More rasp in Estranged..

tippin

So since I'm fairly confident that Axl reads these boards, I've got a simple request..Some rasp in the 2nd half...Don't get me wrong, I'm THRILLED that it's made it's way back onto the setlist, as it's my favorite song of all time, but the 2nd half needs that rasp..Axl always NAILS the first half, and it seems like as the tour goes on, he's getting it back more and more, but not on Estranged..Now I know some people are going to hammer me for this and say "be happy with what you've got", but we all know he has it in him..The band is playing the shit out of it, and it's the only thing that's missing..(Cue the Slash, Duff, Matt, and Izzy comments) Come on Axl nail it!! (Preferably when you come to San Diego)

So since I'm fairly confident that Axl reads these boards, I've got a simple request..Some rasp in the 2nd half...Don't get me wrong, I'm THRILLED that it's made it's way back onto the setlist, as it's my favorite song of all time, but the 2nd half needs that rasp..Axl always NAILS the first half, and it seems like as the tour goes on, he's getting it back more and more, but not on Estranged..Now I know some people are going to hammer me for this and say "be happy with what you've got", but we all know he has it in him..The band is playing the shit out of it, and it's the only thing that's missing..(Cue the Slash, Duff, Matt, and Izzy comments) Come on Axl nail it!! (Preferably when you come to San Diego)

No, we don't. We have absolutely no idea, at all, whatsoever, on if Axl has it in him.

Edited by Yesterdays-Civil-War

No, we don't. We have absolutely no idea, at all, whatsoever, on if Axl has it in him.

Oh come on man..Have you seen Jungle from the last couple shows? It's gotten 100% better since Rio..If that just translates over to Estranged, it'll be money..

well if he could sing that part with some rasp, I am pretty sure he would. Its pretty obvious his voice is tired out at that point. I am sure as the tour goes on it will get stronger and stronger. He just doesn't have the pipes working 100% as of now :thumbsup:

Good luck with your delusional request.

BTW, I'm going to continue to use the word delusional until you people realise your requests are not important to Axl. (they shouldn't be) Axl will do it his way. After 25 years you'd think you kids would have figured that out by now. #D-E-L-U-S-I-O-N-A-L

Randy, why do you really think that after all this time, they just finally decided to add Estranged to the setlist? It was because there was so much fan demand..Where did they pick that up? The forums..You can use delusional all you want, but it's well known that they at least check in every once in a while...

Edited by tippin

Axl has obviously changed the way he sings Estranged and that actually goes for more songs as well. Back in the day he used more raps but he was screaming most of the time. You could see it by how he carried his body, there was enormous energy being put into each note. These days he picks his spots more when screaming and sings more. I just don't think it's fair to expect a 50 year old man to sound like he did when he was 30. He still sounds incredible in my opinion. I agree that Estranged could use a little rasp but still like the way he sings it now.

I actually think the clean voice suits that part, but I get what you mean. It needs a bit more balls. Sometimes I think he sang it TOO raspy (Tokyo 1992 comes to mind) but this tour it isn't quite enough. It's getting better and better, but I'd say that he needs to find somewhere in the middle between rasp and clean and it'll go from sounding great to sounding perfect.

I actually think the clean voice suits that part, but I get what you mean. It needs a bit more balls. Sometimes I think he sang it TOO raspy (Tokyo 1992 comes to mind) but this tour it isn't quite enough. It's getting better and better, but I'd say that he needs to find somewhere in the middle between rasp and clean and it'll go from sounding great to sounding perfect.

I agree 100% about Tokyo '92..I'm not asking much..Just find a little middle ground..Like I said though, the vocals are getting better as the tour goes on, so we'll just see what happens I guess..

Randy, why do you really think that after all this time, they just finally decided to add Estranged to the setlist? It was because there was so much fan demand..Where did they pick that up? The forums..You can use delusional all you want, but it's well known that they at least check in every once in a while...

lol wut? He listens to this forum and plays what we demand. You really are fucking delusional kiddo. I guess you must have had a mental breakdown and skipped over the fact that Axl use to comment about wanting to play Estranged at some point. But no. You let your delusional mind get in the way of your thinking and posted this crap. Do you actually believe he comes on here and gives a single thought to what you demand out of him? DELUSIONAL

Oh come on man..Have you seen Jungle from the last couple shows? It's gotten 100% better since Rio..If that just translates over to Estranged, it'll be money..

I dont think it helped to be singing "In the Cold Brazilian Rain"...

I might be wrong but singing in the rain for 2+ Hours can not be good for your vocal chords.