Do you hope the current band has success or that they fail.

Apollo

I just wish people like Sunny, young gun, and all the other morons would just go away or be banned.

The contribute nothing to this board other than ruining it for actual fans who aren't butthurt because slash isn't in the band anymore. I mean, look the two aforementioned posters' posting history. It's pathetic how much time they spend pissing in everyone's cheerios around here. Probably compensating for their failures in the real world.

I just wish people like Sunny, young gun, and all the other morons would just go away or be banned.

The contribute nothing to this board other than ruining it for actual fans who aren't butthurt because slash isn't in the band anymore. I mean, look the two aforementioned posters' posting history. It's pathetic how much time they spend pissing in everyone's cheerios around here. Probably compensating for their failures in the real world.

young gun isn't a hater, , but by saying that it would justify your attack on the forum members that choose to voice their frustrations and honest opinions on the band they love, instead of just being a blind sheep .

It's good that the band are touring again and hopefully Rio provides some insights as to what we can expect come 2011/2012, however there is no cause for celebration in regards to new material or any upcoming releases until Rio is out of the way first.

So we're all cautiously optimistic.

Looks like only one person so far wants them to fail. I guess they love the old band so much, they don't want the new band to ever become popular enough to challenge the old band's legacy. Weird.

Who? A lot of people in this thread have made somewhat ambiguous comments, and I don't recall anyone who came out and said they wanted the band to fail outright.

There's no simple yes or no answer to this question. If they start working as a proper band, writing, recording and RELEASING new music then yes I'm desperate for them to succeed. I really want Axl to prove people wrong and show that this lineup can work together and come up with something really special. It doesn't even have to be commercially successful it just has to show that the band are moving forward and becoming their own thing. If all we can expect is CD/Greatest Hits tour Mk (insert number here) and no new releases for the next decade or so then I hope they fail and fail hard!

Couldn't have said it better myself. I want the band to realize it's potential, and sometimes you gotta hit rock bottom in order to get back on track. Now I don't want them to hit rock bottom, but I also don't want another ten years the same as 1998-2008. There were some pretty lean years there, and thankfully it doesn't appear that we will go those really looooong stretches with no activity, but by the same token I don't expect the band to realize it's potential either. It'll be business as usual, only there will just be more consistent business. I guess when a band is past it's prime, with members approx. 50 years old, that's not so bad. But with all those lean years from 1994 to let's say 2006, it's hard not to want them to play a little catch up.

Some might call that being a hater. I call it being a fan with high expectations who wants to see his favorite band do great things. I can't say I've got a lot of respect for fans who think everything is peachy no matter what happens. I mean, what's that about? How can anyone take that seriously? I know there are people on the other end of the spectrum that are constantly negative. That's not cool either, though I can at least say they make valid arguments much of the time. But how about a little balance, both positive and negative? The band fucks up, say so. It does good, say so. In a nutshell I think the shows they've done are great and the songs are largely great. That's a lot. But I think just about everything else has been negative. Poor mixing, poor album launch, poor sequence of events (doing MTV when the band has nothing to promote), just altogether poor execution, which has done nothing but undermine the band's creative efforts. Wish Axl would take care of the music and leave the business end of things for those who are more qualified.

Axl & Co. will never be as big a Guns N'Roses

They will never write hits such as Paradise City, SCOM, November Rain..

Velvet Revolver, Loaded, Adler's Appetite(obviously) will never be as big as old GNR.

AC/DC will never write another Back in Black, Highway to Hell, Thunderstruck....

Iron Maiden will never write another Run to the Hills, Number of the Beast, The Trooper....

Aerosmith will never write another Dream On, Janie's Got a Gun, Dude....

I don't know this for sure because these bands haven't ended yet. Therefore, neither do you.

It safe to assume but you will never know. Two of the biggest hist form Aerosmith/Bon Jovi is dont wanna miss a thing and its my life, both came around year 2000!

If by success you mean bringing a new attention to GNR and reviving old fame, prrrrobably not. But I'd definitely consider it a success if they play all the shows to a more than decent turnout, the US hasn't seen a GNR tour in a few years, and if I'm not mistaken that last one before CD was released went fairly well so I'd expect this one to go well for them too. The word is definitely getting around, people have been asking me if I heard about the new GNR tour, its an exciting time.

Amen to this! Every last word.

Doesn't matter to me as long as Axl keeps making and releasing music.

This.

I want the band to have some success, as long as it needs it to get money to make an albums and go on the road (and the shows will be better if you can afford a better crew and interesting visuals). But other than that, why do I care? Hell, it's even worse if they hit big because it's harder for me to get a good ticket to a show. I get absolutely nothing out of the band selling an abnormally large number of CDs.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

GN’R’s “sizeability” is irrelevant. Justin Bieber is “big” but this doesn’t reduce my despise of his output.

Why? If I’m not mistaken a present GN’R lead guitarist is part of another project regularly producing appealing songs. There’s a significant possibility of a “hit”, therefore.

But again, “hits” are an irrelevance (so long as it “hits” with me and a sizeable proportion of the fan base Axl is successful).

GN’R’s “sizeability” is irrelevant. Justin Bieber is “big” but this doesn’t reduce my despise of his output.

Why? If I’m not mistaken a present GN’R lead guitarist is part of another project regularly producing appealing songs. There’s a significant possibility of a “hit”, therefore.

But again, “hits” are an irrelevance (so long as it “hits” with me and a sizeable proportion of the fan base Axl is successful).

Don't question his negativity.... he's so proud of it... :(

I think Axl is cool and I don't want him to fail. That being said, he more than deserves it if they do fail. They are touring off an album that is three years old, when they should have at least had a few new songs worked up to play live or at least a new upcoming album to hype. At this point, I don't feel like I'm seeing anything new, besides DJ Ashba. A lot of these people in the band have had nothing to do with Chinese Democracy. I saw them in 2006, it was great...but what is gonna be different this time? An Estranged cover? ok cool, I guess. Honestly, I have been listening to Appetite a lot in my car lately, and I don't know if I have the desire to go out of my way to listen to these same songs played with different guys, at this point. I kind of wish they were doing more to stay relevant. I'm kind of 50/50 on going at this point. The weird thing is, I would have been more into this a year ago, but I just feel like it is so late now.