huge

GnRDuff1

Imagine if Slash brought in someone to Gn'R to be a second "lead" singer and told Axl that he basically was forced to work with him. Then it turns out Slash got the new guy to record his vocals over Axl's parts on a song.

Would Axl be pissed off?

I don't know Paul Huge. I can't say I hate him. I can't say I dislike him. But everything I've read about him, the guy seems like douche. You at least come in acting humble knowing you don't deserve to be there.

It wasn't just Slash who disliked him, as others have already stated.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Tobias/Huge obviously has some song-writing chops and has/had Axl's trust and respect (as far as we can tell)- so I tip my cap to him for that. I also feel that he was unfarily made the "Fall Guy" for the demise of Old Guns. I think by just about everyone's own admission at this point- the band had already been steadily breaking to pieces since Izzy left in '91 and basically just toured the bejesus out of Illusions for 2+ years and made videos and TSI? and "Sympathy For The Devil", etc. just to delay facing the painful fact that Old Guns was effectively dead. I am sure Paul's got his shortcomings (there do seem to be multiple reports that he's got a bit of a cocky attitude)- but honestly- seems to me he could have been freaking Gandhi and it wouldn't have mattered a damn. The ship was already going down...

You make some good points but I don't think he was made the fall guy as Axl pushing him on Slash was just one more crack in the crumbling relationship which you also point out..Slash was not the only one who had an issue with him as Matt and Duff did also so people, not you, implying it was Slash's issue are being shortsighted...Sounds like Huge has a bit of an attitude and likes to flaunt his friendship with Axl so you can't blame the other musicians for having a problem relating to him.......I am a firm believer that if most people think someone is an asshole the person most likley is an asshole...............

Slash, Duff and Matt had a problem with Huge? Didn't they also have a problem with Dizzy? What about Axl? And let's not forget Tracy and Roberta.

I think I'm starting to see a pattern.

Tommy didn't like him at first either.

I don't doubt the guy is a bit of a dick. Seems like he was "axl's boy" and basically thought he had some kind of immunity so he could act superior in the studio.

Paul Tobias/Huge obviously has some song-writing chops and has/had Axl's trust and respect (as far as we can tell)- so I tip my cap to him for that. I also feel that he was unfarily made the "Fall Guy" for the demise of Old Guns. I think by just about everyone's own admission at this point- the band had already been steadily breaking to pieces since Izzy left in '91 and basically just toured the bejesus out of Illusions for 2+ years and made videos and TSI? and "Sympathy For The Devil", etc. just to delay facing the painful fact that Old Guns was effectively dead. I am sure Paul's got his shortcomings (there do seem to be multiple reports that he's got a bit of a cocky attitude)- but honestly- seems to me he could have been freaking Gandhi and it wouldn't have mattered a damn. The ship was already going down...

You make some good points but I don't think he was made the fall guy as Axl pushing him on Slash was just one more crack in the crumbling relationship which you also point out..Slash was not the only one who had an issue with him as Matt and Duff did also so people, not you, implying it was Slash's issue are being shortsighted...Sounds like Huge has a bit of an attitude and likes to flaunt his friendship with Axl so you can't blame the other musicians for having a problem relating to him.......I am a firm believer that if most people think someone is an asshole the person most likley is an asshole...............

Slash, Duff and Matt had a problem with Huge? Didn't they also have a problem with Dizzy? What about Axl? And let's not forget Tracy and Roberta.

I think I'm starting to see a pattern.

Tommy didn't like him at first either.

I don't doubt the guy is a bit of a dick. Seems like he was "axl's boy" and basically thought he had some kind of immunity so he could act superior in the studio.

Tommy doesn't come off as the type that likes very many people at all at first.

But then you see more or less what he was about, on the Rock In Rio III show, and he just really wasn't up to par as a player or performer. :shrugs:

Can't really judge anyone by one performance,the fact that he is still helping w/GNR says a lot.

Maybe, but it seems like he is much better at working behind the scenes, rather than up front and centre. You'd have to be kind of special to stand your ground sandwiched between Buckethead and Finck. Fortus did that much more effectively.

Indeed. Paul seems to be better as a songwriter than a performer. His songwriting credits on Chinese are evidence of that.