anybody changed their minds about attending the us tour?

Sonny Largo

He hasn't resorted to pretaped vocals yet.

if last night was any indication, maybe he fucking should.

Let's just pretend you never said that and move along.

let's pretend axl didn't fuck up.

let's pretend the years 1991 until right now didn't happen.

let's head over to htgth and bask in the glory of axl's return to greatness.

Oh, Axl fucked up last night, and anyone who says otherwise is watching the computer screen sideways.

But to suggest that he lip sync? That's going far. Axl's voice last year was in top form. That's one of the main reasons last night was so disappointing. Axl's vocals on Chinese Democracy blow away his vocals on Appetite For Destruction, even. So why would anyone wanna pretend the past twenty years haven't happened?

Axl had a bad night. We have every right to criticize. Heck, Groghan's criticizing, and it's really nice to see, actually. But suggesting that he should lip sync is just going way far.

Ew, HTGTH...

i was mostly kidding. mostly.

Couldn't tell. Cheers. :)

just frustrated. it pains me to think that the emperor has no clothes.

and no eyebrows. i mean, seriously, what the fuck happened to dude's eyebrows? :)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is frustrating. Axl has so much more potential than what was displayed last night. 2010 proved it. He just gets so damn lazy at times, it seems:

If 2010 Axl had been there, the show would've been exponentially better:

If they'd played new songs, it would've been the best show ever.

And I thought Axl did an excellent job on 3-4 songs. I loved the estranged, til and heavens door trio. And I'm one I'm the few who likes the high pitched voice.

But he was out of breath on the first song. And some of the vocals were brutal.

Thought the band was excellent. And yes, it always sounds better live compared to on tv.

Absolutely not..working on making a show myself, but i gotta see more bad reviews before i get turned off.

Axl Rose is never great the first couple of shows back realistically..hes just usually gone for so long, people overlook that cuz everyones so excited to have GNR back..

He'll be better as the tour rolls on

Absolutely not..working on making a show myself, but i gotta see more bad reviews before i get turned off.

Axl Rose is never great the first couple of shows back realistically..hes just usually gone for so long, people overlook that cuz everyones so excited to have GNR back..

That isn't true.

I saw the first show of Axls comeback, back in 2002 at the tacoma dome and Axl tore it up.

With your logic, why would people go to the first couple shows? Singers can get their voices ready, its just a matter if they chose to take the time to do it or not.

Some bands realize people pay a lot of money to see them, so they do everything they can to do the best show possible for their fans. The concept of the first few shows being rehearsels is something that isn't very common outside the GnR world.

A million people watching and 100,000 there live.....most singers would have put in a few extra hours of prep time. Hell, most would have actually rehearsed with their band.

why would any fan not want to go and see them. unfortunately im in the uk so i only get the chance to see them now and again who gives a flying fuck if he was shit last night i would still give my right arm to get to see guns play a live set again.

because rather than NYC, they are playing in East Rutherford and Camden NJ, not exactly hot spots, especially Camden, which is annually one of the most dangerous US Cities and only figures to be worse since they had to layoff half their cops last year - and since GnR refuses to take the stage at a resonable hour so fans that rely on public transportation can reasonably plan their return trip - I have absolutely no interest in going as the time to get to the venues and burden of the return trip far outweigh any benefit of seeing Axl and his band of merry men butcher my favorite GnR tunes.............

I'll happily wait till Slash and Myles come around after doing their album and catch them in NYC

:rofl-lol:

That isn't true.

I saw the first show of Axls comeback, back in 2002 at the tacoma dome and Axl tore it up.

Mickey Mouse 'tore' it up? The baggy track suit, XXL athletic jerseys, fake cornrows? That's tearing it up?

What the fuck is your problem? He was at the show and telling you how it was.

Besides 2002 had some classic shows like MSG, Boston etc....

and then came Philly, which was the show I was at - ironically enough, they were selling tickets to a 2nd, just added Philly show

My problem is that his voice was terrible in 2002 as was his look - aren't those the two frontman signature things?

Yeah, I didn't like his look back in 2002 either... But I loved the yellow raincoat/jacket this time!!

That isn't true.

Mickey Mouse 'tore' it up? The baggy track suit, XXL athletic jerseys, fake cornrows? That's tearing it up?

Hahah I did find this comment funny I must admit.

That isn't true.

Yes as a matter of fact. A singer's clothing, jersey and hair style are things that I do not concentrate on at a rock show. Maybe that stuff is important to you - but it isn't to me.

Vocally - yes, the show was awesome. All the reviews I read said the show was a great. You weren't there, I was in the front and second row. I'm basing my comments on the time I spent AT the show. Yours are based on the singer's weight, hairstyle and clothes he was wearing? HHmmm.

That isn't true.

What the fuck is your problem? He was at the show and telling you how it was.

Besides 2002 had some classic shows like MSG, Boston etc....

The MSG show was pretty fn sweeet! Have a bootleg of that show!

Was it Axl's finest moment? Absolutly not, but to create so much hate from one event is insane to me.

Put it in context...all the hate stems from the fact that this guy doesn't release new music (the stuff he did release was basically under protest), doesn't do interviews, pops up every couple years and shows a general disinterest towards everything. Had he been normal over the last 15 years, a bad show here and there wouldn't cause this kind of reaction. The dude is walking a razor thin line, now even with the hardcore fans...who have been his only remaining hope for a long time.

Axl doesn't owe you anything, apart from showing up for a gig that you bought a ticket for. Talk about a fan being entitled.

Edited by RichardNixon

That isn't true.

Yes as a matter of fact. A singer's clothing, jersey and hair style are things that I do not concentrate on at a rock show. Maybe that stuff is important to you - but it isn't to me.

Vocally - yes, the show was awesome. All the reviews I read said the show was a great. You weren't there, I was in the front and second row. I'm basing my comments on the time I spent AT the show. Yours are based on the singer's weight, hairstyle and clothes he was wearing? HHmmm.

Haha, great come back! :thumbsup:

I`m surprised people are surprised about axls voice. it will get better again, like always....

No. Axl's voice was a bit pitchy for the four '09 shows, but still had the same overall tone for the rest of that tour. For this show, he's got Mickey Mouse back...not sure how he's going to completely lose that and sound like this which is fucking awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsbhd6nLLek&feature=related

If we had gotten this version of Axl I feel like Guns would be on top of the world.

Jesus, man. Seeing this video and then replaying the Rio "Rocket Queen" depressed the shit out of me. I really hope I see/hear something closer to that '09.

I just don't understand the Mickey Mouse bullshit. It's hard to listen to. Check out the raspier performance of Rocket Queen in the embedded video and try to watch the Rio RQ performance. It's brutal. It's even more brutal when you're directly comparing it. I was eagerly awaiting their show and foregoing sleep to watch. But I was instantly embarrassed when my girlfriend came to watch with me and just had a "What the fuck is this bullshit?" expression on her face. Man.

I don't regret purchasing tickets for the US tour because he was awful at Rio. I regret it because I really don't wanna sit around for two hours then watch a two hour funeral. Because that's what it'll feel like if Axl shows up and sings (and forgets lyrics) like he did at Rio. The sound of a music hero dying.

People aren't angry because he was bad at Rio. People are disappointed. Disappointed because it was apparent he wasn't in shape and probably didn't rehearse much if at all. He *had* it as recently as a year ago.

You never see this guy with the band when the rest of them are interacting with fans and so forth. It's gonna be increasingly difficult to defend him. People LOVE Guns N' Roses. It means so much to so many of us but I feel like Axl himself is the one who keeps stifling the continued evolution/growth of this once powerful juggernaut.

I'll give Axl the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he was drunk. Maybe he was sick. Maybe the rain affected him. But that all sounds like excuses. I don't wanna hear someone who sounds like he inhaled helium out of a balloon. I wanna hear the guy the last couple years who's been fucking killing it. Bring back the rasp, goddamn it.

I've been waiting my entire life to see Axl Rose.

"Promise me you won't let them put out your fire." Chris Cornell

Edited by GnR Chris

Was it Axl's finest moment? Absolutly not, but to create so much hate from one event is insane to me.

Put it in context...all the hate stems from the fact that this guy doesn't release new music (the stuff he did release was basically under protest), doesn't do interviews, pops up every couple years and shows a general disinterest towards everything. Had he been normal over the last 15 years, a bad show here and there wouldn't cause this kind of reaction. The dude is walking a razor thin line, now even with the hardcore fans...who have been his only remaining hope for a long time.

Axl doesn't owe you anything, apart from showing up for a gig that you bought a ticket for. Talk about a fan being entitled.

After listening to Rock in Rio, he owes me and alot of others an apology, it was fucking embarassing. The dude's been lost for 15 years, when is he going to find his way?

You were at the gig?

After listening to Rock in Rio, he owes me and alot of others an apology, it was fucking embarassing. The dude's been lost for 15 years, when is he going to find his way?

You were at the gig?

HE saw it like everyone else. You didn't have to be in the crowd at the gig to see how terrible he was

You were at the gig?

HE saw it like everyone else. You didn't have to be in the crowd at the gig to see how terrible he was

So Axl owes you something for something you paid nothing for? That's stupid.

And what's with half of the fan base going full blown homo? I could understand all the whining if he was a she, but he's not, and most of you are guys.