That Metal Show with guest Axl Rose [Sneak Peek]

Nosaj Thing

Did you read Slash's book?

Some parts from the used section of a book store! I stopped donating my money to Slash's products a long time ago. The guy would sell anything just to make a quick buck!

Why would you read a book by someone you clearly can't stand?

So I can argue with Slasholes on a GnR forum! :rofl-lol:

I don't hate Slash. I just hate how people think Slash is the good guy and Axl's the bad guy.

If only they knew the truth ...

But, you see, you don't know the truth either.

:thumbsup:

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We take for granted we know the whole story

We judge a book by its cover and read what we want

Between selected lines

The book had been written by others other than Axl. Most notably, by Slash.

So its good to finally get more clarity with Axl's side of the story.

If anything, what you should now see is a guy in Axl who cared and did so much for a guy like Slash, to only have Slash betray him.

And this is further collaborated by what we see in how Axl treats and cares for the current members of his band and crew.

So we see that a lot of the negative crap and lies spread about Axl were just that ... lies.

This is the time when you find out you're totally wrong but keep talkin' nonsense in order to save face. Say what you want but you're lost in your own goddamn thread.

Some parts from the used section of a book store! I stopped donating my money to Slash's products a long time ago. The guy would sell anything just to make a quick buck!

I don't hate Slash. I just hate how people think Slash is the good guy and Axl's the bad guy.

Huh? WTF?!

I presented the best evidence: from Axl's mouth himself!

Huh? WTF?!

I presented the best evidence: from Axl's mouth himself!

No, what you did was took what he said and made tons of assumptions that unless if you know him personally there is absolutely no way you can come to those conclusions

To the original poster - you have no fucken idea. Your GNR history obviously stops at 2007 like your username.

Re the tour in 1991...

During 1990 Alan Niven was trying get David Geffen to renegotiate GNR's contract with Geffen. David Geffen refused.

Niven basically told Geffen to go fuck himself then and that he won't get the albums and they will go on tour instead and make money. Bare in mind this is also during the time that David Geffen is trying to sell his company too. He wanted those records out and selling because that increased the sale price.

Geffen refused to budge thinking they couldn't tour without an album, so Niven booked the first part of that tour and the tickets started selling like hotcakes. Geffen saw what was happening and finally relented to renogitating. That's why they had started touring before the album was finished.

Not because of some stupid crap about the management/record company thinking touring would save Slash and Duff from dying. But don't let the details get in the way of a good story you mofo....

Oh yeah Axl then sacked Niven after he got Geffen to agree to renegotiate. The signing over of the name then happened on Goldstein's watch, as Niven has said in interviews in the past he would never have allowed something like that to happen, he represented all band members equally. Goldstein on the other hand... I mean just read the paragraphs in Duff's book about it and what Goldstein said to Duff after they signed.

Also that renegotiation meant massively more financial security for Axl and Co, yet he uses that as a reason for going on late because he didn't want to tour????

OK so it was great that it actually went down but nothing new was really answered. Except that MLS really stirred things up internally (referencing Axl's remark about after Abu Dhabi). Glad the band was able to get over it and hopefully the new "management" can get something new (or even old) out soon!

Hey Eddie .. what happened with Dj? I mean, I know this is about Axl, but, Dj is part of the band too :S

To be fair, there's not a lot he could ask him thats worth our interest. Cant even ask him any Chinese Democracy questions. It would just be the usual "how's it been going since you joined" type stuff.

To the original poster - you have no fucken idea. Your GNR history obviously stops at 2007 like your username.

Re the tour in 1991...

During 1990 Alan Niven was trying get David Geffen to renegotiate GNR's contract with Geffen. David Geffen refused.

Niven basically told Geffen to go fuck himself then and that he won't get the albums and they will go on tour instead and make money. Bare in mind this is also during the time that David Geffen is trying to sell his company too. He wanted those records out and selling because that increased the sale price.

Geffen refused to budge thinking they couldn't tour without an album, so Niven booked the first part of that tour and the tickets started selling like hotcakes. Geffen saw what was happening and finally relented to renogitating. That's why they had started touring before the album was finished.

Not because of some stupid crap about the management/record company thinking touring would save Slash and Duff from dying. But don't let the details get in the way of a good story you mofo....

Oh yeah Axl then sacked Niven after he got Geffen to agree to renegotiate. The signing over of the name then happened on Goldstein's watch, as Niven has said in interviews in the past he would never have allowed something like that to happen, he represented all band members equally. Goldstein on the other hand... I mean just read the paragraphs in Duff's book about it and what Goldstein said to Duff after they signed.

Also that renegotiation meant massively more financial security for Axl and Co, yet he uses that as a reason for going on late because he didn't want to tour????

I think that's a legitimate point you're making, I would like to hear Axl's response to what you just said..but I didn't get the feeling that Axl was blaming his lateness on Slash and Alan Niven...I think the first answer was THE answer....he wants to get in his headspace before he goes on...I think the anticipation and energy in the arena is what makes him so explosive.....and he's a noctural guy he's just more comfortable performing at night...that's just the way it is...I think it is as simple as that...the whole 1991 stuff that was just to explain why everyone still focuses on the late starts and why it's the first sentence in every fucking review because that's the way trunk asked the question: 'there's a lot being said about the late starts of guns n' roses gigs...etc.'....so he gave some historical fuckin' perspective why the press does focus on that....you have to understand that that's the way axl talks...he builds tangents and tangents when he speaks because he's just a natural storyteller and that's how he talks....he maybe only trying to focus on a little part of the question and then everyone assumes that he's speaking about the whole thing...it's subtle things like that...at least that's my personal opinion

Edited by ppruks

I got the soul monster song title out of Axl in the chats, and In that whole interview with guys who do this for a living didn't even press any questions about new songs/rerelease or album release date

Edited by gunns5

Yeah in a round about way I can see why Axl said he was late coz he didnt wanna be on tour. Presumably he needs to have his head right before he can get on stage and perform, that's fair enough.

But to reference back to 1991 as a reason for being late, sheesh!

Edited by williambailey01

Hey Eddie .. what happened with Dj? I mean, I know this is about Axl, but, Dj is part of the band too :S

To be fair, there's not a lot he could ask him thats worth our interest. Cant even ask him any Chinese Democracy questions. It would just be the usual "how's it been going since you joined" type stuff.

agree, but the interview was everything about Axl, I mean, Dj is part of the band too and minimun for "education" .. "hey dj, how are you" "hey Dj how do you feel with GNR" something like that, not to be "cool" only with Axl, on that case the interview would be cool only with Axl on set because Dj for me, was "part of the set" :(

agree, but the interview was everything about Axl, I mean, Dj is part of the band too and minimun for "education" .. "hey dj, how are you" "hey Dj how do you feel with GNR" something like that, not to be "cool" only with Axl, on that case the interview would be cool only with Axl on set because Dj for me, was "part of the set" :(

I agree and that's not true that there isn't things to ask...how about: so what's the writing process for you guys like, cuz I've heard that you've been writing new songs??? that's a legitimate fucking question...they used to ask slash n' axl that...do you guys inspire each other? what keeps your creative juices flowing together? if you work on a song...does is start with something that dj plays or does it start with axl's piano part or how? I for one would want to know...

I agree and that's not true that there isn't things to ask...how about: so what's the writing process for you guys like, cuz I've heard that you've been writing new songs??? that's a legitimate fucking question...they used to ask slash n' axl that...do you guys inspire each other? what keeps your creative juices flowing together? if you work on a song...does is start with something that dj plays or does it start with axl's piano part or how? I for one would want to know...

we already know the answer to that, Dj sits down and records guitar parts he thinks sounds good enough and then emails them to Axl.

Axl then decides to either mark it as spam or saves it in one of the 300 instrumental #274 folders ;)

love the ending with bumblefoot doing the they do 7:05 onwards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoSsVkYYVz8

the interview would of been 1000x better if bumble replaced dj lol

Yeah I don't know if Bumble could stay silent for an hour haha still would be awesome

My take on this: BBF is a bit too unpredictable and spontaneous for the nuGNR first official interview. I mean the 'fuck Estranged, fuck TWAT' part made waves even into the hardcore part of the fans. Imagine this kind of a joke made with this ocassion. DJ seems a better choice than BBF, even if I would have like Richard or Tommy better since they are both around the 10 year mark or more in the band and both really cool and professional guys.