KERRANG! - Greatest Rockstars In The World Today

star

Guns N'Roses don't get that many mentions in Kerrang! these days..

In the Lastest Issue of Kerrang!, Axl comes in at No.31 or No.30 (i can't remember) as Greatest Rockstar In The World Today..

They compare Slash and Axl as flip sides of a coin, mentioning how Axl embraces the rock n'roll cliche, by doing what he wants, and really doesn't care about anyone.

Else where in the Magazine there's another Guns N'Roses mention. This time its Slash. For his latest UK shows,

they award him / the band KKKKK. They mention beyond the 'character' how on form his guitar work is at the moment, and how good Myles Kennedy sounds compared to Axl Rose during the classic Guns N'Roses tunes, Slash and the band perform during the current tour.

1375new_244x325.jpg

Edited by star

Guns N'Roses don't get that many mentions in Kerrang! these days..

In the Lastest Issue of Kerrang!, Axl comes in at No.31 or No.30 (i can't remember) as Greatest Rockstar In The World Today..

They compare Slash and Axl as flip sides of a coin, mentioning how Axl embraces the rock n'roll cliche, by doing what he wants, and really doesn't care about anyone.

Else where in the Magazine there's another Guns N'Roses mention. This time its Slash. For his latest UK shows,

they award him / the band KKKKK. They mention beyond the 'character' how on form his guitar work is at the moment, and how good Myles Kennedy sounds compared to Axl Rose during the classic Guns N'Roses tunes, Slash and the band perform during the current tour.

1375new_244x325.jpg

Thinking about the negativity Kerrang has thrown out about GNR over the years, and looking at the cover of that magazine, I personally don't give a shit what Kerrang has to say about Axl or Guns. It's an massively overrated magazine anyways.

i think axl sounds like classic axl on most of the old hits (paradise, kohd, jungle) with the exception of sweet child and november rain which he sometimes struggles with

myles does an okay job on the guns songs (don't get me wrong, he's a great singer) but he's still nowhere near axl on these songs. they need raspy vocals which myles just can't provide.

his vocals on starlight and back from cali are amazing tho

hahaha Myles's a cool guy, lacks any kind of Rock N' Roll attitude and all, but has a great singing range. However, you just CANNOT say he sings the GnR tunes better than Axl. You can't. That's a sin. He sings the Slash stuff pretty great, he does well on some Velvet Revolver songs and all, but when he sings Nightrain, Civil War and My Michelle it's just not right.

Basically, it's "Myles and Slash cooperate with us media guys, they do their part, we do ours, fuck Axl and his band".

That's KERRANG! for ya :shrugs:

Basically, it's "Myles and Slash cooperate with us media guys, they do their part, we do ours, fuck Axl and his band".

That's KERRANG! for ya :shrugs:

You've understood the rock magazine system 100%.

My girlfriend works in there so I know how it works, she interviewed Slash last month on phone call and obviously the magazine is more keen on praising Slash than Axl because Axl won't do any interview, so until he resurfaces, they won't give him the #1 spot although he deserves it more than any other singer alive.

Off topic: she also met Duff in person and told me he was one of the greatest guys in the rock industry she's met so far, I was glad to hear this, I wish he was still in the band more than any of the current members to be honest.

Thanks OP for the post. Although I think Axl should rank higher. I wonder what all these people would say about the magazine if he would have came in at #1. Would the magazine be shit then.

yes since they put ''rockstars'' in their top 50 that shouldn't even be called rockstars

Kerrang's pretty bad nowadays, not much different to NME. Metal Hammer and Classic Rock Magazine are far better in my opinion. I also don't get how people think Myles is better than Axl, I mean I was AMAZED at Download last year when he was with Slash but then I saw Guns live and the Slash shows I've seen since pale in comparison. Axl is the best frontman around, no one comes close.

Kerrang's pretty bad nowadays, not much different to NME. Metal Hammer and Classic Rock Magazine are far better in my opinion. I also don't get how people think Myles is better than Axl, I mean I was AMAZED at Download last year when he was with Slash but then I saw Guns live and the Slash shows I've seen since pale in comparison. Axl is the best frontman around, no one comes close.

I don't buy Kerrang!, although I can't help but flick through it each week just to see whats going on. Each week there's page after page of 'bands' I've never heard of. Maybe it's always been that way. Maybe the current teen's are digging some of these bands. Maybe Rock / Metal is out of fashion, maybe it was never all that in fashion. I do wonder if we'll ever see again new bands that can match the might of the likes of Nirvana, Metallica, (what was) Guns N'Roses :shrugs:

I don't buy Kerrang!, although I can't help but flick through it each week just to see whats going on. Each week there's page after page of 'bands' I've never heard of. Maybe it's always been that way. Maybe the current teen's are digging some of these bands. Maybe Rock / Metal is out of fashion, maybe it was never all that in fashion. I do wonder if we'll ever see again new bands that can match the might of the likes of Nirvana, Metallica, (what was) Guns N'Roses :shrugs:

There are some great new bands out there but they get covered more in CR/MH than Kerrang!, I think that on the whole rock/metal has gone out of fashion in terms of the mainstream and whilst it arguably was never in the mainstream it would break the singles/albums charts and get radio airplay. I mean I can remember around 2001/2 there still being a fair amount of rock getting played on the radio.

I'm confused as to how in the fuck there is even a comparison between Myles and Axl. There isn't and there never will be. Myles doesn't even come close.

I'm confused as to how in the fuck there is even a comparison between Myles and Axl. There isn't and there never will be. Myles doesn't even come close.

I know! What has Myles done that has ever come close do what Axl did? Alter Bridge is a mediocre to 'likeable' rock band, he's done two songs with Slash, being only one of them good! The general media takes any oportunity they have to make Axl look bad...

Myles dosn't attempt to come close, he simply covers the songs. It's difficult to listen to GN'R songs without either Axl or Slash performing them. When when it comes to the Slash album songs, Myles sounds great :thumbsup:

Edited by star

Classic Rock is bunch of pussies and sell-outs. They were fairly objective and supportive towards Axl until they struck the deal for Slash solo record "Fan Pack" Since they they have been constantly trashing Axl for everything and making Slash look like some angel. They printed lies about Sweden Rock show, beacuse I was there and Guns N' Roses performance was amazing considering circumstances ( heavy, heavy storm) and sometimes ( 3-4 songs) you couldn't hear me singing but it was totally because of storm as next lyrics line was great. They also trashed him on several different occasions just becasue they have great business relationship with Sl$sh

Classic Rock is bunch of pussies and sell-outs. They were fairly objective and supportive towards Axl until they struck the deal for Slash solo record "Fan Pack" Since they they have been constantly trashing Axl for everything and making Slash look like some angel. They printed lies about Sweden Rock show, beacuse I was there and Guns N' Roses performance was amazing considering circumstances ( heavy, heavy storm) and sometimes ( 3-4 songs) you couldn't hear me singing but it was totally because of storm as next lyrics line was great. They also trashed him on several different occasions just becasue they have great business relationship with Sl$sh

Yeah, I used to like that magazine as well. I remember when they did a Axl vs the old band after they'd had a listen to the leaks. Axl beat VR in both rockstariness and songs (which is a pretty stupid contest to have, but it's what magazines do) and now all they do is give the guy shit. Fuck Classic Rock.

Edit: Forgot to mention that they're shitty writers as well. Think they're so goddamn cool the lot of them.

Edited by Funkadelic