GN’R rehearsals update thread

Guest NGOG

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think for big shows axl has to turn up for rehearsals i think it is silly that he doesn't i mean come on you are meant to be a band ... act like it ?

This isn't your typical band though, Axl might be at 1 or 2 rehearsals but I doubt he rehearses much with the band, he probably emails them a list of songs they have to go through.

He wasn't there when guitarists Tried out for Fincks spot,

he travels seperately from the band to gigs and he has his own backstage setups (I.e YouTube vid from last year)

IMO he sees gnr as a strict on stage and physical album band , there's little interaction that goes on between axl + rest of band, from tommys interview saying he doesn't talk to Axl much and the others, it's clear playing the role of a band off stage is not one of Axl priorities.

I applaud the rest of the band for picking up the slack and doing side projects together so they can keep some chemistry in the off season but I guess a close nit well rehearsed band isn't on the A mans to do list.

For further proof of lack of Axl rehearsing with the band, look at the start of the past few tours, Axl. always starts off out of form and the band have to adjust to him, but after each show they get tighter and more polished.

If axl rehearsed with the band each time there were rehearsals, these weak starts would not occur.

Edited by gunns5

the words axl and rehearsals dont go together.

Eddie Trunk had an interview with Sebastian Bach in 2006. During that interview Sebastian called Axl when he and the band we're rehearsing for the Hammerstein shows. The band was rehearsing the song Nightrain when Axl got the phonecall. Later that evening Axl joined Sebastian in the Eddie Trunk studio.

the words axl and rehearsals dont go together.

Eddie Trunk had an interview with Sebastian Bach in 2006. During that interview Sebastian called Axl when he and the band we're rehearsing for the Hammerstein shows. The band was rehearsing the song Nightrain when Axl got the phonecall. Later that evening Axl joined Sebastian in the Eddie Trunk studio.

x2

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

During that interview Sebastian called Axl when he and the band we're rehearsing for the Hammerstein shows.

Axl shows up for rehearsals in advance of a big show, which means given Rio is imminent there is a significant possibility he’ll make an appearance next week.

He wasn't there when guitarists Tried out for Fincks spot,

he travels seperately from the band to gigs and he has his own backstage setups (I.e YouTube vid from last year)

IMO he sees gnr as a strict on stage and physical album band , there's little interaction that goes on between axl + rest of band, from tommys interview saying he doesn't talk to Axl much and the others, it's clear playing the role of a band off stage is not one of Axl priorities.

I applaud the rest of the band for picking up the slack and doing side projects together so they can keep some chemistry in the off season but I guess a close nit well rehearsed band isn't on the A mans to do list.

For further proof of lack of Axl rehearsing with the band, look at the start of the past few tours, Axl. always starts off out of form and the band have to adjust to him, but after each show they get tighter and more polished.

If axl rehearsed with the band each time there were rehearsals, these weak starts would not occur.

Axl should probably rehearse more but I don't agree with your statement about the interaction. Every member always has nothing but good things to say about Axl and GNR and didn't Izzy say the band is a lot tighter now than they used to be back in the day?

to be honest the more i think about it its probs for the best if axl was around it would probs end up in an argument its best they remain employees

Some of your statements make it seem like u have inside access to Axl and the band. You say Axl is acting childish and running the namd the wrong way. Have u talked to him and personaly seen outbursts of childish actions? Have members of the band told u that they don't like how the band rehearses? Are u part of the bands management team...or are u just friends with the guys?

I was asking you, so thanks for the explanation.

If that's the way Axl wants to run his band, and if the band members don't mind.....I guess they do what works best for them.

I'm not attacking you or your opinion. I just disagree with the childish comment. It is Axls band and he can run it as he sees fit. He has reached the age and experienced enough in music to do things the way he wants to. Not saying that is good or bad....or even if it is effective at all. I wouldn't use the world childish. I would say he does it his way.

I was asking you, so thanks for the explanation.

If that's the way Axl wants to run his band, and if the band members don't mind.....I guess they do what works best for them.

I'm not attacking you or your opinion. I just disagree with the childish comment. It is Axls band and he can run it as he sees fit. He has reached the age and experienced enough in music to do things the way he wants to. Not saying that is good or bad....or even if it is effective at all. I wouldn't use the world childish. I would say he does it his way.

maybe childish was the wrong word to use but like i say being a personal friend of rich and all i feel the dudes got so much talent and should be privileged enough to rehearse with axl

but hey who am i to judge ?

Ya, and I'm not saying it is the best way to do it. I wish they were rehearsing and writing together all of the time. Most bands can put out an album every 2-3 years and tour in the middle.

I think Axl is wasting away a ton of talent. His own and the potential this band has.