GN'R comment on late starts etc

gunsguy

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pointless.

Axl Rose will go on stage late, like he absolutely always has. Since before a lot of the people on this board were even born.

So - deal with it.

It's been pointed out before that this is a fan forum, and it is focused on the new incarnation of the band (hence the 'former gunners' section.) It is, in fact, against the rules to bash the band. Either accept them as they are (you know, like a fan does) or just go away. At the very least, just go into the 'Anythnig Goes' section. The main forum should be for the members who are behaving the way the forum was designed for.

Of course, if we do that we're 'stuck up Axl's ass' or should 'go to that OTHER forum' right?

Pathetic.

So we are never allowed to have a negative view on anything the band does? We cant have different opinions in this section? We should all just follow them like blind sheep?

I know I havent been here lately, but when did this place turn into htgth?

Thanks for saying exactly what I knew you'd say.

I don't write the rules, but I'm a fan of this band. A fan doesn't talk about the singer being washed up and terrible and fat... why would he?

If you don't support the band, you aren't a fan.

and yes, you should totally have an outlet for your negative views... just not in the section that is supposed to be dedicated to fandom - because it doesn't fit the definition.

I've said several times before that there ought to be a completely separate section for negative talk. It's one thing to have a contrary opinion or to say something like "I liked this better" but it gets pretty ridiculous when 3/4 of posts are negative on a fan board.

It seems like it's simply an outlet for negative people. Well, fine, but that's not what I signed up for, isn't what the intent of the forum is and certainly doesn't do any good.

Freedom of speech is fine, but what's wrong with just doing it in a different place? Are you more important than someone else?

This IS the place to exercise that right

This is a "discussion" forum not the "only post positive things" forum. Discussion is well... discussing things with people who may have opposing opinions.

Fandom is NOT thinking 100 percent of everything Axl does is great - it's fans discussing and speaking their mind about the things Axl does. Sure respect and civil discussions are what should be happening, but people can disagree with what Axl is doing without being a "basher"

It seems that you are just lumping everything in the same boat. There is a clear difference between calling Axl fat while being disrespectful, and debating why people do not like the band going on late or criticizing the quality of a performance

Supporting the band does not mean you shouldn't say anything negative (on a "discussion" forum mind you). If that is what you are looking for (only praise and no differentiating opinions) than maybe internet forums are not for you.

Edited by WhazUp

late would imply they said they'd be on at a certain time?

They do, generally, have a showtime and they are always late.

But so what?

This isn't customer service.

lol

but that's just the venue printing stuff on the ticket? it's not like Axl said he'd be on at 8.30pm. thats what it said on my ticket. they were on at 9.45.

Pointless.

Axl Rose will go on stage late, like he absolutely always has. Since before a lot of the people on this board were even born.

So - deal with it.

It's been pointed out before that this is a fan forum, and it is focused on the new incarnation of the band (hence the 'former gunners' section.) It is, in fact, against the rules to bash the band. Either accept them as they are (you know, like a fan does) or just go away. At the very least, just go into the 'Anythnig Goes' section. The main forum should be for the members who are behaving the way the forum was designed for.

Of course, if we do that we're 'stuck up Axl's ass' or should 'go to that OTHER forum' right?

Pathetic.

So we are never allowed to have a negative view on anything the band does? We cant have different opinions in this section? We should all just follow them like blind sheep?

I don't write the rules, but I'm a fan of this band. A fan doesn't talk about the singer being washed up and terrible and fat... why would he?

and yes, you should totally have an outlet for your negative views... just not in the section that is supposed to be dedicated to fandom - because it doesn't fit the definition.

I've said several times before that there ought to be a completely separate section for negative talk. It's one thing to have a contrary opinion or to say something like "I liked this better" but it gets pretty ridiculous when 3/4 of posts are negative on a fan board.

It seems like it's simply an outlet for negative people. Well, fine, but that's not what I signed up for, isn't what the intent of the forum is and certainly doesn't do any good.

Freedom of speech is fine, but what's wrong with just doing it in a different place? Are you more important than someone else?

This is a "discussion" forum not the "only post positive things" forum. Discussion is well... discussing things with people who may have opposing opinions.

Fandom is NOT thinking 100 percent of everything Axl does is great - it's fans discussing and speaking their mind about the things Axl does. Sure respect and civil discussions are what should be happening, but people can disagree with what Axl is doing without being a "basher"

It seems that you are just lumping everything in the same boat. There is a clear difference between calling Axl fat while being disrespectful, and debating why people do not like the band going on late or criticizing the quality of a performance

Supporting the band does not mean you shouldn't say anything negative (on a "discussion" forum mind you). If that is what you are looking for (only praise and no differentiating opinions) than maybe internet forums are not for you.

I'm perfectly suited to use the internet, thanks.

Read what I said - I have no issue with discussion or the sharing of opinions.

Look at the example of bashing that i gave, which took precisely one click to find. There have been entire threads dedicated to calling Axl a fat slob. That's a discussion? That's within the rules?

Posters like the one I quoted - you can look through their histories and find barely anything other than snide, asshole comments. Why bother? it's not constructive, it's not entertaining, it's nothing other than upsetting to fans of the band - the people that Eric wanted to bring together by creating this forum.

I have been disappointed by things Axl and this band have done, sure, but it hasn't caused me to run around making asinine comments like the ones on here.

Also - to my main suggestion - what would be wrong with separating the crowds a little? There would still be 'main' forums, just a main forum for positive and a main forum for negative. The only detriment would be to the cupcakes who just want to cause arguments... and who really gives a shit about them?

Pointless.

So - deal with it.

Pathetic.

I think this is an absolutely arrogant and dichkeaded response from GNR. I've been a fan since around 1998 when I was 9 years old, and i've seen them live about 10 times, but i'm starting to lose respect after seeing how Axl treated the fans at Rio, and seeing this response which basically says "i don't give a fuck about the fans, if you don't like that don't come to my shows." i'm sorry Axl, you've written a few good songs but you're a fucking asshole. you're old, fat, your new music isn't that great, and you['re the laughing stock of the music industry.... you're certainly in no position to be acting like you're a king or something. :fuckyou:

This isn't bashing?

Im not saying people dont cross the line sometimes, but when Axl or whoever makes a post lkike the one they did on facebook, its going to get both negative and positive comments. I could see your point if most threads in this section were just bashing the band, but they arent. And I could say the same thiung to you, if threads like these where people are going to be devided bother you so much, then just dont click on them. Leave these threads be and just concentrate on the ones that will be mainly positive.

I just dont understand why when someone has a negative opinion or a dislike for something, they get bashed on by people who dont have a problem with it. They are called pussies and crybabies just because their lives dont allow them to live by Axls clock. Even his own fucking band get annoyed by his actions, and yet we are pussies for wanting them to play at a decent hour?

And people also like using the term "well you dont have to go, dont complain, just dont go". And while this is true, people still have a right to voice their displeasure. If Axl started charging 3,000 dollars for tickets to his show, you could say the same thing, but would people not have a right to complain about those ridiculous prices? Would they be called idiots and pussies for not forking out that much money for a ticket?

Look, I realise this situation will never change. Axl doesnt give a fuck what time he shows up to play, so it is a broken record at this point. However, that facebook post whoever made just ticked me off a little. A band/person I have supported since 1988 basically took a shit on the fans by saying that. His actions have always been pretty disrespectful, but to actually see him/them say that just wasnt cool. Which is why I will never be attending another GNR show. Its unfortunate, because I was so happy when they announced the halloween show close to me, but thats just how it is. And I feel a lot of fans will feel/do feel the same way. And when he is playing to half empty arenas he can only thank himself for that.

I wouldnt even be here if I didnt enjoy the band, I wouldnt waste my time. So dont give me that "your not a true fan" crap. This just happen to strike a cord with me (and others) and we decided to voice our displeasures. Nothing wrong with that.

Pointless.

So - deal with it.

Pathetic.

I'm perfectly suited to use the internet, thanks.

Read what I said - I have no issue with discussion or the sharing of opinions.

Look at the example of bashing that i gave, which took precisely one click to find. There have been entire threads dedicated to calling Axl a fat slob. That's a discussion? That's within the rules?

Posters like the one I quoted - you can look through their histories and find barely anything other than snide, asshole comments. Why bother? it's not constructive, it's not entertaining, it's nothing other than upsetting to fans of the band - the people that Eric wanted to bring together by creating this forum.

I have been disappointed by things Axl and this band have done, sure, but it hasn't caused me to run around making asinine comments like the ones on here.

Also - to my main suggestion - what would be wrong with separating the crowds a little? There would still be 'main' forums, just a main forum for positive and a main forum for negative. The only detriment would be to the cupcakes who just want to cause arguments... and who really gives a shit about them?

But this comletely contradicts your actions in this topic. People are offering their own opinion (and being respectful) about GNR coming on late and you came on and starting this whole argument in the middle of it saying that "if you don't like what time he goes on then leave" - which would in effect ruin the discussion aspect of this entire topic (and this is in the "DISCUSSION and news" forum). People here have been offering their views - both good and bad - in a rescectful way (and by no means is "bashing" the band) but based on your posts you don't even like it when anyone has something to say that is considered "negative"

People here have not been bashing the band and your critique of what is going on versus what you post completely contradict each other

Edited by WhazUp

But this comletely contradicts your actions in this topic. People are offering their own opinion (and being respectful) about GNR coming on late and you came on and starting this whole argument in the middle of it saying that "if you don't like what time he goes on then leave" - which would in effect ruin the discussion aspect of this entire topic (and this is in the "DISCUSSION and news" forum). People here have been offering their views - both good and bad - in a rescectful way (and by no means is "bashing" the band) but based on your posts you don't even like it when anyone has something to say that is considered "negative"

People here have not been bashing the band and your critique of what is going on versus what you post completely contradict each other

No contradiction at all. You can discuss something without insulting it, and I've already pointed out one example of insulting/bashing in this very thread with minimal effort... so saying it wasn't happening is simply not true.

Edited by Used To Love Me

Pointless.

So - deal with it.

Pathetic.

I think this is an absolutely arrogant and dichkeaded response from GNR. I've been a fan since around 1998 when I was 9 years old, and i've seen them live about 10 times, but i'm starting to lose respect after seeing how Axl treated the fans at Rio, and seeing this response which basically says "i don't give a fuck about the fans, if you don't like that don't come to my shows." i'm sorry Axl, you've written a few good songs but you're a fucking asshole. you're old, fat, your new music isn't that great, and you['re the laughing stock of the music industry.... you're certainly in no position to be acting like you're a king or something. :fuckyou:

This isn't bashing?

Im not saying people dont cross the line sometimes, but when Axl or whoever makes a post lkike the one they did on facebook, its going to get both negative and positive comments. I could see your point if most threads in this section were just bashing the band, but they arent. And I could say the same thiung to you, if threads like these where people are going to be devided bother you so much, then just dont click on them. Leave these threads be and just concentrate on the ones that will be mainly positive.

I just dont understand why when someone has a negative opinion or a dislike for something, they get bashed on by people who dont have a problem with it. They are called pussies and crybabies just because their lives dont allow them to live by Axls clock. Even his own fucking band get annoyed by his actions, and yet we are pussies for wanting them to play at a decent hour?

And people also like using the term "well you dont have to go, dont complain, just dont go". And while this is true, people still have a right to voice their displeasure. If Axl started charging 3,000 dollars for tickets to his show, you could say the same thing, but would people not have a right to complain about those ridiculous prices? Would they be called idiots and pussies for not forking out that much money for a ticket?

Look, I realise this situation will never change. Axl doesnt give a fuck what time he shows up to play, so it is a broken record at this point. However, that facebook post whoever made just ticked me off a little. A band/person I have supported since 1988 basically took a shit on the fans by saying that. His actions have always been pretty disrespectful, but to actually see him/them say that just wasnt cool. Which is why I will never be attending another GNR show. Its unfortunate, because I was so happy when they announced the halloween show close to me, but thats just how it is. And I feel a lot of fans will feel/do feel the same way. And when he is playing to half empty arenas he can only thank himself for that.

I wouldnt even be here if I didnt enjoy the band, I wouldnt waste my time. So dont give me that "your not a true fan" crap. This just happen to strike a cord with me (and others) and we decided to voice our displeasures. Nothing wrong with that.

As for being displeased by the band's actions - it is my opinion that, at this point, being late and giving rants is part of this band's m.o. If you aren't ok with it, then no, you aren't a fan. You like the music and some of the other aspects of them that suit you, but not them as a whole.

You contradict yourself right here. This post basically says "its ok to disagree with what the band does, but its not ok to disagree with the band does". It implies one thing than the next sentence goes off and says another. The mindset that fans aren't allowed to not be ok with late starts is just completely off the mark

Being a fan is about THE MUSIC. If you enjoy the music and support the band than you are a fan. Its ok to not like the late starts while still being supportive

Edited by WhazUp

As for being displeased by the band's actions - it is my opinion that, at this point, being late and giving rants is part of this band's m.o. If you aren't ok with it, then no, you aren't a fan. You like the music and some of the other aspects of them that suit you, but not them as a whole.

haha, so if you dont like every single aspect of the band you arent a fan? That makes no sense. So I guess if you happen to not like one of GNRs songs, you must not be a fan either? Thats just silly. There is nothing about being criticle of as band you enjoy that means you arent a fan. If you bash 99% of what they do, then you arent a fan, but me not liking the fact that they hit the stage 3 hours later than their scheduled times does not make me not a fan, thats just stupid to say. You are right about it being their m.o., and you either accept it or you dont, but you dont have to accept it to be a fucking fan of the band. It just is what it is, some people it doesnt bother, others it does.

And overall I get the point you are trying to make, but I just think you picked the wrong thread to make your point in. Most of the posts in this thread are respectful to the discussion, and you picking out some random post by someone doesnt change that. You should have made your point in a thread titled "axl is a fat slob", that would have been more appropriate. Not a thread like this that is in response to something Axl/company said on facebook.

You contradict yourself right here. This post basically says "its ok to disagree with what the band does, but its not ok to disagree with the band does". It implies one thing than the next sentence goes off and says another. The mindset that fans aren't allowed to not be ok with late starts is just completely off the mark

Being a fan is about THE MUSIC. If you enjoy the music and support the band than you are a fan. Its ok to not like the late starts while still being supportive

You don't see a difference between "discussing positives and negatives" and "calling Axl Rose a fat bastard and shitting on everything he does?" Really?

Again, I showed an example of what i was talking about. The normal discussions of preference do not fall into the range I was describing. No contradiction.

Once more, for emphasis, this isn't about my opinion. This is what the rule is. This is what, with the exception of cupcakes, people allegedly signed up for when they agreed to the terms of the forum. Disagreement does not have to be disrespectful.

Also, to the people saying that some of the tickets dont list a time so the show can start whenever. If that were true, then why do GNR get fined for going over curfew so much? They obviously give the venue a time, and seem to pay fines it seems like every other show for being late.

haha, so if you dont like every single aspect of the band you arent a fan? That makes no sense. So I guess if you happen to not like one of GNRs songs, you must not be a fan either? Thats just silly. There is nothing about being criticle of as band you enjoy that means you arent a fan. If you bash 99% of what they do, then you arent a fan, but me not liking the fact that they hit the stage 3 hours later than their scheduled times does not make me not a fan, thats just stupid to say. You are right about it being their m.o., and you either accept it or you dont, but you dont have to accept it to be a fucking fan of the band. It just is what it is, some people it doesnt bother, others it does.

And overall I get the point you are trying to make, but I just think you picked the wrong thread to make your point in. Most of the posts in this thread are respectful to the discussion, and you picking out some random post by someone doesnt change that. You should have made your point in a thread titled "axl is a fat slob", that would have been more appropriate. Not a thread like this that is in response to something Axl/company said on facebook.

Yeah, that's precisely what I said. If you don't like one thing you don't like anything. It's almost verbatim. </sarcasm>

It doesn't take anyone more than 30 seconds to find a nasty, shitty comment in ANY thread... THAT's what I'm referring to. Reading this thread is no different, and it is th eone i was reading when I felt compelled to respond to it this time (and it isn't the first time I've brought it up.)

Also, to the people saying that some of the tickets dont list a time so the show can start whenever. If that were true, then why do GNR get fined for going over curfew so much? They obviously give the venue a time, and seem to pay fines it seems like every other show for being late.

I've never heard Axl complain about paying those fines, he's obviously okay with it.

You don't see a difference between "discussing positives and negatives" and "calling Axl Rose a fat bastard and shitting on everything he does?" Really?

Again, I showed an example of what i was talking about. The normal discussions of preference do not fall into the range I was describing. No contradiction.

Once more, for emphasis, this isn't about my opinion. This is what the rule is. This is what, with the exception of cupcakes, people allegedly signed up for when they agreed to the terms of the forum. Disagreement does not have to be disrespectful.

This topic, for the most part, has been respectful and people just happen to not like late starts. Here is a quote from an earlier post you made:

If you aren't ok with it, then no, you aren't a fan

Your posts initially made were about the late starts: you said things like "get over it" and other things that have absolutely nothing to do with the people that call Axl fat and who are the true "cupcakes".

The posts you made clearly outline the mindset that if you are not ok with late starts than you are not a fan - hell you posted that almost verbatim. But here is the thing: the people who respectfully do not appreciate late starts are not the enemy. They ARE fans, they just don't like the late starts and talk about it here. And thus, a discussion is started - which is well within the rules of the board (and is the entire foundation of internet forums)

You make valid points regarding the people who do nothing but say shit like "Axl is fat". But that is an entirely different issue than what is going on here in this topic, and should be posted elsewhere where it is more appropriate. In this topic you started off with the attitude that "anyone who doesn't like late starts is not a fan" and that completely misses the mark of what fans truly are

Not liking late starts does not negate a person's enjoyment and support of the band. A fan does not have to agree with everything the band does, late starts included - they are still fans.

Edited by WhazUp

Yeah, that's precisely what I said. If you don't like one thing you don't like anything. It's almost verbatim. </sarcasm>

it is my opinion that, at this point, being late and giving rants is part of this band's m.o. If you aren't ok with it, then no, you aren't a fan

Thats exactly what you said ^^

I've never heard Axl complain about paying those fines, he's obviously okay with it.

You missed my point completely. My point is, some people are saying since your ticket doesnt give an exact time, that means that Guns can come on whenever they want to, and its all good. Well, thats clearly not the case, because they have given the venues times, and im assuming its between 8 and 9, like most places are. So people cant use that excuse that the band lets everyone know ahead of time that they will show up whenever.

it is my opinion that, at this point, being late and giving rants is part of this band's m.o. If you aren't ok with it, then no, you aren't a fan

You missed my point completely. My point is, some people are saying since your ticket doesnt give an exact time, that means that Guns can come on whenever they want to, and its all good. Well, thats clearly not the case, because they have given the venues times, and im assuming its between 8 and 9, like most places are. So people cant use that excuse that the band lets everyone know ahead of time that they will show up whenever.

Jesus...

If you aren't okay with something that is a staple of a band, you aren't really much of a fan of them. This is completely different than saying if you dislike a certain song you aren't a fan, which was the comparison drawn.

Are we ok on this now? Do you understand what i meant yet?

As for the second point - the time frame is more than likely assigned by the promoter/venue. This does not mean than the performer wants to go on at said time. If you want to look at it as an employment scenario, sure, he's late. He is punished accordingly with fines and he pays them without argument, BECAUSE he would rather go on late than have the money. So here's the scenario - Axl and co. are going to perform at a certain time, and you are welcome to be there for it. They will play their asses off for those who do, because they appreciate them.

You don't like it, it's not for you, you can't schedule it... fine. Nobody is mad at you for it, you are not in any detriment as a result, and somebody else will more than likely take your spot. No harm, no foul. Stay home, read the forum, watch the YouTube videos, get your fix that way. You don't get to make the schedule, the performer does, because he's the one doing the work.

Jesus...

If you aren't okay with something that is a staple of a band, you aren't really much of a fan of them. This is completely different than saying if you dislike a certain song you aren't a fan, which was the comparison drawn.

IMO the logic behind this statement completely misses the mark of what is involved in being a fan

A fan is someone who enjoys the music and loves the band. That doesn't mean that they have to like what time they take the stage. It completely baffles me (and apparently other members here) how anyone can say they are not fans because they simply do not appreciate the time the band takes the stage

You can buy all of the records, buy memorabilia, love the band and the music, but if you do not like the time they go on stage you are instantly not a fan? :rofl-lol:

Edited by WhazUp

This is going nowhere. Just because that is some silly "staple of the band" thing doesnt mean I have to like it or im not a fan. If Axl pulled his cock out every show and jacked off on the front row, would I not be a fan because it is a "staple of the band" and I didnt like it, and something they are known for? That just makes no sense.

All I have to say is show up at your job two hours late everyday and let us know how that works out for you. Think your boss would be fine with that? And people are calling us pussies and crybabies and whiners because we cant take time off work to stay up until 4 in the morning, or find baby sitters, and so on. Read through this thread, a lot of people blame us for not being able to adjust our schedule as opposed to blaming Axl for not beinbg able to go onstage at a reasonable hour.

Im tired of debating this. Its never going to change so why bother. This band may remain successful in other countries, but in the United States if they keep pulling this shit this will be their last tour here, I can promise you that.

Edited by mahimahi

i was the one you quoted. maybe you should have actually read through my posts before you started running your mouth like you know what the fuck you're talking about. that was the FIRST negative thing that i've ever posted on these forums about the band... so go fuck yourself, dickwad. :fuckyou:

and i'm sorry if you think it's "bashing," but at the end of the day i'm just trying to put Axl's attitude at Rio and in that facebook message in perspective. :rolleyes:

Edited by nambis

Jesus...

IMO the logic behind this statement completely misses the mark of what is involved in being a fan

A fan is someone who enjoys the music and loves the band. That doesn't mean that they have to like what time they take the stage. It completely baffles me (and apparently other members here) how anyone can say they are not fans because they simply do not appreciate the time the band takes the stage

You can buy all of the records, buy memorabilia, love the band and the music, but if you do not like the time they go on stage you are instantly not a fan? :rofl-lol:

Clearly not as a whole - at least not in the sense of a 'fan' (from 'fanatic') who would want to be involved in a discussion forum on the subject. Casual fan, sure. Again, though, it's not really about it being just 'one thing.' Simply put, saying "aw man, I love the music this band makes but I don't want to stay up late and see them live" is perfectly reasonable. I don't doubt that both you and mahimahi are fans of the band and the music. I doubt that people who show up here just to drop turds like "fuck this disrespecful shit, etc etc etc." - that isn't fandom. I don't really see how it could be.

I have never met anyone who loves the music of GNR, buys their shit, gets the merchandise, etc. and is overall just REALLY into them that has such a major issue with late starts that they would say something along those lines.

i was the one you quoted. maybe you should have actually read through my posts before you started running your mouth like you know what the fuck you're talking about. that was the FIRST negative thing that i've ever posted on these forums about the band... so go fuck yourself, dickwad. :fuckyou:

and i'm sorry if you think it's "bashing," but at the end of the day i'm just trying to put Axl's attitude at Rio and in that facebook message in perspective. :rolleyes:

Another constructive, respectful comment.

Used to love me, I have never went this far until I read his post on facebook, that just bothered me. Especially this line

"Treat yourself don't cheat yourself thinking you're gonna go to school or work or whatever you "normally" do the next day"

Its like he is saying he doesnt give a shit about people who really cant stay out that late because of their other responsibilities. Like Hey, if you have to work tommorrow dont even come to the fucking show, its not for you. Some people say this is rock n roll, I say its bullshit to say that. Most of his fans from the old days are in their 30s, 40s and 50s, they have lives, children, jobs, responsibilities. They simply just cant say fuck it and stay out until 4 in the morning. Some can, sure, some cant. And to shit on those loyal fans and say something like that is fucking insulting. I have supported this since I was 12 years old, and now because I am grown and have responsibilities Axl says "this isnt for me anymore". After help making him a multi millionaire? Thats fucked up, period. And if you cant see why it would bother someone who has spent a lot of money and supported this band, then I dont know what else to tell you.

This is going nowhere. Just because that is some silly "staple of the band" thing doesnt mean I have to like it or im not a fan. If Axl pulled his cock out every show and jacked off on the front row, would I not be a fan because it is a "staple of the band" and I didnt like it, and something they are known for? That just makes no sense.

All I have to say is show up at your job two hours late everyday and let us know how that works out for you. Think your boss would be fine with that? And people are calling us pussies and crybabies and whiners because we cant take time off work to stay up until 4 in the morning, or find baby sitters, and so on. Read through this thread, a lot of people blame us for not being able to adjust our schedule as opposed to blaming Axl for not beinbg able to go onstage at a reasonable hour.

Im tired of debating this. Its never going to change so why bother. This band may remain successful in other countries, but in the United States if they keep pulling this shit this will be their last tour here, I can promise you that.

No band works for the public. They are the supplier of a demand. For 20 years now, late starts, etc. have not diminished that demand enough to keep them from going out and providing it.

Whoever calls you a pussy for not having a schedule to see a show, well, that's no good of them. That doesn't make it any better for it to be such a popular theme on a fan site to hate on the band. I don't expect artists to paint what i want or writers to publish the way I'd prefer. I either like it or I don't partake of it. I do love the spirit of this band, the music, the attitude, the personalities, the experiences, etc. So, should I be subjected to people saying I'm stuck up Axl's ass for being okay with the concert schedules? Or for anything else he does?

It can't really go both ways - I'm not criticizing anyone for their choices, but mine are being criticized.

Either it's the setlists or the time or the lack of new material or the feud with Slash.... on and on and on and on... just WAY too much negativity for a fan forum.

Used to love me, I have never went this far until I read his post on facebook, that just bothered me. Especially this line

"Treat yourself don't cheat yourself thinking you're gonna go to school or work or whatever you "normally" do the next day"

Its like he is saying he doesnt give a shit about people who really cant stay out that late because of their other responsibilities. Like Hey, if you have to work tommorrow dont even come to the fucking show, its not for you. Some people say this is rock n roll, I say its bullshit to say that. Most of his fans from the old days are in their 30s, 40s and 50s, they have lives, children, jobs, responsibilities. They simply just cant say fuck it and stay out until 4 in the morning. Some can, sure, some cant. And to shit on those loyal fans and say something like that is fucking insulting. I have supported this since I was 12 years old, and now because I am grown and have responsibilities Axl says "this isnt for me anymore". After help making him a multi millionaire? Thats fucked up, period. And if you cant see why it would bother someone who has spent a lot of money and supported this band, then I dont know what else to tell you.

+1

+1

That's great guys, and it's not what I was ever referring to. However - when you were buying those albums and t shirts, were you doing it because you wanted to make an investment and make somebody rich, or were you doing it because you wanted those things?

Assuming it was because you wanted them, well, good. You got what you paid for. Don't have the ability to go to the show? Nothing wrong with that at all, and I don't think the writer of the FB comment was talking about you. I am certain it was directed at the vocal minority of self entitled little cupcakes who like to run their mouths at every turn.

How about just being grateful that there is a show to even go to?