Axl suffering bronchitis?

VillageGorillaHead

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=165441

An insider from the GUNS N' ROSES management has informed BLABBERMOUTH.NET that the band's lead singer, Axl Rose, has been battling bronchitis and the so-called Montezuma's Revenge for the past couple of weeks. Despite this, he continues to play three-hour shows with the group, which is scheduled to perform at the Bi-Lo Center Arena in Greenville, South Carolina tonight (Monday, October 31).

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=165441

An insider from the GUNS N' ROSES management has informed BLABBERMOUTH.NET that the band's lead singer, Axl Rose, has been battling bronchitis and the so-called Montezuma's Revenge for the past couple of weeks. Despite this, he continues to play three-hour shows with the group, which is scheduled to perform at the Bi-Lo Center Arena in Greenville, South Carolina tonight (Monday, October 31).

Gotta be a pain in ass to sing like he does and have bronchitis, but atleast it's not pneumonia. It'll go away on it's own or with some meds in a few days.

On a positive note it seems Fernando is behind all these media stuff that's going on - he posted this on his Twitter.

Good on him :thumbsup:

And on a negative note it's sad that a 50 yr old has to rely on some Fernando dude so much.....

And on a further negative note; you're following that guy.

You don't think Axl has enough to do than upload videos?

On a positive note it seems Fernando is behind all these media stuff that's going on - he posted this on his Twitter.

Good on him :thumbsup:

And on a negative note it's sad that a 50 yr old has to rely on some Fernando dude so much.....

It is terrible that a celebrity has an assistant. Hopefully this doesn't start a trend where all rich people have assistants to do their grunt work. Damn that Axl.

I have said since right after Rockin Rio that he appeared to be sick. 99.9% on here said bullshirt he is just lazy and fat.

What Axl done is what anyone in his position should do, try and gut it out, he could have very easily cancelled a few shows to get health back.

Did Axl say that this was the problem? No he made no excuses and took alot of flack. But that is how he is for better or worse. He could have done the first song and said to the crowd I have somthing wrong with my voice so bear with me. But he didn't.

In Rio he had the crowd say it was Betas fault which leads me to believe what ever he had he got from her.

I figure in about 2 weeks he should have his vocal control back completely

Edited by bigcountry

I have said since right after Rockin Rio that he appeared to be sick. 99.9% on here said bullshirt he is just lazy and fat.

What Axl done is what anyone in his position should do, try and gut it out, he could have very easily cancelled a few shows to get health back.

Did Axl say that this was the problem? No he made no excuses and took alot of flack. But that is how he is for better or worse. He could have done the first song and said to the crowd I have somthing wrong with my voice so bear with me. But he didn't.

In Rio he had the crowd say it was Betas fault which leads me to believe what ever he had he got from her.

I figure in about 2 weeks he should have his vocal control back completely

AND it was raining. He was sick and it was raining. What a trooper.

To perform with the passion and energy like this guy does is insanity in itself let alone any further crap he deals with both within and outside of himself, always respect axl a thousand percent, sure he can have bad days like anyone can in any line of work but he never gives anything less than what he's got inside on a night.

I said when videos of Rio started to surface that he had to have been sick or getting over something, because his voice was amazing during the previous tour, and then all of a sudden he is struggling? I just wasn't buying it. With Axl though he's screwed no matter what he does. He cancels shows, then people shit all over him, if he does the show anyways like he did, he gets called names and made fun of. AND had he canceled shows the media would have hopped all over his case worse than what they did. I'm glad this news has come out, so people will cut Axl some slack. The man is going out there and giving the best rock show on the planet. If you don't agree, you are wrong.

But is Axl still suffering/battling it these days?

I remember that in the previous tours he had problems with one of his hips and he didn´t cancell any shows, he played with the flu, with a sore throat and, if I´m not wrong, I think I remember that in the last show in London in the 2006 tour where Sebastian Bach had to sing the last songs because Axl was ill and couldn´t go on, he had been playing even though the doctors adviced him not to.

Time keeps proving people wrong over and over but it doesn´t matter. When something happens or something´s wrong, they resort to the same bashing and usual shit instead of thinking that there might be important reasons we don´t know. You guys are very quick to jump into conclusions and wrong judgements. Maybe you should think twice before you post.

And once more, kudos Mr. Rose :thumbsup:

Usually something like bronchitis or pneumonia would cause the whole tour to be rescheduled esp. if the tour hadn't started yet, and his physician would've been discouraging him from singing. But a lot of times, no choice in the matter unless he really couldn't sing, and nothing was coming out.

Axl has a reputation from the past he's not going to easily shake. People read these unauthorized books (usually true otherwise they'd be sued for libel and slander) and see documentaries (taking 20 year old interviews of things that were said sometimes opens old wounds) and that stuff gets perpetuated over the years. GNR are still making news in the mainstream media and new fans wind up trying to get any band history they can through it.

I hope Axl is on some good antibiotics, because I would really hate for it to turn into pnemonia.

Once he gets to Texas he should be better. Our weather for the weekend is going to be mild and sunny.

Keep in truckin Axl! You can do it!