That Metal Show with guest Axl Rose [Sneak Peek]

Nosaj Thing

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The interview was very much ass kissing on TMS' part, but let's be honest - this was the first interview Axl has done in five years. If they ever wanna be able to interview him again they couldn't really press him with difficult questions that could wind up turning him off from talking to them in the future again.

I felt like Axl came across as honest and funny...with the exception of the late start times, I didn't feel like he really danced around any of the questions. I wish he would've said more to the fans at the end than just the whole "come see us play on tour" bit, but no big deal. His views on saying that he wanted CD to speak for itself and let people draw their own feelings on the songs before putting a video out was a bit odd considering how long the album has been out already, and the fact that he said a few years ago that a video for Better was basically done.

lol, the same old slash fanboys talking shit about the interview.

Grow up.

BUSTED

I feel sorry for you. :shrugs:

BUSTED

*facepalm*

BUSTED

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Grow up.

BUSTED

BUSTED

*facepalm*

BUSTED

?

Grow up.

BUSTED

BUSTED

*facepalm*

BUSTED

:crazy: :crazy:

Since the Chinese era began, Axl has met and spoken to Duff (London), Izzy (multiple times), Matt (NYC), Gilby (Los Angeles), and Steven (Las Vegas, I think).

Correct me if I'm wrong but was Duff's appearance in London the first time the guys had spoken to each other since Duff left the band?

Axl and Izzy reconnected before the Hammerstein shows in 2006?

Axl played with Gilby in 2000.

Steven was at one of the band's warm up shows before their American tour in 2006?

Matt gave him a ride home?

Since the Chinese era began, Axl has met and spoken to Duff (London), Izzy (multiple times), Matt (NYC), Gilby (Los Angeles), and Steven (Las Vegas, I think).

Correct me if I'm wrong but was Duff's appearance in London the first time the guys had spoken to each other since Duff left the band?

Steven was at one of the band's warm up shows before their American tour in 2006?

i read somewhere that Izzy come to Axl's home in 1999

i read somewhere that Izzy come to Axl's home in 1999

yep, 98 or 99 they hung out. Axl later gave him a call...

I was stoked to hear Axl say he is a fan of Angel City (their real name is The Angels. The are known as Angel City in America). They are they best band to come out of Australia.

Great interview. I wish they spoke with Axl more about what he listens to and what Metal bands past and present that he digs. Axl doesn't seem to like answering that question when asked what he is listening to right now. I remember the chat here a few years ago when he was asked the same thing. He said he didn't really want to answer that because he didnt want to upset anyone.

I've seen a picture of Axl and Duff from 2006 so they've definetly spoken before London 2010, I'll try and find the picture if you wanna see.

MATT SORUM Hangs Out With AXL ROSE In New York City - Apr. 14, 2006

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=50974

While getting out of the cab I run into Sean Lennon who was leaving and when inside there was Axl Rose. Oh my God. I hadn't seen him in at least six years. I walked over and said hello. We shook hands. And it was pleasant. Later that evening I ended up in a loft somewhere in the East Village where Axl was again. We spoke for quite some time. And it was nice to clear some things up. I told him how great of a frontman he was while I was in the band and no hard feelings from me at all. It was an all-around good vibe, I think.

"After the party ended. Axl gave me a ride back to my hotel in his suburban.

Axl Rose Takes Stage For Gilby Clarke Club Jam

http://home5.swipnet.se/~w-52838/Aug15th_2000_story11.html

According to Phantom, although Clarke was obviously surprised by the proceedings, he and Rose began talking as if they had just seen each other "yesterday," in Phantom's words. "I left at 3:30 a.m., and they were still talking up a storm," he noted.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=67085

In an interview with a fansite, Steven said "I saw Axl, talked with him from, shit, what was it? 10 or 12 at night to 8 in the morning, we talked. ... We resolved a lot of fucking shit! It was wonderful! Just wonderful. I was the same happy-go-lucky person that I've always been to him, and he enjoyed it. It was at The HardRock, when he played there.

I've seen a picture of Axl and Duff from 2006 so they've definetly spoken before London 2010, I'll try and find the picture if you wanna see.

Interesting :blink: I for one would like to see it, because I've never seen or even heard of such a picture existing and I'm usually quite on top of things when it comes to pictures.

There's no way that's possible, Duff said in his book that it was the first time they spoke to each other in over a decade

Interesting :blink: I for one would like to see it, because I've never seen or even heard of such a picture existing and I'm usually quite on top of things when it comes to pictures.

argh it's photoshop, sorry man. Only saw a smaller version before and it looked real. My bad :(

tumblr_lqk6raGeJ81qi31vgo1_400.jpg

Edited by RocketQueen1985