Grandmother of Axl Rose passes away

Tabitha27

Grant Park: Grandma of famous rocker Axl Rose dies

Oct. 21, 2011, 11:12 am

Share Comment on this story | Print this story | Email this story

By Rob Laird

rlaird@daily-journal.com

815-929-5408

Anna Lintner, the grandmother of famous heavy metal artist Axl Rose, was to have her funeral in Grant Park this morning after dying Monday at the age of 96.

Her famous rocker grandson, currently on a tour of the Americas, isn't expected to attend the services, said Lintner's sister, Patty Rosenbrock, of Manteno.

"He hasn't had contact with this part of the family for some time," Rosenbrock said of her great nephew. "I think he thinks we're a bunch of squares or something." ... For the unabridged version of this story, subscribe to The Daily Journal's print edition or E-edition

http://www.daily-journal.com/archives/dj/display.php?id=481399

I don't mean to get personal but I have family I love dearly but do not have in my life for personal reasons. I don't judge people. It doesn't mean we don't feel loss when they are gone.

They are the reason I have the words from Maddie tattoo'd too my forarm.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,

bless them that they might grow old.

And free them so that they may know,

that it's never too late.

peace out

This is a shame in so many ways. I'll leave it at that.

Yes, please do. You and we don't know his reasons.

I didn't get that Matt was trying to be an ass...

I just saw the obituary posted somewhere else. As least that was with some taste. This is pretty tasteless.

I will just say my condolences too Axl and his family. rest in peace.

Why to Axl? Apparently, he doesn't have anything to do with them.

Still his fam..

I don't mean to get personal but I have family I love dearly but do not have in my life for personal reasons. I don't judge people. It doesn't mean we don't feel loss when they are gone.

They are the reason I have the words from Maddie tattoo'd too my forarm.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,

bless them that they might grow old.

And free them so that they may know,

that it's never too late.

peace out

nice post. agree totally.

Axl dont care, why should we. If it someone that he doesnt deal with at all how would he even know? And how do people even find this shit?

Be careful with that thought. You got your information from a new media source. And those sources frequently say the celebrity won't be there to keep away a crazy fan base (think we fall into that definition?). Axl's very strong on family and he's never said anything bad about grandma other than she raised him for a while.

Axl dont care, why should we. If it someone that he doesnt deal with at all how would he even know? And how do people even find this shit?

Take a look at the comments

Posted by immkl1 from St Anne at 7:37PM on Friday, 10/21/11

I was one of the cna's that helped care for Anna when she lived at Heritage Woods of Manteno. She was so proud of the gold and platinum albums encased in frames, that hung on her walls, that was from Axl when he was with Guns & Roses. When Anna first moved to Heritage Woods, Axl sent a monthly fruit basket to her, but then they stopped coming. I even tried searching the internet to find any contact of his, for him to please come see Anna. But no luck. She beamed when she talked of him. She raised him until he was old enough and he wanted to hit the road to get a band together. What a band it was!!! I asked how long it had been since she had seen Axl, and at that time, it had been at least 6 years she said. Axl...you missed the last years of the woman who loved and raised you. All of us cna's will remember her and seeing Axl's last CD sitting on her table. I hope Axl at least took a minute to remember what Anna did for him , and said a prayer..oh wait..he probably sent a fruit basket!

I doubt very much that he didn't care.

But who are we and what do we know.

Isn't that his mom's mom? I thought he was close with his brother and sister still.

Anyway.

Family is family. It's probably sucky being far away from brother and sister during this.

Who knows what went down in that family, he could have many reasons not to care about it.

My grandmother passed away while giving birth to my dad, my grandfather stopped blaming him for that.

The day my grandfather died my dad said: Nice, I got a few days off work.

I don't even know half my family and honestly don't care about it that much either.

I was one of the cna's that helped care for Anna when she lived at Heritage Woods of Manteno. She was so proud of the gold and platinum albums encased in frames, that hung on her walls, that was from Axl when he was with Guns & Roses. When Anna first moved to Heritage Woods, Axl sent a monthly fruit basket to her, but then they stopped coming. I even tried searching the internet to find any contact of his, for him to please come see Anna. But no luck. She beamed when she talked of him. She raised him until he was old enough and he wanted to hit the road to get a band together. What a band it was!!! I asked how long it had been since she had seen Axl, and at that time, it had been at least 6 years she said. Axl...you missed the last years of the woman who loved and raised you. All of us cna's will remember her and seeing Axl's last CD sitting on her table. I hope Axl at least took a minute to remember what Anna did for him , and said a prayer..oh wait..he probably sent a fruit basket!

Yes, I saw that, too. If it's true, it shows he probably did/does care. So I'm just gonna say I'm sorry for his loss and he has my condolences, but everything else is really none of our business.

Yes, I saw that, too. If it's true, it shows he probably did/does care. So I'm just gonna say I'm sorry for his loss and he has my condolences, but everything else is really none of our business.

I'm sure the nurse's aide was angry that he didn't contact her when she was in failing health, but we all know the ways of contacting GNR. He did or does have a sister, so to just try to contact a family member because he's the famous one is suspect. He had a gift basket sent to her a while ago, but odds are his management let it fall through the cracks. People who work in Hospice are special, but they also wind up getting a lot of anger issues because the family is just waiting to see what's in the will and make the minimum effort required to visit. Other people are just busy with what's going on in their lives that the elderly relatives kind of get forgotten.

We don't have any idea what his relationship is with his family. I'm sure when he's done therapy he's gone back to his home city, or when he's been on the road, made a pit stop there just to see what's changed. It's also possible he's never been back since.

I do think it would be pretty cool if he did that show about his family tree.

I've not seen my father in 30 years and he added me on Facebook a few weeks ago. I've not said anything to him yet and I'm not sure I will but if he dies I won't get upset.

It sounds like he's trying to reach out.

I would do it because even if it brings up old painful memories, as a grown adult,you can talk about the old bullshit that happened one night and give the whole thing closure. I don't think I'd want him as a Facebook buddy but I'd just see how it goes, and if he gets into any bullshit with you, just cut him out altogether, but at least give it a try and see how it goes. After the initial conversation where it's awkward it usually turns out okay, but if they try to persist to get into your life, you kind of have to push them away.

Everyone has a different falling out with their family, I've had mine, my dad had his (not just with me), my grandfather did as well.