Slash On TMS

Nata

This is The Metal Show from yesterday with Slash.

http://www.vh1.com/video/misc/712132/that-metal-show-season-9-episode-1-slash-sam-dunn.jhtml

I live in Europe so I can't see it on-line on the VH1 channel.

Can someone put this on YouTube please :rofl-lol:

That's only a sneak peak, the whole show airs today. 11/19. Stay fuckin' tuned! :thumbsup:

PS: In that video Slash said that he doesn't spend too much time thinkin' about the induction in the RnRHOF.

I respect the documentary guy for defending UYI I but he should have come up with a stronger case than November Rain. That album also had Coma, The Garden, Live and Let Die and the original Don't Cry as well as some hard rocking songs that don't get played very often. II had more memorable songs though which is what the other guys were going for.

It was pretty cool.. I liked how Slash didn't react to their joke about Axl....

I definately like UYI II better.

I am tired as hell of listenining to Eddie Trunk whine about the Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame too.. It is not stop.. The last few years it definately has been silly inducting people like Grand Master Flash and Madonna. The institution has only been around since the 80's.. There are sooooo many bands and artists that deserve to be in there but they can't induct every worthy band at once.. They always induct more older forgotten from the 50's through 70's every year, it just takes time. That is just the way it works. You just can't induct everyone deserving band every year. Some professional athletes do not make it til they are dead. It is also the Rock N' Roll HOF not the hard rock and heavy metal hall of fame.. Sorry Eddie Trunk if your favorite bands haven't made it yet but shut the fuck up about it. It is a no brainer that Kiss, Deep Purple and Rush will make it sooner or later, just shut the fuck up about it.

That being said they really need to get back to nominating 100% rock artists. Not rap and pop..

Edited by HowlinWolf

He didn't say anything important IMO. I just don't understand this: If they're going to compare which record is better (Use Your Illusion I / II), how they CANNOT mention 'Locomotive' and 'Coma' (most underrated Gn'R songs). Really disappointing.

They didn't mention "Breakdown" either. I was flabbergasted.

Edited by GnR Chris

Yeah Slash showed no reaction to the Axl joke. He seemed more annoyed.

Eddie has a point they seem to be inducting rap and other shitty genres that are anything but rock and roll. I guess rap is a subgenre of rock and roll but you know what? So is metal.

Rap is not shitty. Nor is pop or disco or any genre for that matter (although a case could be made for acoustic screamo or pirate metal).

If it falls under the rock umbrella, it has a right to be in the RIRHOF.

However, in terms of legendary status, Rush > Donna Summer. I feel like Rush is the more popular artist and has stood the test of time whereas I'm the only one I know who knows who Donna Summer is.