Why is GN’R embarking on an extensive touring schedule with uncertain personnel?

Guest NGOG

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR
Car accident - busted stuff in my neck, constant pressure on spine, constant pain... should NOT be touring, but I am. Until I can't. And then I won't. Suck it. OK, back to packing........

Bumblefoot is clearly conveying a sense of pessimism regarding completing this tour given his medical situation.

Now is this a failure on management’s part in terms of stubbornness or has Bumblefoot not provided an accurate reflection of his injuries (and GN’R are under the impression he’s good to go)?

We cannot have a situation again whereby one player’s condition (i.e. Buckethead in 2004) foils the progression of the band.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I like Bumblefoot but if he’s physically unable this message should have been conveyed (directly) to management long ago in time for a competent replacement.

This is a big payday that he (likely?) wouldn't want to pass on...

Edit: and i'm sure management is well aware of his accident and have had their doctors evaluate. BBF was complaining about the pain before the rehearsals no?

Edited by Coma16

Seems like dude has one foot in and one foot out. Going by recent LiveStreams, seems to me that he'd rather be focusing all his attention on POC and producing her, but he can't pass up this huge payday.

I wouldn't be surprised if he bailed mid tour using his injury as his out. Not sure how his contract was written, but if he is legitimately injured perhaps Axl would still have to pay him for the tour (insurance)?

Perhaps, by making those statements he is setting the ball in motion.

*speculation only*

Edited by SunnyDRE

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Bumblefoot dropping these hints basically on the eve of a major tour is disappointing.

He should have been expressing these uncertainties months in advance and to management (not to Facebook in a pitiful attempt at garnering attention).

Either that or management itself isn’t ensuring this tour has the greatest chance of completion possible.

I feel for Ron since he's obviously in a lot of pain, but the fact is many of us have invested good money into seeing this band on this tour. I certainly hope they have a Plan B firmly in place if Bumble really does have to bail on the tour.

BBF has a weird sense of humour.

I like his tongue-in-cheek humour also, but this doesn't sound remotely funny, not even in a ironic way:

#bumblefoot

One thing I ask. Do not hug me. Do not touch me. My body isn't healing and hugging *hurts* now. Let me make any moves. Thanks.

Get well dude. :(

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I certainly hope they have a Plan B firmly in place if Bumble really does have to bail on the tour.

There’s a possibility they’ll scapegoat Bumblefoot to deter from a more implicit agenda not intent on completing the tour (like with Buckethead).

Realistically who other than Buckethead can do the job should Bumblefoot opt out at some point (which appears likely given his Facebook sentiments)? There’s too little time to draft in a new, perhaps standby figure (and we aren’t aware of such a move already happening).

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

All I know is that if I were going on a multi-million dollar tour outing with a guitarist who tells fans the week before the tour that he's in constant pain, can't be touched, and shouldn't be touring but will anyway until he can't, I'd maybe make a few phonecalls to at least put out feelers for a possible replacement.

But this is Guns N' Roses, and tours have been cancelled for less. :shrugs:

Edited by sofine11

Bumblefoot is trolling all of you. He knows how jumpy the gnr community is so he likes to fuck with you guys a lot.

He knows that someone will start another stupid thread which will degenerate into childish name calling.

Win for bbf.

I doubt that. Not because he doens't have the humour; I indeed really like how he plays sometimes with us. I hope you're right. Edit: Exactly, like the "Fuck Estranged" video :D

But I always seemed to me that he's very serious about important things - and in the end caring for the fans (including Bumblefoot fans, mind) seemed very important for him. Making a misleading joke once in a while is one thing, repeatedly lying that he's in pain just for funsies would be a completely other level. I can't see such malevolence in such a cool and caring guy.

Edited by Schwarzgold

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Bumblefoot is trolling all of you. He knows how jumpy the gnr community is so he likes to fuck with you guys a lot.

Well (assuming this is truth given your confidence) feigning the supposed disastrous consequences of a car accident and toying with the idea of eventually pulling out of a tour that means so much to a lot of people isn’t funny (it’s disgusting and lame).

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

When Buckethead quit, they found BF in no time, and BF simply did his best, and joined in while learning. If BF can work at that level i'm sure there's other musicians only to willing to full his spot. Just as Gilby filled in for Izzy. Sure they all have their own playing styles, but atleast they can all make a sound.

When Buckethead quit, they found BF in no time, and BF simply did his best, and joined in while learning. If BF can work at that level i'm sure there's other musicians only to willing to full his spot. Just as Gilby filled in for Izzy. Sure they all have their own playing styles, but atleast they can all make a sound.

2 years is "no time"?

2 years is "no time"?

Gilby had no time. When Adler broke his arm, they found a drummer in no time to fill in some gigs. Sure these fill in artist don't match up to the originals, but allow the show to keep going. Which is something. Over time, they get better.