That Metal Show with guest Axl Rose [Sneak Peek]

Nosaj Thing

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure why the answer to the question as stated before wasn't just "I've always felt more comfortable and in my zone later at night. I'm sorry if its an inconvenience but thats just the way it always has been and always has to be. And when I do take the stage, you will get my all and you'll be damn sure that you just saw a rock and fucking roll show for the ages" .

Did the interviewers seem nervous to you guys?

It's a shame that DJ didn't say much but it's great that Axl did the interview.

haha ... tired or nervous?

prob both....

tired...didn't they wait until until 530am for Axl?

nervous...definately....all that prep, you ask the wrong question and the interview could be OVER!

Pretty fluffy interview, but it's nice to see Axl out doing something. This is the kind of interview all the other guys (and most artists, really) do all the time. I think it was a bad idea for people to get super hyped that he was going to get into Slash or new albums. It was just a normal interview, but just the fact that Axl did some kind of press was nice to see. I think if there is a positive response to it there is a good chance he'd do a more in depth one sometime.

The response on the late starts was kind of weird, but I think some of the story got cut out in editing. It seemed like there were two different stories mixed down to one. It's just nice as a fan to see him out doing stuff and not coming off as an angry, hate filled guy who can't let go of the past. That's something followers of the past few tours would know already, but it was a chance for people who might not have really seen him in 10 years to see that he's pretty mellow and happy.

The only thing I did sorta wish was that DJ got the chance to speak up a little...

NO- After all this time it woulda been a shame to waste time talking to him. The Ron thing was a waste too. No offense to them, but we needed even more Axl interview time, they coulda done the Ron/DJ interviews in a seperate TMS show.

The interview was nice. Always cool to see and hear Axl in a good mood talking, but I feel like I didn't get to see the whole interview

with those wierd edits of the show it got cut off to another topic right at the moment where I thought Axl will get into an interesting part in at least a little detail.

I didn't expect much from this anyway, so I'm pleased we got something at all. A step in the right direction.

When I remember back to 2004, 2005 the current state of Gn'R is so much better. I hope Axl will do more stuff like this in the near future.

That may have been the most tense interview I've ever seen on TMS. Not from Axl, but from Eddie Trunk and the other 2 guys. It was like they were shocked to be there.

Wish they would have asked more questions about writing Chinese Democracy. Lots of timelines about it, but not much from Axl himself.

We take for granted we know the whole story

We judge a book by its cover and read what we want

Between selected lines

The book had been written by others other than Axl. Most notably, by Slash.

So its good to finally get more clarity with Axl's side of the story.

If anything, what you should now see is a guy in Axl who cared and did so much for a guy like Slash, to only have Slash betray him.

And this is further collaborated by what we see in how Axl treats and cares for the current members of his band and crew.

So we see that a lot of the negative crap and lies spread about Axl were just that ... lies.

You just said you skimmed through some parts of the book at a used book store....so anything you say about the book is speculation, on your part. You're a very passionate Axlite, so I can understand why you're saying all this ridiculous stuff. But it's hard to take you seriously, especially when you say stuff like "I stopped giving money to Slash a long time ago, he'll do anything for a buck". Take off your Axl Vision goggles.

It strikes me as very disappointing to hear Axl talk about Chinese Democracy like its still the main ongoing project.

Especially hearing Axl say he thinks that Chinese Democracy can do more,that porject is already 3 yrs. old. Time for new material.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Especially hearing Axl say he thinks that Chinese Democracy can do more,that porject is already 3 yrs. old.

GN’R played behind Appetite for a significant period as well.

what did Axl say about no chinese democracy videos???

He said he wants fans to get a chance to hear the songs for a while and perceive them how they want to perceive them...not give them a video that makes them see it his way, or something like that. But there are plans for videos in the future...

I thought it was interesting, because I remember a few years ago, he mentioned the video for Better was already done...

Axl Rose on the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame:

"...... I don't know what it means in terms of me and the old band - the old lineup. I don't know if we were invited what they would ask of me. I don't know. That's still all up in the air. It's an honor to be on the..nomination..whatever. There's definately an element of the fans that really like that and so for them I think it's a great thing."

At this stage in the game, I would be happy if Axl went and stood by Slash and they were civil and give the old time fans a freaking bone. And I am not even talking about performing together, I mean standing on a stage together or at least a hand shake.

You know, I was thinking last night, Axl COULD appease New GNR Axlites and old school fans BOTH if he chose to.

Happy? I'd bust out in tears. No joking. I can't imagine the moment when Slash and Axl shake hands (if it happens), that would be like, history has been made TO ME but, I'm not holding my breath.