Why is GN’R embarking on an extensive touring schedule with uncertain personnel?

Guest NGOG

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure he'll be fine during the shows, it's after the show that's gonna hurt once the adrenaline wears off. Hopefully he'll have painkillers, chiropractor, whatever.

that's where the alcohol can kick in to do it's job ;)

I have faith in the bumble

Although its GNR, so who the fuck knows... but don't all the sponsers and what not who invest in a tour, also require insurance, so I'm pretty sure the likes of Bumblefoot are insured and has to pass a medical before the tour can even commence.....so should be fine.

Then again, wouldn't surprise me one bit if the US leg for whatever reason is cancelled, everyone rips into Axl, and another few years float by. TBH .... it wont bother me either, plenty of other great bands producing stuff at the moment (despite popular opinion) that can hold my attention till Axl n' co figures out their shit.

For "fans", the lack of loyalty to members of this band astounds me all the time. Because there's a history attached with a lot of members seems to give some people a complex where they think they can pick and choose a line-up and just expeact that to happen. This is a man who's put in a shitload of work -predominantly for the fans- since joining the band. The man who damaged his hands replying to 600+ fan emails a day (proving he gives a shit). The man who brought Don't Cry back to the setlist and eventually got Axl to sing it. The man who went and performed an acoustic set with a clapped out guitar for fans because a tornado destroyed the stage... He gets injured and if you went to forums for ANY other band you'd be getting well-wishes, messages of encouragement etc. But with GNR? You get people saying "good" and that they could bring back his predecessor? A man who has absolutely no interest in Guns any more... I hate it when people's effort goes unappreciated. That man's going to be out there working his ass off, WITH INJURIES, and some people are asking "why?" Then he'll still get the same amount of shite that he always gets from fucknuggets like GNR-Dave (I know he's not here anymore but there are those of his ilk.)

Fuck's sake, MyGNR.

Thank you very much for that.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

But Rio is the most important one.

It’s important to have a consistent image and complete all dates to maximum potential.

We don’t want a guitar guitarist who might bail at some point conveyed on a global scale at Rio as GN’R’s lead guitarist (then several weeks later in the US we have some makeshift replacement and the bearded “lead guitarist” is gone).

I wouldnt worry to much here..GNR tours with some very fine chiropractors in their entourage...

Bumblefoot is going to incur some serious long term damage if he binges on chiropractors.

Another choice maybe is Robin. And wait before I get bashed... If Richard or Dj can do Bumble's parts. I wouldnt mind. I am sure and hoping that team GNR is thinking of all this like we are.

They really couldn’t handle the likes of Shackler’s. If Bumblefoot goes the future of tour is in question (they’re not going to get a similar player short term and Buckethead, according to Brain, is yet to patch up relations with Axl).

This is a man who's put in a shitload of work -predominantly for the fans- since joining the band. The man who damaged his hands replying to 600+ fan emails a day (proving he gives a shit). The man who brought Don't Cry back to the setlist and eventually got Axl to sing it. The man who went and performed an acoustic set with a clapped out guitar for fans because a tornado destroyed the stage... He gets injured and if you went to forums for ANY other band you'd be getting well-wishes, messages of encouragement etc. But with GNR? You get people saying "good" and that they could bring back his predecessor?

I’ve stressed I’m a fan of Bumblefoot (I’ve bought every 2011 single including instrumentals and will continue to do so).

But is touring with an effectively crocked guitarist sensible in terms of sustainability? Is there a standby guitarist? What is the thought process behind this?

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR