What you can say and What you can't say

D..

In the 80's and 90's, Axl wasn't afraid to say what he wanted to say. Looking back, he had fucking huge balls to talk like he did about some subjects.

You know I'm having a little success doing video games videos, and on my level, you can't speak about the other guys who do video games videos because people want you to be nice and clean, everyone tells you what you have to say or then you're gonna be blacklisted.

Imagine what it must be like when things get big, in the rock industry for instance, and particularly in the 90's with all those great bands.

Axl told it like it was and even dissed Cobain and Hetfield. WHO would do that except for Axl? He was the only one to do it, and he took HUGE fucking great risks looking back. It's fucking amazing.

Now, with the internet, I feel like the world has changed. The most obvious proof is youtube, if you look at Axl's rants, like the rants on Cobain or Hetfield, ignorants coming from everywhere are talking bad about Axl "who is he to judge geniuses like Cobain or Hetfield?". Imagine if internet existed back in the 90's, back when GNR was in the spotlight. Would the reactions of those moron youtubers have been the same?

Is the lack of communication from GNR responsible of those morons attitude on the internet? Or is the world more aware of everything and negative in general? I think it's a crucial question. I think it's why Axl won't say much now. I don't think he has lost his balls. I think he's very intelligent and knows that he must shut up because the world is too damn dangerous now, even for him.

Back when the internet didn't exist, you could still tell it like it is, but now, it's a world of hypocrites. It's impossible to say anything about anything really. This world is full of shit but I still believe we need Axl's rants. We need a man who can stand among these retarded youtubers and other nerds who can't do anything of their day but bash, bash and bash.

I'm sorry, this topic is poorly written, I'm quite tired but I hope you'll get my point. Peace. Love you all (most of anyway... even sunny)

Edited by D..

In the 80's and 90's, Axl wasn't afraid to say what he wanted to say. Looking back, he had fucking huge balls to talk like he did about some subjects.

You know I'm having a little success doing video games videos, and on my level, you can't speak about the other guys who do video games videos because people want you to be nice and clean, everyone tells you what you have to say or then you're gonna be blacklisted.

Imagine what it must be like when things get big, in the rock industry for instance, and particularly in the 90's with all those great bands.

Axl told it like it was and even dissed Cobain and Hetfield. WHO would do that except for Axl? He was the only one to do it, and he took HUGE fucking great risks looking back. It's fucking amazing.

Now, with the internet, I feel like the world has changed. The most obvious proof is youtube, if you look at Axl's rants, like the rants on Cobain or Hetfield, ignorants coming from everywhere are talking bad about Axl "who is he to judge geniuses like Cobain or Hetfield?". Imagine if internet existed back in the 90's, back when GNR was in the spotlight. Would the reactions of those moron youtubers have been the same?

Is the lack of communication from GNR responsible of those morons attitude on the internet? Or is the world more aware of everything and negative in general? I think it's a crucial question. I think it's why Axl won't say much now. I don't think he has lost his balls. I think he's very intelligent and knows that he must shut up because the world is too damn dangerous now, even for him.

Back when the internet didn't exist, you could still tell it like it is, but now, it's a world of hypocrites. It's impossible to say anything about anything really. This world is full of shit but I still believe we need Axl's rants. We need a man who can stand among these retarded youtubers and other nerds who can't do anything of their day but bash, bash and bash.

I'm sorry, this topic is poorly written, I'm quite tired but I hope you'll get my point. Peace. Love you all (most of anyway... even sunny)

Not Poorly written at all, he knows that everything he says will be twisted and examined under various biased microscopic lenses,looking for hidden meaning and other such tomfoolery,So why bother?

I don't see how someone defending Cobain or Hetfield is moronic though...

Defending them isn't the moronic part. The way they defend them is. They make te most immature remarks about Axl under the guise that they're doing their band justice.

I don't like what Metallica said about Axl/GN'R in their biography, but I'm not gonna go comment, "What does James know? He looks like a pigface that doesn't shower."

I'd instead say something like, "Eh, that's really tacky," or I wouldn't post at all.

There's a difference in my opinion.

Also, back then, a lot of what was said was quoted and spread by word of mouth, and then edited into a documentary years later. Once in a while you'd get a videotape of what happened at a show. Now people can put that stuff on You Tube while they're at the show. Sometimes the rants are funny, sometimes they're poor explanations as to why they were late.

The only problem with an on-stage rant is that half the people at the show can't understand WTF he's saying. At least put subtitles up on the screens.

Also wondering when he goes to RIR, if he does rant, can he now do it in Spanish...

Axl seems hyper sensitive to any perceived criticism so he completely shuts down or conducts phony interviews with De

thats pretty much how see it. also, I can see how people like the "rants", but they we're never a big deal to me, and be honest i kinda think they are stupid. Like a "look at me"/trolling shit"....and I don't just feel that way about Axl's, but musicians rants in general. Just seem kinda douchey...IDK

Also, back then, a lot of what was said was quoted and spread by word of mouth, and then edited into a documentary years later. Once in a while you'd get a videotape of what happened at a show. Now people can put that stuff on You Tube while they're at the show. Sometimes the rants are funny, sometimes they're poor explanations as to why they were late.

The only problem with an on-stage rant is that half the people at the show can't understand WTF he's saying. At least put subtitles up on the screens.

Also wondering when he goes to RIR, if he does rant, can he now do it in Spanish...

If he does, he'd be better off doing it in Portuguese! ;)