OFFICIAL Orlando Florida 10/28/11 Show Info

Birk

So i am from Chicago, and just like the 2006 New York shows, i think there needs to be a Preparty, and being from Chicago anyone from the Orlando area as much info as possible..Hotel info, Airports, etc....

Unfortunately it looks like they Orlando and Miami shows are like 4hrs away, is that correct???

And who is going?

Guns N’ Roses booked for Oct. 28 show at Amway Center

After about 18 months of touring in every spot on the globe outside of the United States, Guns N’ Roses will be doing some U.S. dates this fall, including an Oct. 28 stop at the Amway Center. Nowadays, of course, Axl Rose is the only original member still in the band.

The U.S. trek, which will launch in Florida, will come on the heels of appearances at Brazil’s Rock In Rio and a 9-date tour across South America and Mexico.

Tickets — at $35, $45 and $75 will go on sale at 10 a.m. Sept. 9 at Ticketmaster outlets and the usual spots. (Buy tickets at amwaycenter.com, Amway Center box office, Ticketmaster retail locations, charge-by-phone at 800.745.3000 or at Ticketmaster.com.)

Edited by Birk

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, they're actually that far apart. Miami is the southern tip of Florida more or less, and Orlando is more mid-state. When I went down for Maiden in April, it was a 4 hour bus ride from Ft. Lauderdale to Tampa.

That blows, i would have to rent a car and drive 4hrs, that could be brutal....

Yes, they're actually that far apart. Miami is the southern tip of Florida more or less, and Orlando is more mid-state. When I went down for Maiden in April, it was a 4 hour bus ride from Ft. Lauderdale to Tampa.

That blows, i would have to rent a car and drive 4hrs, that could be brutal....

Whoa, no. The tri-rail might be of some assistance to you...It runs between three counties.

http://www.tri-rail.com/

Hmmm..Thank you, do you know anything if it goes from Orlando to Miami? I have about a week to figure this out. I dont know shit about Florida, and i dont even see an Orlando stop on that map...But if im reading that right it should only cost about $7 to take that train.

Amtrak goes from ORL to MIA, but the train ride is brutal, but cheap. And you can sleep on the train, but 6hrs, and arriving at 7pm? Thats pushing it.

$38.00

97 Silver Meteor

Departs: 1:10 PM

Sat Oct 29 2011

Orlando, FL (ORL)

Arrives: 6:55 PM

Sat Oct 29 2011

Miami, FL (MIA)

Duration: 5 hr, 45 min

About $100, but i dont want to have to take 3 planes in 2 days, may just be best to rent a car and enjoy the drive.

Shit maybe people can caravan or something...who knows

Catch a ride with msl, mabey he'll play you something interesting on his CD player on the ride. Heehee JK

lmao, i may just do the first show...it may be to much.

Never say that, you'll be glad you did both. Traveling for shows is always a blast IMO. Personally, I'd fly between Orlando and Miami, if you can catch an early flight, it'll make it much easier to get settled in at your hotel, get to a meet-up, etc.

coming from NC- I'm doin both- being on a weekend makes it soo much easier- flights r only lik $160 non-stop- have free place to stay- no way can just see them 1x when there's 2 shows 4 hrs apart! def renting a car-just 1 day so only like $30-40 -most of it looks highway so shouldnt b bad.

Edited by IRS2008

Actually its closer to 6 hours.

i will be at the orlando show with 10 people. orlando crowd could be rowdy and friendly to smoke environment at times. expect the crowd to be restless after axls late appearance...

going to miami too. it takes me 3 1/2- 4 hours tops for that drive.

Edited by wasteofammo

This article showed up on the Tampa Bay Times website:

Guns N' Roses coming to the Amway Center in Orlando

Hey, good news: Here's a huge concert that will never actually happen!

The Amway Center in Orlando has announced Guns N' Roses will perform in Orlando on Oct. 28. Tickets are $35, $45 and $75, and they'll go onsale via Ticketmaster on Sept. 9. (It's reportedly the second U.S. date on their calendar, along with an Oct. 29 gig at American Airlines Arena in Miami.)

But we'd just like to point out the obvious: Axl Rose is not the world's most reliable performer. In fact, if this show goes off without a hitch, we'll be more than a little shocked. Axl has a long, long history of concert cancellations. Yes, they managed to get through their 2006 concert at the St. Pete Times Forum intact -- but plenty of shows on their calendar that year did get killed.)

That said, if this show DOES come to fruition, we'll be interested to see the current lineup, which includes former Replacements bassist Tommy Stinson and longtime GNR keyboardist Dizzy Reed. And hey, Axl is Axl -- he's worth the price of admission all by himself.

We'll update you if GNR re-routes their tour to hit Tampa Bay instead.

-- Jay Cridlin, tbt*

So I replied with this:

2cgoobq.jpg

Roundtrip from Chicago is fucking $350, gotta be something cheaper than that...im just gonna do the 1st show and fly home the next day..im also going by myself, so hopefully some locals can set up a good bar around the area we can all meet up at...How is the neighborhood around there? Im assume its a walk in the park compared to Chicago...any info will help.

Anyone have any idea when GNR does soundcheck, i was hoping to try and catch them before the show if thats even possible...

i assume they will be flying into Orlando airport, hopefully there will be an after party somewhere for that Orlando show..

i would assume they do soundcheck early, but i have no clue.

This article showed up on the Tampa Bay Times website:

Guns N' Roses coming to the Amway Center in Orlando

Hey, good news: Here's a huge concert that will never actually happen!

The Amway Center in Orlando has announced Guns N' Roses will perform in Orlando on Oct. 28. Tickets are $35, $45 and $75, and they'll go onsale via Ticketmaster on Sept. 9. (It's reportedly the second U.S. date on their calendar, along with an Oct. 29 gig at American Airlines Arena in Miami.)

But we'd just like to point out the obvious: Axl Rose is not the world's most reliable performer. In fact, if this show goes off without a hitch, we'll be more than a little shocked. Axl has a long, long history of concert cancellations. Yes, they managed to get through their 2006 concert at the St. Pete Times Forum intact -- but plenty of shows on their calendar that year did get killed.)

That said, if this show DOES come to fruition, we'll be interested to see the current lineup, which includes former Replacements bassist Tommy Stinson and longtime GNR keyboardist Dizzy Reed. And hey, Axl is Axl -- he's worth the price of admission all by himself.

We'll update you if GNR re-routes their tour to hit Tampa Bay instead.

-- Jay Cridlin, tbt*

So I replied with this:

2cgoobq.jpg

Good man... Shit like that pisses me off !!!!