)

Guest gunns5

There is no way an album is coming out anytime soon. I am willing to get banned for a year if Axl releases a NEW album before January 1, 2012.

Dont tempt the moderators lol