anybody changed their minds about attending the us tour?

Sonny Largo

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still in (Mpls) with extremely low expectations now. If nothing else it'll probably be a farewell to an idol. Unless he gets shit together (or reunites) I'm guessing this'll be it.

I'm from Winnipeg, and I was seriously considering coming down to Minneapolis for the show. But I dunno...I've seen Guns in Winnipeg in 06 and 10, and both times were AWESOME performances by Axl. Do I really wanna spend all that money to come and see Axl do this all over again? I'd rather not.

Maybe temptation will still get the best of me. I mean, Estranged last night was AMAZING. And I'd love to see that live someday.

ill sink down the ship with Axl and would never reconsider my ticket to the Detroit date. ESPECIALLY for a chance to hear Estranged live. I cant believe so many of you are jumping ship just off of last night

it was bad but it wasnt THAT bad. there have been worse memories in nugnr history.

and w/e, if Axl fades permanently we still have Slash's tours

Wow.

So I've been a die-hard supporter since 1987. But I'm not allowed to criticize a bad performance?

So let me get this straight. We can only praise, but never criticize. So you want all of us to be yes-men too? Is this turning into htgth2????

Somebody needed to tell Axl to get in vocal shape BEFORE the gig. Pretty simple and pretty common in the music business.

The band carried the show last night. Beta or somebody on the "inside" needs to tell Axl to release new music, and to write and record with the current band before they start leaving the band. Don't waste your talented singing ability....and don't waste what seems to ne a talented band.

Oooh, does that make me a hater now?

Still plan on going. I have tickets to Wlikes-Barre. I saw Axl in 2002 with the helium voice. I enjoyed it. If he sounds like that again, whatever. I go to concerts to enjoy the atmosphere, not to crtique the musicians. Yeah, his vocals at Rock in Rio sucked. It didn't look like very many of the people there were having a bad time.

Edited by JimMorrison4

Wow.

So I've been a die-hard supporter since 1987. But I'm not allowed to criticize a bad performance?

So let me get this straight. We can only praise, but never criticize. So you want all of us to be yes-men too? Is this turning into htgth2????

Somebody needed to tell Axl to get in vocal shape BEFORE the gig. Pretty simple and pretty common in the music business.

The band carried the show last night. Beta or somebody on the "inside" needs to tell Axl to release new music, and to write and record with the current band before they start leaving the band. Don't waste your talented singing ability....and don't waste what seems to ne a talented band.

I completely agree. I think the criticism that most post on this forum is out of disappointment, not because we want to see Axl fail or whatever. It's just disappointing to see what he does so often.

And it's not just like it was a bad performance. It was possibly the worst I've ever heard before. Maybe some of us don't want to spend $200 seeing the band if it's going to be so bad?

WOOH AXL IS HUMAN??? GTFO!

I am still in, I would not crucify a man based on one show, gimmie a fucking break.

I have never seen so many threads about one thing in my life, it is silly at best.

If things are good no one says shit, if things are bad holy fuck everyone has something to say.

Call me an ass kisser I honestly don't give a fuck

Was it Axl's finest moment? Absolutly not, but to create so much hate from one event is insane to me.

Like anything in life we have good days and we have bad days, in fact today I came home early cause I was having a bad day at work (maybe lack of sleep?) LOL

Anyway yes I plan on attending at least 1 US show when I can, attending is way beter than watching a video at home :thumbsup:

Me being a fan does not hinge on one show, or one thing.

My thoughts exactly. Everybody is so quick to jump ship after one mediocre show. Tour kickoffs are NEVER among the best shows of a tour, for any band. In fact, the only GN'R tour kickoff that I can actually remember being great is '06.

If anything, I'm more excited for Wilkes-Barre now.

I'm with you. I can't wait for Wilkes-Barre. It could be a kick-ass performance or maybe not so much. Either way, I'm excited to see them again.

why would any fan not want to go and see them. unfortunately im in the uk so i only get the chance to see them now and again who gives a flying fuck if he was shit last night i would still give my right arm to get to see guns play a live set again.

I was trying to buy tickets the day before, but got annoyed at ticketmaster because they kept giving me seats I didn't want. But after seeing the show last night, I will be waiting until the next couple of shows turn out before I pick up any tickets. I'm not going to pay to see what we saw last night. I saw them in 2002 and 2006, both times awesome events. Wanted to go last year, but had no chance.

GNR was getting better and better over the years.......................until last night. I've never felt this way before about the band, and I've been following super close since like 1998.

I`m surprised people are surprised about axls voice. it will get better again, like always....

No. Axl's voice was a bit pitchy for the four '09 shows, but still had the same overall tone for the rest of that tour. For this show, he's got Mickey Mouse back...not sure how he's going to completely lose that and sound like this which is fucking awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsbhd6nLLek&feature=related

If we had gotten this version of Axl I feel like Guns would be on top of the world.

He hasn't resorted to pretaped vocals yet.

if last night was any indication, maybe he fucking should.

Let's just pretend you never said that and move along.

let's pretend axl didn't fuck up.

let's pretend the years 1991 until right now didn't happen.

let's head over to htgth and bask in the glory of axl's return to greatness.

Wow.

No your now a cupcake with the rest of us cupcakes...how does it feel?

I can honestly say that the fandom by some if these posters is Mindboggling. They can't even admit when Axl screws up. And they go on personal attacks and huge rants if u say u didnt like the performance. Weird.

There are lots of things you can debate about Axl and his handling of the GnR name. But last nights performance? I suspect even Axl would say he wasn't happy with it.

Sunny had it right earlier in this thread---concerts are about the total experience.

That being said, I also agree that it was pretty much inexcusable to have so much time to prepare and not already be in shape vocally, physically, and mentally. It's not like he is working 9-5 at Target and then showing up to play Rock in Rio at 7:30.

Groghan is right in that being honest about a disappointing performance shouldn't get you rediculed.

Oh, Axl fucked up last night, and anyone who says otherwise is watching the computer screen sideways.

But to suggest that he lip sync? That's going far. Axl's voice last year was in top form. That's one of the main reasons last night was so disappointing. Axl's vocals on Chinese Democracy blow away his vocals on Appetite For Destruction, even. So why would anyone wanna pretend the past twenty years haven't happened?

Axl had a bad night. We have every right to criticize. Heck, Groghan's criticizing, and it's really nice to see, actually. But suggesting that he should lip sync is just going way far.

Ew, HTGTH...

Oh, Axl fucked up last night, and anyone who says otherwise is watching the computer screen sideways.

But to suggest that he lip sync? That's going far. Axl's voice last year was in top form. That's one of the main reasons last night was so disappointing. Axl's vocals on Chinese Democracy blow away his vocals on Appetite For Destruction, even. So why would anyone wanna pretend the past twenty years haven't happened?

Axl had a bad night. We have every right to criticize. Heck, Groghan's criticizing, and it's really nice to see, actually. But suggesting that he should lip sync is just going way far.

Ew, HTGTH...

i was mostly kidding. mostly.

Ew, HTGTH...

i was mostly kidding. mostly.

Couldn't tell. Cheers. :)