GN’R rehearsals update thread

Guest NGOG

i think for big shows axl has to turn up for rehearsals i think it is silly that he doesn't i mean come on you are meant to be a band ... act like it ?

I Remeber your face from MSL chats or something like that :xmasschef2:

thats me ! you was wearing a mask right?

yes man :xmasssanta:

good to see you again buddy

i think for big shows axl has to turn up for rehearsals i think it is silly that he doesn't i mean come on you are meant to be a band ... act like it ?

I Remeber your face from MSL chats or something like that :xmasschef2:

Yeah,I'm not 100% convinced this guy doesn't have an agenda,anybody can claim to have attatchments to GNR. The recent influx of troublemakers make me wary.

And the "childish" comment was bound to cause a reaction. <_<

i don't think

Fixed :xmasssanta:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bumblefoot

First rehearsal = chugging a bottle of Advil, playing sitting on a chair unable to get comfortable. Don't know if I'm able to do this.

36 min ago

Bumblefoot

Will try and get some physical therapy out here...

32 minutes ago

Sad to hear that. Hope he gets well soon, whether there's a concert planned or not. Permanten physical pain can fuck your life up for good.

I''m sure DJ and Fortus could take over most of the solo's and that would leave Ron to just play chords, they might not be as good at shredding as Ron but I'm sure they could make do. Ron doesn't do alot of the solo's on the older material just alot of the shredding on the newer stuff, so if it's a heavy appetite setlist which I assume it will then their isn't to much to worry about.

Ron will be missed, believe me. He played outside his hotel in Rio when the show was cancelled last year, it was all over the news. He's very cool and the most loved guitarist from the new line-up here in Brazil. Buckethead is the only who can replace him in time, but I really doubt.

Ron, get well, we love you here. See you in Rio!

=)

Ron doesn't do alot of the solo's on the older material just alot of the shredding on the newer stuff, so if it's a heavy appetite setlist which I assume it will then their isn't to much to worry about.

Yeah, he only does the main solos on :

-WTTJ

-SCOM

-November Rain

-YCBM

-Nightrain

[...]

And most Chinese Democracy solos...

Even though DJ has the most visibility and is the *star guitarist*, Bumble plays most of the lead parts...

If he can't make it, unless Axl has a plan B ( another main guitarist to replace him ) the tour won't happen.

Ron doesn't do alot of the solo's on the older material just alot of the shredding on the newer stuff, so if it's a heavy appetite setlist which I assume it will then their isn't to much to worry about.

Yeah, he only does the main solos on :

-WTTJ

-SCOM

-November Rain

-YCBM

-Nightrain

[...]

And most Chinese Democracy solos...

Even though DJ has the most visibility and is the *star guitarist*, Bumble plays most of the lead parts...

If he can't make it, unless Axl has a plan B ( another main guitarist to replace him ) the tour won't happen.

So true. Without Bumblefuck GNR is Bumblefucked. Why do you think Ron takes over the big SCOM solo from Ashba at the more difficult part? Ron can only be replaced by Bucket, he's that brilliant.

If BF cannot play, then they could always get Buckethead back, as to be fair, only Buckethead can play the Buckethead parts.

Just like only Robin can play the solo from This I Love, and Slash play the parts from the AFD / UYI tunes.

That would be the ultimate tour. Have Axl on vocals, and all members past and present jump on stage to perform their work. I can dream :D

Edited by star

That's gotta be tough on Ron. This is going a be a long tour outing, and he is in a lot of pain I honestly wouldn't blame him if he made the decision to stay behind. Nothing is worth risking your health for.

If the do need Bucket to fill in for Ron, my guess is that decision would have to be made fairly soon, as I'm sure he'd want to rehearse with the band a bit before Rio. We'll see.

There is a number of reasons why he will still do the tour:

- He is in pain BUT he still can play. Maybe he will not run around but he still can play. I'm sure that GNR camp could bring a therapist to help Ron during the tour.

- Its fuckin Rock in Rio, its the dream of every musician to play in there. He will not miss his only chance to play in there.

- If he doesnt tour, GNR is in big trouble.

- If he doesnt tour, his fans would be let down.

- If he doesnt tour, he most probably be permanent replaced (like brain).

Hope he is fine and enjoy this tour.

Guest ben9785

I was thinking it could just be a case of maybe taking the double neck guitar out of action to ease the pressure on his neck, or to sit out a few songs, but it is worse than that.. if you've got a disc in the back compressing onto the spine and screwing with the nerves going down into the arms.. he won't be able to get comfortable sitting down playing let alone trying to stand in one place.

I don't think this is the right circumstance to start wishing for Buckethead to replace Ron. The man has managed to survive a serious car accident but is still dealing with physical repercussions. I'm hoping he can get some relief for his own good, and even better if he's able to continue with GNR.

People, it was a bad day. He's performed after the accident... I understand you guys are concerned but I don't really think it's that much of a trouble... IF he needs to play sat down, let him play sat down... but my bet is he won't be turning down the tour. It might be the last tour in a while and GnR is his biggest income.

Bumblefoot

First rehearsal = chugging a bottle of Advil, playing sitting on a chair unable to get comfortable. Don't know if I'm able to do this.

36 min ago

Bumblefoot

32 minutes ago

Some body send me a ticket. Ill volunteer to be the tour chiropractor for this gig. Seriously this guy needs me....

Bumblefoot

36 min ago

Bumblefoot

32 minutes ago

Some body send me a ticket. Ill volunteer to be the tour chiropractor for this gig. Seriously this guy needs me....

Ha! Just replace the advil with vicodin and its all good!

I have faith in the bumble, he will tear rio to fucking shreds, I wanna see him playing the pink panther to 100,000+ people

Yes,the Bumblebeard is Inconquerable!

Ah, you're right, forgot about that. Even if Ron is in pain, he'll have no choice - THE BEARD will drag his sorry body on stage and make it rip the place. \o/