That Metal Show with guest Axl Rose [Sneak Peek]

Nosaj Thing

Was nice to see Axl but nothing really was said or touched upon that he could elaborate on, between the three of them there wasn't a whole lot of actual interaction, it was more routine, so yeah and then moved on without asking about shiz that axl might have built on. He probably wouldn't narrate his ambitions or plans to a tv show, so it was a bit like 'okay' if you're a fan of the band there's nothing really to get excited about other than they're gonna keep kicking ass every night and hope they'll put together an album in the next couple years with all the potential!

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah there's going to be edited footage that we might think is interesting that was lost on what the editors thought would be interesting, or what they think viewers would like.

There's always bonus clips and...whatever.

Plus it's nice that he actually did this. If only it was a few years ago... ;)

But it's a new day.

AND BOOM.

He just answered CD 2.

And it's what I've been saying for a damn while now.

Management. Label. Work things out. Got to figure that out first. Boom.

He can write poetry and listen to guitar parts and play the piano all he wants, but without management and management working things out with the label, they can't really do anything with new music.

So yes, he's "working Chinese" and also thinking of the future.

yes, Compact Disc # 2 will be nice. :confused:

STFU. Call it "Atlas Shrugged" or "Spanish Inquisition". CD 2. Whatever.

Really? You really think Slash and Duff's estate would not seek a way to get as much money as they legally can from GnR and the record company?

That's real naive of you!

Axl gets sued all the time for dumber reasons!

Now, if Slash and Duff had died before signing those legal papers that the GnR manager got them to sign ...

Then everything GnR does post them, GnR would have to pay royalties to Slash and Duff's estate.

For example, GnR would have to pay royalties from CD and GnR merchandise to Slash and Duff's estate.

You telling that would not be a headache for GnR?

causing GnR and the record company to be sued for not doing enough to help and rehabilitate Slash (and Duff).

No. Back then, no one would have thought of suing the record company or the GNR partnership. Rockstars and celebrities drank and shoot themselves up to death all the time.

You're thinking it was 2007 back in 1991.

No one was going to file a civil suit in 1991 over an OD-ed guitarist or drunk bassist.

You know so much about that world that isn't so.

Not a bad interview at all was fucking great to see Axl and Guns actually get some US exposure!! When they were showing the stage shots reminded me when I was 11 years old watching clips on MTV. What were some of you expecting? Some major bombshell or something??? Come on this was Eddie Trunk and VH1 classics.

He can write poetry and listen to guitar parts and play the piano all he wants, but without management and management working things out with the label, they can't really do anything with new music.

Bingo! It's take someone to pry the record company to give Axl the chance. The music industry is so royally fucked up and its gonna take someone to pound the record company into giving Guns a chance at another record.

Plus something else we gotta get some fucking pro shot DVDs or something!!!!!!

Edited by Mega_Music

Another gnrfan2007 fanfic!

Really? I'm pretty sure Axl said in that clip that he begrudging agreed to tour because of Slash.

He said a small, meaningless comment made in passing that Slash was a factor but okay. Where does he say he did it to save Slash's life?

The title of the video is: Axl Rose Discusses Late Concert Times & Slash's Heroin Problem

Then add all the other pieces of information we got through the years ... then connect the dot ... it's not that rocket science!

A. Axl doesn't actually discuss Slash's heroin problem. At all.

B. That's the name of the video that the uploader gave it. He could've named it anything he wanted to.

Umm...Axl listed 3 reasons why he toured when he really shouldn't have toured. Slash was 2 of those reasons.

Reason #2 was "If Slash dies of heroine or whatever ..." ... at time 1:40 in the video

cupcake thread.

Truth is the truth hurts

Don't you agree?

It's harder to live with the truth about you

Than to live with the lies about me

Edited by gnrfan2007

Really? I'm pretty sure Axl said in that clip that he begrudging agreed to tour because of Slash.

He said a small, meaningless comment made in passing that Slash was a factor but okay. Where does he say he did it to save Slash's life?

The title of the video is: Axl Rose Discusses Late Concert Times & Slash's Heroin Problem

Then add all the other pieces of information we got through the years ... then connect the dot ... it's not that rocket science!

B. That's the name of the video that the uploader gave it. He could've named it anything he wanted to.

Umm...Axl listed 3 reasons why he toured when he really shouldn't have toured. Slash was 2 of those reasons.

Reason #2 was "If Slash dies of heroine or whatever ..." ... at time 1:40 in the video

He definitely mentioned it, but he didn't discuss it and he doesn't say nor imply that by touring he was saving Slash.

cupcake thread.

Truth is the truth hurts

Don't you agree?

You're right. The truth that this is a cupcake thread must hurt you.

Yeah there's going to be edited footage that we might think is interesting that was lost on what the editors thought would be interesting, or what they think viewers would like.

But it's a new day.

But it was like they'd ask a question and edit put half of Axl's answer, so things seemed awkward and incomplete.

Hopefully we can view uncut footage.

The usually put the full interview on VH1Classic.com. Sure, it was an hour show, but with the LALD song, commercials, and the opening, it could have been cut short 20 minutes or so, maybe more.

But it's a new day.

AND BOOM.

He just answered CD 2.

And it's what I've been saying for a damn while now.

Management. Label. Work things out. Got to figure that out first. Boom.

So yes, he's "working Chinese" and also thinking of the future.

That's what I think too. It seems like management and the label either are holding out to release an album in hope of a reunion, or it's not finished yet.

MANAGEMENT isn't holding jack up for a reunion. Maybe Azoff 'sabotaged'. But they've been without real management for awhile. They got this Peter guy now. They had Doc before for a short time. A successful GNR manager has to make a tour happen in the states and he has to find a way to negotiate or renegotiate terms with the record label and make a business case for a new GNR record. A manager works for the artist and he has to make a business case for a new GNR record and make sure the release gets done right.

I don't think the label has anything to gain from a GNR reunion. Maybe the back catalog would sell more?

All the label wants is to have product out that isn't flopping without writing many more checks. And not to have a flop when they report to their shareholders.

From Marc Canter (longtime friend of both Axl and Slash and writer of Reckless Road)

"The record Co. wanted a reunion so they could sell more records. So they did everything they could to try and make that happen. Slowing up the the new Guns record hoping somehow they would get Slash back. Also not really promoting the Snakepit stuff. This was the same thing that happen with Aerosmith and The Joe Perry project, nothing was promoted well in hopes that Aerosmith would get back together with the old lineup. The record co is only in it for the money. The only way slash could have got Snakepit promoted better would be if he was with a different record co. and they would have to know that there was no way to get their hands on GNR. But even if Axl had somehow chanced records companies, the new one would have done the same thing. They would always want to go with what once worked instead of try something new."

:shrugs:

There's actually a lot of info given through out the years by various people, including members of the band, and Axl himself.

This interview by Axl is like more pieces of the puzzle. And the puzzle is becoming clearer.

The interview has just come out and peeps are already drawing conclusions based on a few vague sentences... This is just as bad as the forum member who analyzed Axl's body langauge and thought it proved he was lying....

+1

56 guests reading topic, how about signing up and discussing the topic :)

Join in!

Okay. I don't think this is a big deal. If anything, I would like to have seen more from him all along. I caught the old crew (91-92) and caught the new crew (Orlando) and have to say, I had a blast both times, Axl sounds great now. I think that part of the issue is fans want GNR to be the biggest band in the world again and that won't happen because ROCK is not the biggest music anymore, sad but true. Still, I saw GNR and The Wall (Roger Waters) in the same year so I am happy. The money I spent this year on music made me happy, fuck everyone and everything else. sorry to be crass but you asked me to join in ;-p

Edited by mcalldp

He definitely mentioned it, but he didn't discuss it and he doesn't say nor imply that by touring he was saving Slash.

cupcake thread.

Truth is the truth hurts

Don't you agree?

You're right. The truth that this is a cupcake thread must hurt you.

This is clearly an interview, and not some lecture where Axl will explain every point in detail.

Now generally, talking about somebody dying when they are actually not dead is not a real comfortable subject to be talking about in length. Which you can see Axl does struggle to comfortably talk about it.

But if it is not clear to you, 2 of the 3 reasons Axl gave was indeed because of his love and concern for Slash.

Edited by gnrfan2007

This forum is pretty friendly. I am a member at some other places that I wouldn't be surprised if someone remained a ghost reader forever. An AK-47 forum I am a member at has some really bigoted members and another forum I contribute to is full of grown European men who are afraid of and offended by things I played with as a child.

This place is more of a melting pot of different characters and personalities and from what I have observed most of us are pretty chill.