That Metal Show with guest Axl Rose [Sneak Peek]

Nosaj Thing

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl looked happy but about what I expected no new news about anything..Most interesting thing for me was when Axl mentioned he wanted to use the picture of the Challenger Space shuttle expoding as the cover of AFD but ws over ruled by the people at Geffen...other than that it was pretty meh..............

Well, we on the GN'R fan forum know much more about Axl than the casual viewer.

I agree that it was, dare I say, really boring. We literally learned absolutely nothing.

Off topic, I always thought it would be cool if he sang "Old at heart, but I was only 28... and much too young..." =)

I always thought he'd sing, "Old at heart, but I'm only forty-nine," but yours makes a lot more sense.

I can't wait to watch it and probably see if on repeats when visiting family and such. Who knows.

True, people aren't ever happy.

PS:

Man, I've not been on a sendspace link in a long ass time, I couldn't find the real 'download' link on the first try anymore!

not surprised people are complaining. people are never happy here

Not sure what you guys were expecting, I think it is a big step even if nothing new came out.

- way more twitter stuff lately

- updates on facebook and twitter from shows

- band chatting with fans

- communication

- Axl Interview after what 20 years?

- USA tour

this alone is WAY more than we have had before, I mean do we all forget the dark silent days? I sure as fuck don't!

not surprised people are complaining. people are never happy here

It was great to see him on TV, don't get me wrong, but pretty much all that interview was was the clips VH1 previewed. That's it. And the questions were subpar.

On top of that, you get that phony Don Jamieson who said on a relatively recent episode of TMS that Chinese Democracy "wasn't worth the wait," and then on this interview he was like, "Oh your Chinese songs just work so well into the setlist," as if he's always loves ChiDem. :fuckyou: Two-faced.

It was good to see Axl happy and hear him talk again but, come on, he basically told us nothing..although I will agree with SoB that he may be willing to accept the award with the old band if they are inducted into the RnR Hall of Fame which was the most promising thing he said....Guess I was expecting to much......... :shrugs:

I think one of the most frustrating things about the interview was the sudden awkward cuts from potentially good conversation to skipping to another unrelated section of the show...ie: Trunk asks axl about new album, axl says they have a new manager and then immediatley it cuts to trunk asking axl about his voice...wtf?

For people just wondering what 'did he say this, did he say that???'

You're missing the point.

Some of the best stuff I've heard so far wasn't what was brought up in the updates. I loved his part about thinking about how songs like November Rain also belong to the fans now, and how they try and put as much energy into it to make it worthwhile and honor whatever memory that made that fan connect to the song. That was cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYGx7vM8HlI

We all know that Axl was never happy with how the UYI albums turned out.

From this TMS clip, Axl tells us that he was FORCED to begin touring in 1991 before the UYI records were completed because GnR's manager booked the tour without Axl's consent.

Axl was not ready to tour in 1991, and from the clip, the only reason he gave was his preoccupation of completing the UYI records the way he had envisioned. And as such, it caused Axl to develop a habit of always being late for concerts. But during that time period, Axl was super late compared to recent times with the CD tour.

Apparently, GnR's manager and record company were afraid Slash (and Duff) would kill themselves before the UYI records could be completed, unless GnR toured to keep Slash (and Duff) busy and away from the drugs. As well, if Slash (and Duff) died, the UYI may not have been completed.

So Axl complied because:

1. Axl did not want GnR to get sued for cancelling the tour.

2. Slash was begging to tour; probably because playing music was the only thing that kept him away long enough from the drugs to kill him.

3. Axl was afraid Slash (and Duff) would die from drugs unless they did tour

As a result, the artistic beauty of the UYI suffered. The UYI records could have been much better!

Axl did not explicitly state it, but it can be assumed that GnR's manager booked the tour without consulting Axl because he and the record company were afraid Slash (and Duff) would indeed die from drugs, thus causing GnR and the record company to be sued for not doing enough to help and rehabilitate Slash (and Duff).

So, now, it can be safely assumed that the reason GnR's manager (and the record company) got Slash and Duff to relinquish all their rights to the GnR name is because they were indeed afraid that Slash and Duff would die, thus causing a lot of legal and financial problems for GnR and the record company.

If all this makes sense, then that would explain why Axl cannot forgive Slash!

Because Axl sacrificed so much for Slash, only to have Slash turn around and bite him in the ass!

You Slasholes might be wondering: what did Slash do to Axl?

For starters, Slash said a lot of negative things to the media that helped perpetuate this negative image of Axl. This in turned caused the media, fans, and general public to think of Axl as some crazy controlling dictator.

As a result, the fans and media blamed Axl for years for the breakup of the original band.

But we now know in the above TMS clip, that Axl sacrificed so much for Slash (and Duff), and as such, Slash and Duff could possibly well be still alive today because of Axl.

All of this sure does make Slash (and to some degree Duff) look like selfish assholes, ie. CANCER

For reference, here is the other TMS clip where Axl explains how *certain* people helped perpetuate this negative image of Axl Rose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHknVvBHwBs