People are obsessed with Guns n' Roses

saber_

Now that SOAD and Soundgarden are running around blowing people's minds it kinda makes GNR look stupid.

You've obviously not seen them live then, the piss all over SOAD and Soundgarden.

cmon seriously

Absolutely fucking kills those two bands, and I've seen all 3 of them live. Wonder how many you've seen, none?

There ain't no absolute about it. Its called expression. Not everything has to be black and white. Are you a Republican or something?

Now that SOAD and Soundgarden are running around blowing people's minds it kinda makes GNR look stupid.

You've obviously not seen them live then, the piss all over SOAD and Soundgarden.

cmon seriously

Absolutely fucking kills those two bands, and I've seen all 3 of them live. Wonder how many you've seen, none?

There ain't no absolute about it. Its called expression. Not everything has to be black and white. Are you a Republican or something?

Have you seen any of them live?

I have seen GNR, SOAD, and Soundgarden live here in Los Angeles and the Soundgarden show was the best of the three IMHO, although all of them put on great shows.

Edited by WhazUp

Ive seen SOAD, Soundgarden, Metallica, Black Sabbath, Ozzy, Nirvana, Motorhead, Pantera, Sepultura, Korn, Slipknot, Machinehead, Opeth, Hole, The Misfits, Slayer, Megadeth, Oasis, Iron Maiden, Green Day, Motley Crue, Kiss, Rage Against The Machine, Janes Addiction, Radiohead, The Strokes, The White Stripes, Snakepit, Velvet Revolver, Alice Cooper, Deep Purple, Ted Nugent, Faith No More, Smashing Pumpkins, Iggy Pop, Pulp, Blur, Snoop Dogg, New York Dolls, Foo Fighters, LA Guns, Extreme.

Among hundreds more including GNR 5 times and the best out of all of them has been The Pogues in Manchester.

point of arguement in another thread about not killing your self because of CD song , where cupcakes were arguing about what axl wrote on AFD..................... Slash said himself certain solos (SCOM) were axls idea , synth on paradise city , axls idea .................... hmmmm the album wouldnt be the same without Axl's ideas.

SUCK IT.

But to downplay slashs contributions to classic guns is just ridculous. Riffs on jungle, sweet child slashs idea. "Killer melodies" on estranged, slashes idea. Sixth best guitar solo of all time goes to slashs solos in november rain...I mean honestly, it is what it is today, but slashes guitar contributions to guns is what makes up about most of the nu guns shows (along with ALL the other classic members of course). There would not be as many asses in the seats if it weren't for that. Period.

Sweet child was a warm up , even Slash admits it was Axl's idea to use it.

not downplaying his talent but without Axl's input the album would be NO where close to what it is.

Fair enough. But the same could be said vice versa. Appetite arguably wouldn't have been anywhere near as good of an album without slash too.

how many guitarists have played slashs shit even better than he did , now imagine bon jovi or brett micheals singing out to get me. rofl-lol.gifrofl-lol.gifrofl-lol.gif

point of arguement in another thread about not killing your self because of CD song , where cupcakes were arguing about what axl wrote on AFD..................... Slash said himself certain solos (SCOM) were axls idea , synth on paradise city , axls idea .................... hmmmm the album wouldnt be the same without Axl's ideas.

SUCK IT.

:rofl-lol::thumbsup:

SUCK IT.

Slash still wrote the solos. Axl didn't sit down and play the notes for the guitar solo on piano and have Slash copy it on guitar. Slash wrote the solo.

AFD wouldn't be the same without ANYONES ideas from the classic 1987 lineup.

SUCK IT.

Slash still wrote the solos. Axl didn't sit down and play the notes for the guitar solo on piano and have Slash copy it on guitar. Slash wrote the solo.

Check out the end of November Rain, the piano is the same as the solo. Slash is nothing without Axl, which has been proven over and over again by Slash's terrible music career post GN'R. The true genius of old GN'R was Axl and Duff, check out Loaded's new album and tell me that aint so!

SUCK IT.

Check out the end of November Rain, the piano is the same as the solo. Slash is nothing without Axl, which has been proven over and over again by Slash's terrible music career post GN'R. The true genius of old GN'R was Axl and Duff, check out Loaded's new album and tell me that aint so!

The collective works of all them is what made old GNR great. And the basic melody of the NR outro solo maybe the same but the fast runs are all him. I know you may not like Slash to have been a contributing member of the band, and that's cool you are allowed to not like the guy, but he wasn't just a lame duck in the band. Like it or not he did contribute many things during the 1985-1994 timeframe and many, many people like what he brought to the band.

SUCK IT.

The collective works of all them is what made old GNR great. And the basic melody of the NR outro solo maybe the same but the fast runs are all him. I know you may not like Slash to have been a contributing member of the band, and that's cool you are allowed to not like the guy, but he wasn't just a lame duck in the band. Like it or not he did contribute many things during the 1985-1994 timeframe and many, many people like what he brought to the band.

You will never get these Axl fans to admit Slash was an important part of the songwriting process as their hatred for him colors their judgement........As far as they are concerned Axl wrote everything and Slash and the others were just there for the ride.....

once again , I admit Slash was important ................ but things he would of blown off , Axl implemented , making the album what it is.

I've noticed a lot of people who are obsessed with Guns n' Roses. Informal survey: are you one of them?

oh yes !!!

i was very obsessed with GNR in my teenage years in the late 80ies and early 90ies.

it was exciting to get informations an news about the band....i tried to get everything written in magazines

.........even if i knew, that the story was wrong :)

i remember the day when i taped the freddie mercury tribute concert on vhs because of gnr. this tape was holy :)

in these days, there was no internet and no youtube.

i was lucky to have cable tv and the world stopped turning, when i saw a gnr-video on mtv.

i don't have to say, that i followed the tour to different places in europe.

then it became quiet. i never expected to see gnr like they were in these days again.

today, i'm not obsessed anymore, but i still follow the things that the old and new members of gnr are doing.

i'm busy with my own life, but gnr is a tiny little part of it.

it was a sweet feeling listening to chi dem so many years later. i could feel a bit of the old days.

SUCK IT.

You will never get these Axl fans to admit Slash was an important part of the songwriting process as their hatred for him colors their judgement........As far as they are concerned Axl wrote everything and Slash and the others were just there for the ride.....

once again , I admit Slash was important ................ but things he would of blown off , Axl implemented , making the album what it is.

And vice a versa mate, I am sure Slash contributed things Axl would have blown off or not seen, but since none of us were there the argument is moot....

To claim Axl was the master chemist in the creation of AFD is rather silly as it was the contributions of all 5 members which made it the legendary album it became not any one member.........

did I claim Axl anything ? did I use the words master chemist ????????? no , don't put words in my (mouth) post , your trying to make what I'm saying into something else.

nice try though violin.gif

no , but the original gnr kicked ass for a while until someones ego went outa control .

Yeah,and he had to hotglue sequins all over his little hat at the fabulous Superbowl appearance to emphasise how big his head has gotten. :lol:

I used to be. Pearl Jam is the band I am really into now (BTW I saw Eddie Vedder tonight, it was fucking incredible). Pearl Jams music hits me on a personal level. Not to mention they play long sets, always change up the setlist, have a great fan club and fan club ticket oppurtunities, etc. But I will always have a special place in my heart for GNR, they were the first band I really got obsessed with.

I think of PJ the same way I think of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. Just guys who write good songs, put on a good show, and not all that full of themselves. Maybe it was different 20 years ago when they were dealing with fame and people wanted a piece of them way more, but they're all just guys who play music for a living and keep their sanity with side projects.

The members of GNR - everyone has their interactions with band members past and present on here, and it just seems like any other band where you might like one, not like the other, or because they didn't sign something for you, think they're dicks.

Obsession to me means stalking, and if I saw any of them out and about shopping or whatnot with their family, I'd be respectful of them being with their family and just give a nod or say a quick thanks for the music. The last thing anyone needs is drawing attention, but when I've seen someone famous doing their thing, it's always been very short. Because I've gotten the "what the fuck do you want, the answer's no, go away" look. And it's ALWAYS come from barely famous, D list celebrities.

The best thing to do with your obsession is to create something from it, use that inspiration in your life.

Not all songwriters write from personal experiences.

i used to be, but i'm tired of all the old band vs. new band shit. people are not focusing on the music any more, they're more focused on bashing either new guns or bashing the people that prefer old guns